• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Agree mate, simply saying why people are unhappy about it - We will be breaking a rule if we do play at NWHL this season and so they're well within their rights to complain....

People would always complain about something like this whether it's within reason or not - id be complaining if it was another club this season and those complaining about us would be making the same coutner argument that we are if they were in our position - that's just how it is.

The PL govern the rules and act impartially so when all said and done there isn't really a great injustice here as those who set the rules are the ones giving us the exemption- and I'd fully expect this to be used to set a precedent for any club who experiences a similar situation in the futute (if not an outright rule amendment introduced soon as a result)

PL rules state you can only have 1 stadium - we were given special dispensation for a couple of games which has turned into a few months.

I can see why other clubs are tinkled TBH.

Far as I was aware the rules are you can only play your home games at one ground in a season and Levy managed to negotiate around this which is why many complained, I bet if it was Arsenal or Chelsea doing it many on here would.....

If its against the rules we wont be allowed to do it. If its not against the rules we will. So far, it looks like its all going ahead so it would seem the point is moot.

Ground Registration

K.5. Each Club shall register its Stadium with the Board and must play all matches in the competitions listed in Rule L.9 for which it is the Home Club at the Stadium. No Club shall remove to another Stadium (either on a permanent or temporary basis) without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, in accordance with Rule K.6, below.

K.6. In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case (including, but not limited to, the factors set out in this Rule K.6) and shall not consent unless reasonably satisfied that such consent:
K.6.1. would be consistent with the objects of the League as set out in the Memorandum;
K.6.2. would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its Stadium;
K.6.3. would not to any material extent adversely affect such Club’s Officials, Players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;
K.6.4. would not have a material adverse effect on Visiting Clubs; Clubs: Operations Section K: Stadium Criteria and Broadcasters’ Requirements 136Rules: Section K
K.6.5. would not to any material extent adversely affect Clubs (or Football League clubs) having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and
K.6.6. would enhance the reputation of the League and promote the game of association football generally

Ground Registration

K.5. Each Club shall register its Stadium with the Board and must play all matches in the competitions listed in Rule L.9 for which it is the Home Club at the Stadium. No Club shall remove to another Stadium (either on a permanent or temporary basis) without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, in accordance with Rule K.6, below.

K.6. In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case (including, but not limited to, the factors set out in this Rule K.6) and shall not consent unless reasonably satisfied that such consent:
K.6.1. would be consistent with the objects of the League as set out in the Memorandum;
K.6.2. would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its Stadium;
K.6.3. would not to any material extent adversely affect such Club’s Officials, Players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;
K.6.4. would not have a material adverse effect on Visiting Clubs; Clubs: Operations Section K: Stadium Criteria and Broadcasters’ Requirements 136Rules: Section K
K.6.5. would not to any material extent adversely affect Clubs (or Football League clubs) having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and
K.6.6. would enhance the reputation of the League and promote the game of association football generally

I'm glad my FA fees and fines contribute to producing such waffle. You've got to love sports administrators.

Which was covered by our first few games at Wembley.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest, but you can understand the annoyances of other clubs.
No you can't, because they have accepted it. Whether it was for 3 games, 10 games or 15 games has absolutely no relevance. If anything, having less games at our new home should favor the other teams in the league, as we only gain, that supposedly unfair, advantage of playing at the teams actual home venue for just a few games, instead of the playing home for whole season, like all the other teams do!

DLs new year rave?

3Sf4uyC.png

Looks like something was being filmed at the stadium, as per a discussion on skyscrapercity. I’d guess it was it was just an advert for Nike or something but let’s hope it’s a promo video announcing our first game their!

Back