• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Surely the sun is shining from the South East in that picture? Hence the shadow being over the Southern end of the ground and only the North West portion of the inside of the stadium being in sunlight.

I'm not sure we would ever see a kick off early enough for the sun to be in that actual position however. With the sun coming from South West being more normal for most kick offs.

The image is looking toward the North stand - it is clearly not the 'all-in-one' South stand

Lots of people said "the sun is always shining from the South" on the SSC thread....

Then lots of cleverer people proved that it often shines from north of centre when it rises/sets... which was news to me, but there you go.

They proved it over 10 pages of back and forth, I'm not gonna rehash it all.

But yes, sometimes the sun will be a bit north of centre, rather than south of centre, when it rises/sets. Science.

Appreciate it's a FIFA render, but I seriously hope that part in the top left of image ISN'T how the NWHL will look! I can't see how sitting at the back with a wall to your left will offer you a good view of the top left corner of the pitch!????

Old Trafford has something similar and i always think it looks GHod awful. It's not really a wraparound stadium if you've got a giant facade blocking the noise from carrying round the ground.

FIFA render is accurate. Every seat can see all of the playing surface, but some will have obscured views of the rest of the stadium. I.E. the spots you've mentioned won't be able to see the west stand. The seats at the southern most points of the lower west and lower east stands won't be able to see all of the south stand unless they're in the first 5 rows or so. But there are no seats that cannot see all of the playing surface.

Render from the new FIFA game.

image_116696716.img.png

For some reason, I got a real White Hart Lane-feeling looking at it. :)

Reminded me of this one.

white-hart-lane-stadium-315374.jpg

Lots of people said "the sun is always shining from the South" on the SSC thread....

Then lots of cleverer people proved that it often shines from north of centre when it rises/sets... which was news to me, but there you go.

They proved it over 10 pages of back and forth, I'm not gonna rehash it all.

But yes, sometimes the sun will be a bit north of centre, rather than south of centre, when it rises/sets. Science.

Sun_seasons_sunpath5_edit.jpg

FIFA render is accurate. Every seat can see all of the playing surface, but some will have obscured views of the rest of the stadium. I.E. the spots you've mentioned won't be able to see the west stand. The seats at the southern most points of the lower west and lower east stands won't be able to see all of the south stand unless they're in the first 5 rows or so. But there are no seats that cannot see all of the playing surface.

oh. :eek:(
Well that has taken some gloss off of the exciting new stadium for me! I'm not a fan of grounds that have this about them. Ugly element

Really lifts haven't been cabled yet? Doesn't sound right surely.

He's made some additional replies to different people in various places:

Hi Paul, once the fire system and PAVA is linked and on test, then I will be able to say when. I posted a while back that if the system is not under test by the 1st week of Nov the commissioning team will struggle to get it signed off in time. Dec sign off is doable but loads risk involved. So many zones to get checked, and then get the SMS integrated which the CCTV, PAVA, Fire, Radio, CIS & lifts etc.

Only the fire alarm cabling to my knowledge but I would also think some of the PAVA cabling has been damaged as well...lift cabling is not in atm well done at the shaft demarcation point.

Yes mate defo a pic from yesterday, the scaffold and seats are not the issues with the stadium. This will all be done alongside the pitch in Nov. It's the PAVA, fire, lifts, SMS, CCTV & radio testing/commissioning that is the real problem...

All the cabling faults are being rectified, and last remaining cable installs are being pulled currently. I will stand with my tweet from a while back that the zone testing will start in Nov. If okay then 6 weeks the Commissioning should be done, then sign off.

If these critical tests fail then we will not get into the stadium until next season. The club will not be able to tell us anything until the above tests are done. Once the testing is underway, I will be able to advise. If a fire alarm is activated it will then trigger the PAVA to go off after a set time, which will evacuate the stadium. Radio is also critical, and I would think the stadium may have mist suppression installed. I will try and find out.

Read all that bumpf about improperly pulled wires from the anxious wire-pullers at Skoiscraper City. There's a few decent posters there - shelfside, Jim B, THFCDan, RobH, norskire(!)- but there's also a load of attention-seeking, self-aggrandizing twahts piling in there - Ally Gelt, MatTwahtspur, the Dutch donkey, and Beeston, the fcukwit Gooner-in-drag from Sand Dune Central.

Back