• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I'm looking forward to reading people's first impressions of it all after the game tomorrow
I popped down on Tuesday for a quick look, expecting to be impressed.

There was lots of hoardings, lots of workmen, scaffold, sheeting, couldn't see much... the photos from the Spurs cameras and from the various photo-warriors on the SSC thread are a lot more revealing than my cursory visit. Don't expect Vegas on acid, just expect a building site where you can't see over the hoardings.

In Paxton Upper today at other end to the big gap. It does look odd but somehow not as weird as I thought it would.
don't think I have ever been this high up in the ground before. Feels that if I jump up I will topple down the rows!

dFSDaFw.jpg

CqU8cJYWcAE6e34.jpg

43b0d11d417c038777bc914277c57ec7.jpg

0bbe62aad826f830033486ea014d080d.jpg

28823715560_e3164b8336_b.jpg

CqTpNQOWAAAbxVo.jpg

CqVSQU9W8AUSWNs.jpg

Looking at the gap in the ground, for me it sort out felt like Stoke's ground.

Definitely not quite as weird as I thought it might be

Walking past those pillars with the rebar sticking out (4th pic above) behind the Paxton, weird to think (IIRC) that that is the basement level and where the bar is sticking out will be ground level for the new stadium (think so anyhow)

The gap did not appear to effect the flight of the ball in the match, but it was gusting along The Paxton. I think it's going to be chilly in the winter. Did anyone try the new beer token scheme? was it helpful?

Walking past those pillars with the rebar sticking out (4th pic above) behind the Paxton, weird to think (IIRC) that that is the basement level and where the bar is sticking out will be ground level for the new stadium (think so anyhow)

The walkway is elevated above the ground floor. That pillar will be supporting the lower tier and the inner edge of the first floor. Similar to this (floor not included):

raker_beams.jpg

Back