• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Oh dear! Cue three or four pages of arguments about the angle of the dangle and how it will affect our ability to perform in the dead ball area :rolleyes:

Gahhhh! As if that’s so stupid!

Honestly, if we played matches with that angle, do you think it would be ok?

How are the players supposed to warm up? They would either be running on a slope or on the same step as the linesman.

Can't see this being right

So you design your own new stadium at an eye watering cost and you can’t even get the pitch correct.
Well it wouldn’t be Spurs otherwise?

How are the players supposed to warm up? They would either be running on a slope or on the same step as the linesman.

Can't see this being right
The linesman will be running on the grass and then there looks like about 1-2 meters width of AstroTurf for the players to warm up on.

So no, I don’t think it is right that there is any issue on this.

Robbed from SSC. Looks like the corners areas have got some botox. There appears to be more of a flat area.
attachment.php

Edit: image is being blocked. Look down near the bottom of this page.
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=4085

Ticket details for Watford still showing as "unavailable" on the website. Surely they will have to announce something regarding where the game will be played within the next week or so?

Ticket details for Watford still showing as "unavailable" on the website. Surely they will have to announce something regarding where the game will be played within the next week or so?
Think they said the next announcement would be in the first week of Jan, so any time now. It will be regarding test events, so from that hopefully we’ll be able to work out the timeline they’re working to.

I still think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be first up.

An update is expected Monday.

With that gap under the net, is the keeper going to have to go and fetch the ball from behind the goal every time one goes in, or will there be a dedicated ball-boy for that?

Think they said the next announcement would be in the first week of Jan, so any time now. It will be regarding test events, so from that hopefully we’ll be able to work out the timeline they’re working to.

I still think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be first up.

Cool thanks.

Do we have to play a league game at the new ground before we play Dortmund? Essentially what I'm asking is will we be able to play Dortmund at the new ground if we can't quite get it signed off for Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester?

From Levy's statement in December :
"We shall receive a status report from our contractors in the week commencing 7 January 2019 and will update you thereafter."

So hopefully by end of next week we might hear something.

An update is expected Monday.

With that gap under the net, is the keeper going to have to go and fetch the ball from behind the goal every time one goes in, or will there be a dedicated ball-boy for that?
Better than Sunday league when the ball went under the net and all the way behind the goal. Same as goal kicks. Least it gave you a bit of a breather I guess.

So are you expecting subs to warm up on the slope, or right on the flat surface? And what if a linesman has to run past them?

Apologies if I sound glib, I'm genuinely trying to understand if I'm missing something here.
I think you’re definitely missing something. How is it any different to the old WHL, or other grounds like Goodison, OT, Anfield, etc.? In fact there’s more space than old WHL. And what slope are you on about? It’s a slight camber at the absolute most on the sidelines, they’re just going to be doing some stretches and light jogging.

Back