• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Screw the college, I want to start seeing a massive hold being dug next door for the foundations to go down for the bit that everyone actually cares about!

Same here, but I suppose the fact we have pics of Levy,Lennon and Dawson visiting the site gives me a bit more confidence (although not a lot), that we finally look to be going in the right direction

Same here, but I suppose the fact we have pics of Levy,Lennon and Dawson visiting the site gives me a bit more confidence (although not a lot), that we finally look to be going in the right direction

I guess something is better than nothing :)

I've finally accepted that we're not going to have it our way and the secrecy will continue for however long the club feels is necessary, which is very understandable considering nothing can happen until the CPO decision is made and could be delayed due to shortages/crises in other departments, namely the Environment Agency since NYE.

Even if the rumours of a redesign are false (before anyone says but Edmonton said this or that we have to remember there's nothing until it's official) then I'm happy to go ahead with the current design even if it my fears of it not being future proof are true. After all for a club which has only two League Cups to show for the last two decades 56,000 ain't bad when you think about it.

Last edited:

I think a redesign can get approved quickly if the stadium footprint and capacity remain largely the same. Iirc, when the club put in the redesign for the northern (full planning permission) and southern (outline) parts of the development approval was within a couple of months (March to May?). Given progress over TfL and the railways, I'd guess a small capacity increase could be accommodated and they can do what they want inside the stadium. Only if they want to build higher and increase the capacity substantially would they need to go through lengthy consultations.

Meanwhile, can I suggest we send Pickles some food.

So what happens if we never build the stadium?

I assume we're making a good bit of money on the other bits we're building? And that building them was made possible/cheaper with help from the government/council/CPOs on the basis that we would be building a new stadium?

So what if we just stopped? What if we said "Thanks for the help and all the profit in what we've done so far but we just don't fancy building a new stadium now"?

So what happens if we never build the stadium?

I assume we're making a good bit of money on the other bits we're building? And that building them was made possible/cheaper with help from the government/council/CPOs on the basis that we would be building a new stadium?

So what if we just stopped? What if we said "Thanks for the help and all the profit in what we've done so far but we just don't fancy building a new stadium now"?

Not sure what Sainsburys would say, I thought I read once the Sainsburys could not be built without a guarantee the stadium would too, or vice versa??

Personally, I would still like to see the North and East Stands get extended, much like SJP, but I doubt that is ever going to happen.
Much as it would be nice to have a 56k stadium, I do wonder what its going to look like on Europa League nights and on days when we are playing the Cardiffs/Boltons,etc; of this world

Last edited:

Not sure what Sainsburys would say, I thought I read once the Sainsburys could not be built without a guarantee the stadium would too, or vice versa??

Personally, I would still like to see the North and East Stands get extended, much like SJP, but I doubt that is ever going to happen.
Much as it would be nice to have a 56k stadium, I do wonder what its going to look like on Europa League nights and on days when we are playing the Cardiffs/Boltons,etc; of this world
blimey it may seem things are worrying atm, but i dont think we will be playing in the Championship anytime soon;)

not sure about North and East. But the East and West could easily be knocked down and increased to much larger stands. I think they only hold 16,000 of the current total. so an East that could hold 20.000 and a West that could hold 20,000 would get the ground up to 60,000 and it would not be an identikit stadium. The west has plenty of space behind it and im sure that Worcestor road could be claimed to a certain degree?

I do wonder what its going to look like on Europa League nights and on days when we are playing the Cardiffs/Boltons,etc; of this world

There is ways around that. Saracens are having regular games at Wembley now. Their average gate is only about 10k but by selling tickets for £10 or £15 they are getting upwards of 60k to Wembley for their games they play there. making fans for the future and getting more people to involved.

Europa night v Tromso or some cack side could be £15 each and kids for a quid. That way league cup games and Europa boring matches would fill out.

There is ways around that. Saracens are having regular games at Wembley now. Their average gate is only about 10k but by selling tickets for £10 or £15 they are getting upwards of 60k to Wembley for their games they play there. making fans for the future and getting more people to involved.

Europa night v Tromso or some cack side could be £15 each and kids for a quid. That way league cup games and Europa boring matches would fill out.

You're spot on it would. Just not 100% convinced we would do it. Although we do seem to have done more games at cheaper rates than we used to

not sure about North and East. But the East and West could easily be knocked down and increased to much larger stands. I think they only hold 16,000 of the current total. so an East that could hold 20.000 and a West that could hold 20,000 would get the ground up to 60,000 and it would not be an identikit stadium. The west has plenty of space behind it and im sure that Worcestor road could be claimed to a certain degree?

I just thought with owning the land behind it we could definitely go 'up and back' with the Paxton, a bit like what they have done at Old Trafford with the stand that backs onto the railway (South Stand?)

