• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The club being in cahoots with Archway is not a conspiracy theory?

You said yourself on this page of this thread that if the outbuildings started coming down you would agree. That actually happens, now you jump back to how those in charge can't be trusted so... insert new conspiracy theory at any suitable point in time.

Like I said, think up a new conspiracy theory on the fly, go with that. Rinse and repeat.

I do agree.. but how have I thought up something new on the fly? I don't think I can trust them.. doesn't mean its a fricken conspiracy. Everytime someone loses trust in someone does it mean its a conspiracy. No.

I do agree.. but how have I thought up something new on the fly? I don't think I can trust them.. doesn't mean its a fricken conspiracy. Everytime someone loses trust in someone does it mean its a conspiracy. No.

Not yet. But in the last couple of pages we've had the "Spurs and Archway were in cahoots all along" and of course the "Spurs made a deal to keep Archway quiet" ideas. Both seemingly made up on the fly, both looking like conspiracy theories to me. I'll give it a week and probably something new will pop up somewhere. Who knows, might already have happened on here if not for the backlash against the previous bunch of conspiracy theories and the unusual swiftness one of those was swatted away by the demolition of a building.

Not trusting someone doesn't make it a conspiracy theory. Explaining (away) everything that happens with ideas about how hidden deals are being made with a secret agenda contrary to what's publicly known on the other hand... Often conspiracy theories imo.

My objection to your initial post wasn't that you don't trust Levy/Lewis/whoever. It was the way you made the claim that you saw no reason to make a deal unless the club and Archway had been in cahoots on this. Despite other possible explanations perfectly in line with the official story from the club being readily available. That to me looks like conspiracy mongering. Meanwhile the unfalsifiable idea that Levy/Lewis/whoever can't be trusted lives on. The fact that the building did come down, the fact that there were potentially legit open reasons for making a deal seemingly does nothing to suggest that the idea that made you jump to the conspiracy theory in the first place might be wrong.

Not yet. But in the last couple of pages we've had the "Spurs and Archway were in cahoots all along" and of course the "Spurs made a deal to keep Archway quiet" ideas. Both seemingly made up on the fly, both looking like conspiracy theories to me.
I would say there is people out there that have thought that they have been in cahoots all along. There is no way of knowing whether true or not. It benefit's everyone involved though the deal... Start early, no more waiting.. gagging Archway. Lets see if a national newspaper offers to tell Archways story, would be an interesting read.

Not trusting someone doesn't make it a conspiracy theory. Explaining (away) everything that happens with ideas about how hidden deals are being made with a secret agenda contrary to what's publicly known on the other hand... Often conspiracy theories imo.

Yes after the event yes, I agree.. if someone continually brings new stuff to the table.

My objection to your initial post wasn't that you don't trust Levy/Lewis/whoever. It was the way you made the claim that you saw no reason to make a deal unless the club and Archway had been in cahoots on this. Despite other possible explanations perfectly in line with the official story from the club being readily available. That to me looks like conspiracy mongering. Meanwhile the unfalsifiable idea that Levy/Lewis/whoever can't be trusted lives on. The fact that the building did come down, the fact that there were potentially legit open reasons for making a deal seemingly does nothing to suggest that the idea that made you jump to the conspiracy theory in the first place might be wrong.

I stand by what I said and do not see that its conspiracy mongering. I don't understand after someone stitching you up for 10 years, you go out and then do a deal with them. Will 2 months make all the difference in all this, when waiting the time we have. I agree, obviously it does because the building has come down, does not mean I trust them because of it, there are still question marks that have always been there, not just made up since the building's came down to quantify the continuation of conspiracy mongering.

Anyway, we all want the same thing.. a stadium to be proud of. We can argue the nuance's of how it comes about, but we all want the same thing.

I stand by what I said and do not see that its conspiracy mongering. I don't understand after someone stitching you up for 10 years, you go out and then do a deal with them. Will 2 months make all the difference in all this, when waiting the time we have. I agree, obviously it does because the building has come down, does not mean I trust them because of it, there are still question marks that have always been there, not just made up since the building's came down to quantify the continuation of conspiracy mongering.

Anyway, we all want the same thing.. a stadium to be proud of. We can argue the nuance's of how it comes about, but we all want the same thing.

2 months could be the difference with it being ready for the start of one season or the next (unless we move in half way through).

I would say there is people out there that have thought that they have been in cahoots all along. There is no way of knowing whether true or not. It benefit's everyone involved though the deal... Start early, no more waiting.. gagging Archway. Lets see if a national newspaper offers to tell Archways story, would be an interesting read.

Yes after the event yes, I agree.. if someone continually brings new stuff to the table.

But as all agreed once the CPO process had started we couldnt deal with Archway, once that process had been worked through, we were then in a position to deal with them.

2 months could be the difference with it being ready for the start of one season or the next (unless we move in half way through).

I truly hope your correct. I guess we will see what happens in that area over the next 2 months.

According to a very good mate of mine who posts on TFC, Archway were offered £10mn to get lost but wanted £13mn. As a result of the CPO, they settled for £3mn.

Chancers.

The application for planning permission for the stadium basement is on Haringey’s website.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=280768

I don’t think there’s anything too exciting to see but the comments I have are:

1. Comparing the new ground floor plan with the original plan from the approved KSS design the size and footprint appears to be very much the same. The changes only appear to be in how the internal space is divided up and used.

2. The application says “It is not proposed to change … the capacity of the stadium that is already consented, nor change the external appearance or the height, scale and mass of the consented stadium”. Of course, that doesn’t rule out future planning applications being submitted that could seek such changes.

So they are moving the car park under the stands instead of the ground level, bar around 60 spaces. Shame they couldn't make it double tier. For me its one of the things I liked about the Valencia project and had hoped it would be incorporated here. They could put so much down there, and its a shame to waste the valuable space with just dirt and concrete.

Hopefully they will take the same idea and move it to the proposed new player facilities at the training ground and therefore mean more rooms by building down and using the moat system to which you don't see the building but the rooms can still get natural light... enough rooms to maybe hold an NFL team!. It does seem all the rage though with all these mega basements being built in London.

So they are moving the car park under the stands instead of the ground level, bar around 60 spaces. Shame they couldn't make it double tier. For me its one of the things I liked about the Valencia project and had hoped it would be incorporated here. They could put so much down there, and its a shame to waste the valuable space with just dirt and concrete.

Hopefully they will take the same idea and move it to the proposed new player facilities at the training ground and therefore mean more rooms by building down and using the moat system to which you don't see the building but the rooms can still get natural light... enough rooms to maybe hold an NFL team!. It does seem all the rage though with all these mega basements being built in London.

Wouldn't it matter where the water table is how deep you can go down? The site is fairly close to the Lee River isn't it.

Back