• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I don't see the problem, if we moved out and sold WHL there would be uproar if they played there for a year while the Olympic Stadium was re-developed.

Had my "meeting"

The company I've just been with were the company who worked on the training ground and also Lily-white House.

They also have a strong relationship with the club

Only ground news that they have been told is that McLarens were the lead company but can't finance the project (hence ether JV). Spurs weren't keen on that. There currently talking to the short list bidders as advised earlier.

Nothing new other than there is a different executive dinner menu again this year

Last edited:
Levy most definitely will be hands on during the project

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

I've said it before, and no doubt will again soon. But this puts a smile on my face every time I see it, it never tires

I was offered multiple senior procurement roles at Wembley to bail them out and I declined every one

The problem was that multiplex didn't understand the UK construction sector, were arrogant and packaged everything into massive packages with loads of variables hence the increase. They were also changing the leadership team every week as it got worse soon one had any accountability and they had no leverage in the UK. Would be a similar issue here IMO. If I was the clients procurement representative I wouldn't touch them with sol Campbell's bell end

For me I'm stunned that McLaren aren't in that shortlist as they have major relationship with they club, were quick confident a few months back about a "large construction project in the south Enfield area" and they did loads for the trading ground. They also had a JV set up with a Spanish company

Of the bidders left I'd fancy McAplines as they have a core team that have built plenty of stadiums and do a bloody good job in budget and too spec. They would have eaten Wembley

Mace are another odd one in that I can't name a stadium they have built (without googling) and there's a lot of infighting going on with their divisions

Not that I know anything about the industry, but I wasn't at all surprised to see Mace on the list

The last time the NFL announced an extension for Wembley it was 'at least 1 game per year'. So the number of guarenteed games has gone up.

The 'at least' part just gives the NFL the opportunity to look at other venues, and probably some negotiating power with Wembley. Neither Spurs nor Wembley has an exclusive deal so I doubt it's related to potential overrun of our project.

How long before some drunk idiot finds a way to get onto the climbing wall in the middle of the night and kills himself trying to get to the top without any ropes?

Look at the money that's being made out of the Sky 4 and the maintenance of that cartel. The wealth that was thieved off the Russian people is still swimming in and out of Chelsea's accounts. Does anyone really imagine corrupt practices haven't become established to ensure it continues? Expect an awful lot more of the same before we're finished.

There is an out in the final paragraph that seems like a comprise.

They do seem to be spelling out the solution and acknowledge that these non-nationally listed buildings are of lesser importance. The nationally listed buildings (Warmington House, Percy House, Dial House, and several others in the northern terrace) are all retained.

It strikes me that the assessment is trying to be thorough and balanced so it can survive challenge. The discussions of building heights in the southern development does not seem to lead to any suggestions that these be scrapped or scaled down. The focus of the conclusions and letter is on the heritage buildings. At worst the Tottenham Experience building would have to go, but they have suggested the compromise.

P.S. I would imagine there are heritage buildings around Stamford Bridge and the locals are likely NIMBYs. Or were these all dealt with in the Chelsea Village development?

So now the NFL have agreed a deal with Twickenham. Wembley have 3, Twickenham 3 and 2 for us. Isn't that the same number of home games a franchise has?

I think it is saying a minimum of three games over three years. So one a year with the possibility of more. I think Wembley is a minimum of two a year. So that is a minimum of five a year with all three venues having potential for more.

My take on the guaranteed game as contracted (all minimums):

2016: Wembley 2, Twickenham 1
2017: Wembley 2, Twickenham 1
2018: Wembley 2, Twickenham 1, WHL 2
2019: Wembley 2, WHL 2
2020: Wembley 2, WHL 2
2021: WHL 2
2022: WHL 2
2023: WHL 2
2024: WHL 2
2025: WHL 2
2026: WHL 2
2027: WHL 2

So potentially we could take all from 2021 or get no extras. I can't see Twickenham taking more than a couple (although I never thought they'd take any) and 3-4 seems the maximum for Wembley.

Last edited:
Back