• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Not for me. I don't like the fact it's just a big lump of 3-D-scanned plastic particularly, but the appearance of the old one is iconic and timeless; IMO the wаnky, modern version is wаnky and modern and I suspect it'll look nearly as dated in ten or twenty years as the Leeds smiley. Don't want to spark an OT discussion, and personal tastes and all that, but I've never really taken to it myself, with its chippy two-tone and its puffed-out chest; it's always looked to me like it was designed by a GCSE student in CAD 101. Possibly one with short man syndrome. And it was responsible for Evil Chirpy who used to frighten the kids.

OK, that's out of my system now.
Would have been lovely to hack the CAD servers of the company that made the replica so that we ended up with a badger up there.

Another render from FIFA 19.

9kySWCi.jpg

Looks a bit weirder in this. The south stand with a pretty big gap. This is a still image from the promo video from a few weeks back. Maybe the final version (in the game) will look more like the one posted earlier.
At least the stadium is up and running somewhere....

Ok? I'd like you to explain that. The sun certainly sets in north west where I live. Actually, during the summer it doesn't set at all here, but that's another matter. At 6pm the sun will be west. If it's still up after 6, it will be west-northwest. Unless London has suddenly moved south to the equator, the sun will be up past 6pm during summer.

Ok? I'd like you to explain that. The sun certainly sets in north west where I live. Actually, during the summer it doesn't set at all here, but that's another matter. At 6pm the sun will be west. If it's still up after 6, it will be west-northwest. Unless London has suddenly moved south to the equator, the sun will be up past 6pm during summer.

So you believe the NWHL is moving to your neighbourhod ?

Oh - that's interesting. All the bold bit appeared after I typed my reply.

The proof for your assertion will be out there ... won't it ?

So you believe the NWHL is moving to your neighbourhod ?

Oh - that's interesting. All the bold bit appeared after I typed my reply.

The proof for your assertion will be out there ... won't it ?
It won't be high enough up to light up the pitch like on the render, but where is the sun here?
image.jpeg

He's right Kandi. The sun basically shines from the south everywhere north of the tropic of cancer. The south stand atrium will be bathed in natural light.

And the stadium is not exactly N-S (or S-N, for those who see things differently). Nonetheless, the sun does not rise or set in the NW.

The 'game' view is from an error in the Club/designer captioning many moons ago - perhaps even dating from pre-single tier south stand. As things stand (ouch ... a pun !), the sun may hit part of the southern end of the pitch when high, but it will more often hit most of the northern end.

Not while we're in the Northern hemisphere

Sorry to be a pedant but.........

"Each day the rising and setting points change slightly. At the summer solstice, the Sun rises as far to the northeast as it ever does, and sets as far to the northwest. Every day after that, the Sun rises a tiny bit further south."

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/AO/sunrise.html

"He's right Kandi. The sun basically shines from the south everywhere north of the tropic of cancer. The south stand atrium will be bathed in natural light."

Try telling that to scandanavians come mid summer.

OK I live in Leeds which is north of Tottenham but at this time of the year the sun definitely rises and sets north of the East/West axis.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pedant but.........

"Each day the rising and setting points change slightly. At the summer solstice, the Sun rises as far to the northeast as it ever does, and sets as far to the northwest. Every day after that, the Sun rises a tiny bit further south."

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/AO/sunrise.html
During the longest day of the year the sun is as far north as it gets but relative to WHL it is still south. The sun is shining north, that is the direction of it's rays/photons are shining north, but relative to an observer in WHL the sun is positioned south.

Last edited:
Right.

Firstly I owe you an apology Whiffler as I didn't look at the gif in your original "Sun in the NW sky again !", assuming it to be the evening shot in the post immediately above.

Secondly, although during the summer months the Sun transits the sky mainly to the South it will rise and set North of the East/West axis, particularly the more northerly the latitude. Yes, the Sun never goes higher than the Tropic of Cancer but the tilt of the earth means it sets further North.

Thirdly, by the time we get in it won't fvckin matter anyway, cos the Sun will be pretty much gone, unless Sky schedule a sunny lunchtime kick-off :rolleyes:

Sun in the NW sky again !
Surely the sun is shining from the South East in that picture? Hence the shadow being over the Southern end of the ground and only the North West portion of the inside of the stadium being in sunlight.

I'm not sure we would ever see a kick off early enough for the sun to be in that actual position however. With the sun coming from South West being more normal for most kick offs.

Surely the sun is shining from the South East in that picture? Hence the shadow being over the Southern end of the ground and only the North West portion of the inside of the stadium being in sunlight.

I'm not sure we would ever see a kick off early enough for the sun to be in that actual position however. With the sun coming from South West being more normal for most kick offs.
Actually it is from the south west. It is setting. That's my last comment on here about it.

I'm going back to the flat earth society.

Back