• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I liked this bit.

Recalling the time when the badger was removed from the old East Stand for maintenance in 1988, Club Historian, John Fennelly, said: “The badger was falling apart. It was dented and in pretty poor condition.

“The story was the dents had been caused in the Blitz. But the truth was the damage was done by Gazza — with an air rifle.

“He tried to deny it but he’d been spotted.”

WHL_94.png

Coming down.

Nice find. Hopefully it's right! :)

Yeah, was convinced Levy had this one (and stated my opinion on here that we would be in for the L'poo game) alas the construction gods conspired or some tossers/lazy gits. Ran big enough projects (non construction) in the past to know things just happen despite your best laid plans so now looking forward to the world being wowed when it's ready.

Also looking at my calendar to see if I can sneak 2 x premium seats for the very first match :)

I'm confused

"The Club has been working to create a scaled-up replica of the original that first appeared at The Lane in 1909"

"The original badger on a ball was erected at the end of the 1909–1910 season and was cast by William James Scott, who had played for the club when it was an amateur club. It was originally located atop the West Stand. but was removed in 1957 for upgrading of floodlighting and reappeared on top of the East Stand in December 1958. In 1989, the original badger was removed to be replaced by fibreglass replicas that were placed on top of both the East Stand and West Stand. The original badger was moved to the executive suites where it stayed for many years, then to the West Stand reception. It was moved to the club offices at Lilywhite House in 2016 as the stadium was due to be demolished for redevelopment"

So the original was there from 1910 to 1989. That is the 'proper' original, the one that was in Reception.
This one: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/11/ce/8b/11ce8be3b2126e31163ac0c92610485a--tottenham-hotspur.jpg

And in 1989 they made some shoddy fibreglass copies, which Gazza shot.

Now they are saying this new one is a replica of the original from 1909 AND also the one Gazza shot... so which is it? Both? A replica of a replica which someone shot?

Seems stupid to bother spending all that time and money to add bumps and scratches to make it look a bit sh1t... should have just made a nice version which actually looks metallic, rather than a dented version which celebrates years of wear and tear and looks like someone sprayed it with a can of Ronseal car spray.

It looks like a big chocolate wrapped in gold foil! I do get it is another link to the past, which is something I do like that they are doing, but actually this is just a replica of something old (or as @Bullet says a replica of a replica of something old) and not the actual thing itself. That dilutes the sentiment really.
I like the idea of the Spurs roosterrell on the south stand but I think I would have preferred an updated version, matching the current logo instead I guess.

Won't be long before that veil is whacked up in high speed, despite the reduced urgency after the opening date was delayed. That cylindrical screen is a bit of an oddity to me, I am really curious to see what is displayed there.

DmqDfzGXgAIYOYi.jpg:large

Would love to see a rollercoaster ride hooked up to these metal rails.

Between all the dips, rises, swerving turns and accompanying screams, it would be a fitting metaphor for supporting Spurs all these years.

I'm confused

"The Club has been working to create a scaled-up replica of the original that first appeared at The Lane in 1909"

"The original badger on a ball was erected at the end of the 1909–1910 season and was cast by William James Scott, who had played for the club when it was an amateur club. It was originally located atop the West Stand. but was removed in 1957 for upgrading of floodlighting and reappeared on top of the East Stand in December 1958. In 1989, the original badger was removed to be replaced by fibreglass replicas that were placed on top of both the East Stand and West Stand. The original badger was moved to the executive suites where it stayed for many years, then to the West Stand reception. It was moved to the club offices at Lilywhite House in 2016 as the stadium was due to be demolished for redevelopment"

So the original was there from 1910 to 1989. That is the 'proper' original, the one that was in Reception.
This one: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/11/ce/8b/11ce8be3b2126e31163ac0c92610485a--tottenham-hotspur.jpg

And in 1989 they made some shoddy fibreglass copies, which Gazza shot.

Now they are saying this new one is a replica of the original from 1909 AND also the one Gazza shot... so which is it? Both? A replica of a replica which someone shot?

Seems stupid to bother spending all that time and money to add bumps and scratches to make it look a bit sh1t... should have just made a nice version which actually looks metallic, rather than a dented version which celebrates years of wear and tear and looks like someone sprayed it with a can of Ronseal car spray.

As far as I gathered, it was the original one Gazza shot. Wasn't it?

When was that pitch picture taken??.....if we were suppose to play there Saturday i thought there be grass and lineage and everything in place?

If we are suppose to play in November/December at the New Lane, do we still have to have League approval to play at the stadium because we've played half a dozen games at Wembley. We were only suppose to play one game there.

Back