• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

But bias aside most people would think it logical that a team shouldn't be able to move stadiums this late in the season with likely 60% of the games already having been played, of course it wasn't the original plan moving so late but I can see why other teams might get annoyed by it for a variety of reasons.

Honestly not trying to be a smart ass, but which reasons?

Honestly not trying to be a smart ass, but which reasons?

Well us getting a boost and winning more games with a title run in, or if you take the Cardiff viewpoint not settling in properly and losing to relegation threatened teams.

Well us getting a boost and winning more games with a title run in, or if you take the Cardiff viewpoint not settling in properly and losing to relegation threatened teams.

So getting a boost by being allowed to play at your home stadium? Is that one of the arguments? Why shouldn't you be allowed to? I don't see any logical reasons for that. We've played one and a half seasons away from home, so what if we get a "boost" for actually being allowed to play at home? Isn't that the whole point of having a home stadium? Should we complain that the other teams have been boosted all season by being allowed to play at home and demand they play a few home matches away? I just don't get it. :p

So getting a boost by being allowed to play at your home stadium? Is that one of the arguments? Why shouldn't you be allowed to? I don't see any logical reasons for that. We've played one and a half seasons away from home, so what if we get a "boost" for actually being allowed to play at home? Isn't that the whole point of having a home stadium? Should we complain that the other teams have been boosted all season by being allowed to play at home and demand they play a few home matches away? I just don't get it. :p

I'm very happy we're moving but just putting forward a view that not everyone will be e.g. if we moved and it gave us a huge boost and we won every home game for the rest of the season and won the title or got top 4 then there would definitely be grumblings from other managers and the press.

But bias aside most people would think it logical that a team shouldn't be able to move stadiums this late in the season with likely 60% of the games already having been played, of course it wasn't the original plan moving so late but I can see why other teams might get annoyed by it for a variety of reasons.

All bias aside, I can think of no reason why there would be any real issue with a club moving stadium mid season.

All the noise about it is frankly flimflam.

I'm very happy we're moving but just putting forward a view that not everyone will be e.g. if we moved and it gave us a huge boost and we won every home game for the rest of the season and won the title or got top 4 then there would definitely be grumblings from other managers and the press.

Yeah, sorry, I don't mean to attack you, just that viewpoint. :) I just think the argument is ridiculous. We've played half the season again literally away from home, and supposedly giving us a boost by "allowing" us to play at our home fudging stadium shouldn't be allowed because... Why? Of course we might get a boost! We might have gotten a boost at the start of the current season as well, or the next season. The argument is silly, in my opinion. "we shouldn't allow spurs to play games at their home stadium, as they might become too good" - get out of here, what the hell. Makes no sense. Then teams shouldn't be allowed to buy players or change managers either, they might get a boost! :p

Glass starting to go in on the east stand now, so once thats in the panels will be in and the exterior all done. Not sure if that would need to be done before a test event/game anyway but its oh so close.

Did they say they are updating us on the 7th or the week beginning the 7th, so anytime next week?

No, its the point of being able to open it mid season - you commit to where youre playing before season starts. Emirates opened before start of the season, Manchester stadium did too, West Ham same. So all things being equal ours shouldnt be allowed to open until after this season.....

If its the rules then thats one thing, but as we are planning on moving in shortly I imagine its actually not.

What is there to complain about though? Its a nonsense.

They werent complaining when we are at the disadvantage of having no home ground. Its a bit rich to try and bitch about us moving in mid season.

If its the rules then thats one thing, but as we are planning on moving in shortly I imagine its actually not.

They werent complaining when we are at the disadvantage of having no home ground. Its a bit rich to try and bitch about us moving in mid season.

PL rules state you can only have 1 stadium - we were given special dispensation for a couple of games which has turned into a few months.

I can see why other clubs are tinkled TBH.

Far as I was aware the rules are you can only play your home games at one ground in a season and Levy managed to negotiate around this which is why many complained, I bet if it was Arsenal or Chelsea doing it many on here would.....

No, its the point of being able to open it mid season - you commit to where youre playing before season starts. Emirates opened before start of the season, Manchester stadium did too, West Ham same. So all things being equal ours shouldnt be allowed to open until after this season.....

All stadiums which were built on seperate sites to where the teams home grounds stood with start dates not reliant on the demolition of said ground, we could have built a stadium at Picketts Lock with a much more generous time scale and moved from one straight in to the other but we chose to stay and develop our historical home - clubs who wish to do that should be encouraged/supported as it's in the interest of the game for clubs to modernize their stadia, and id imagine that's how the FA/PL view it also seeings as they have allowed us to do what we are doing.

Of what interest to anyone is it that completed stadiums lay empty for months on end not being used?

Glass starting to go in on the east stand now, so once thats in the panels will be in and the exterior all done. Not sure if that would need to be done before a test event/game anyway but its oh so close.

Did they say they are updating us on the 7th or the week beginning the 7th, so anytime next week?

I don't think the East Stand exterior was ever supposed to be finished this season. It's probably ahead of where it was supposed to be because the wiring problem allowed more time to work on it now.

All stadiums which were built on seperate sites to where the teams home grounds stood with start dates not reliant on the demolition of said ground, we could have built a stadium at Picketts Lock with a much more generous time scale and moved from one straight in to the other but we chose to stay and develop our historical home - clubs who wish to do that should be encouraged/supported as it's in the interest of the game for clubs to modernize their stadia, and id imagine that's how the FA/PL view it also seeings as they have allowed us to do what we are doing.

Of what interest to anyone is it that completed stadiums lay empty for months on end not being used?
Agree mate, simply saying why people are unhappy about it - We will be breaking a rule if we do play at NWHL this season and so they're well within their rights to complain....

Back