This is Levy though

This is Levy though

Yes, first season for sure, I dont see him doing many 'match deals' as he knows fans will want to experience the new stadium.
Once the novelty wears off in the 2nd or 3rd season and we start seeing 30/40k crowds turning up for some Cup matches he will have to have a rethink

Yes, first season for sure, I dont see him doing many 'match deals' as he knows fans will want to experience the new stadium.
Once the novelty wears off in the 2nd or 3rd season and we start seeing 30/40k crowds turning up for some Cup matches he will have to have a rethink

To be fair i got two tickets for Dnipro last week and they were £18 each. So with a larger crowd opportunity he could reduce that to the £15 for adults and kids for a £1. Levy might be charging us to the hilt but he is not stupid to not see avenues to increase future revenue schemes.

To be fair, we'd just have to accept that not all games will be sold out. We'd just be like 99% of all other clubs that sometimes have empty seats.

We'd probably get 40k tops for EL games but, so what? Get through to matches in the quarters and semi's and we'd then have packed out 55k with one hell of an atmosphere.

I think empty seats is the least of our concerns. I think we should get a vigilante group together and just start attacking the West Stand with hammers. Try and get this project moving a bit. It doesn't seem like we're going to be playing in a new stadium any time soon does it.

Business idea for Levy: Invest in some shovels and charge fans a fiver to dig for a few minutes before home games. Help "build" the stadium. Then sell them beer afterwards. Maybe a nice patio where people can watch the work from.

Didn't we fill white hart lane in 60/70's plus some top cup games in the 80's with 52,000,so with today's capacity of just 36 000,there are plenty of fans out there who are left out. With 20,000 supposely on a season waiting list i presume the board will be looking to sell at least 30,000 season tickets,then you have corperate sales of 5000 +,away fans of 2/3000 then another 4/5,000 floating tickets for Spurs fans who can only make certain games, then the rest for the plastics and tourists looking for something to do on a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon.The attendance will always show a minimum of 50,000 even higher, like the goons do,they always show its a sell out even in cup games against championship sides because they include season ticket holders even if they don't turn up.

Delay.... well I presume the board are trying to tie in other attractions into the staduim so its used 12 months of the year like american football,also with a general election next year you can see Johnson and Cameron may use it as a political tool in saying how they are generating money into the area and see how we are helping people with jobs etc and in return the club may get extra grant money from them.

Last edited:

Didn't we fill white hart lane in 60/70's plus some top cup games in the 80's with 52,000,so with today's capacity of just 36 000,there are plenty of fans out there who are left out. With 20,000 supposely on a season waiting list i presume the board will be looking to sell at least 30,000 season tickets,then you have corperate sales of 5000 +,away fans of 2/3000 then another 4/5,000 floating tickets for Spurs fans who can only make certain games, then the rest for the plastics and tourists looking for something to do on a Saturday/ Sunday afternoon.The attendance will always show a minimum of 50,000 even higher, like the goons do,they always show its a sell out even in cup games against championship sides because they include season ticket holders even if they don't turn up.

Delay.... well I presume the board are trying to tie in other attractions into the staduim so its used 12 months of the year like american football,also with a general election next year you can see Johnson and Cameron may use it as a political tool in saying how they are generating money into the area and see how we are helping people with jobs etc and in return the club may get extra grant money from them.

I agree with the first part of your post, but can't see there are many votes in Tottenham for the Conservative Party on this issue

I agree with the first part of your post, but can't see there are many votes in Tottenham for the Conservative Party on this issue

Tottenham has suffered from the fact that as it is a labour strong hold labour will never spend money on it as they would rather target seats they do not hold but could win. When we have a tory government like we do now they will never spend money on Tottenham because they see it as lost money as they can not win the seat.

It is the same in all safe seats no matter who is in power.

Tottenham has suffered from the fact that as it is a labour strong hold labour will never spend money on it as they would rather target seats they do not hold but could win. When we have a tory government like we do now they will never spend money on Tottenham because they see it as lost money as they can not win the seat.

It is the same in all safe seats no matter who is in power.

Completely agree. Whilst studying Politics I met a few people from the third sector and they said to get a real chance of receiving the full amount you need nothing betters having the same party for the council, seat and government, anything else and you'll be relying upon on luck.

Sums up why I can't stand party Politics, even one of America's founding fathers John Adam's absolutely despised it.

JOHN ADAMS, letter to Jonathan Jackson, Oct. 2, 1789

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/p/political_parties_quotes.html#2K9BweU7LKHjjxCM.99

Last edited:

I think the Conservative have good reason to invest in Tottenham. They will never win in Tottenham but the Mayor of London has become a high profile position and Boris allows them to claim a major city. Boris can demonstrate (or at least argue) that he cares about poor areas. Investment in Tottenham can help him get re-elected (if allowed?) or gain more nation prominence. He is remarkably popular for his rather right-wing positions on most things and this can help his image. More generally, the Conservatives need to be able to win the Mayors position and there are enough areas close to Tottenham where they do have legitimate chances.

Given the publicity around the Tottenham scheme, it would be staggering if he wasn't putting pressure on Pickles to approve the CPO.

Back