• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Surely we would have a full season as our last once it's been made official when we move out?

"Oh by the way guys we move out in a few months time" - can't see that happening

I imagine that for the PL to agree then 13 of the 20 Club Chairmen will have to agree (thus giving a 2/3 majority) - you can bet that the Spammers lot will vote against us!

We'd be crazy to build something that is already so badly dated and too small. We've got one chance to do this properly
wow what a night for agreeing with you

Yep it looks awful, is cheap design that would have looked shiny for a week or so.

The one in Belgium looks good proper 4 sides good modern design. It is like the Jaguar F type a nod to the past but modern sleek and stylish. Lets not just buy a bloody Mondeo.

This is interesting: http://stadiumdb.com/news/2015/03/brussels_meet_belgiums_new_national_stadium. Anderlecht aren't using the Populus design (as of last week), so it's still on their drawing board and if we use it, it won't just be a clone of the Brussels one

If it's still in play, Spurs should grab it. The shot below shows that glass wall referenced by the ITK poster a page or so back.

sxjbeg.jpg

The aerial view - middle picture - shows an opening and surrounding glass area that looks egg-shaped, so maybe this is what is being referred to.

Ontwerpen-Eurostadion-collage.jpg

The proposed interior certainly isn't a big departure from the initial design with the huge Kop stand at the south end.

2142sly.jpg

Last edited:
We'd be crazy to build something that is already so badly dated and too small. We've got one chance to do this properly

Don't get me wrong i much prefer the Anderlecht stadium design, however id be very suprised if we get a stadium so far removed from the original design.

Fingers crossed though

Don't get me wrong i much prefer the Anderlecht stadium design, however id be very suprised if we get a stadium so far removed from the original design.

Fingers crossed though

The KSS design is nearly a decade old. I'd be surprised if the intended building materials/technology are even used any more.

Also they possibly have some IP on the design, so it might be cheaper for us to pay Populus for a whole package, rather than both Populus and KSS?

We've quietly been going around buying up the old Wingate industrial estate for about 15 years.

Remember Archway were the 73rd company on the site. The other 72 have all been bought privately in the interim.

It's a long game

70 of the businesses you talk of didn't have a choice, they were all renters and basically all the property was owned by one person. This deal was completed with no troubles whatsoever. That 15 years you talk of is bull ;)

The club statement yesterday said that they have used the period during the CPO process "to refine the detailed design of the stadium, which was originally produced in 2008". Suggesting minor modifications to the existing, published design not a completely new design.

It would also seem odd to me if the club submitted a minor material amendment to the approved plans (for the inclusion of a basement) if they shortly intend to submit a new application for the whole stadium.

Nice to see them take on something I have been rather loud in wanting on this MB, Car parking under the stadium, hopefully it will be two levels at least.

Cannot believe they have done a deal with them clams. Don't understand either what we would get out of it. Does anyone know timelines going through both channels. how long Haringey would have taken and November with the deal that was made. Doing a deal doesn't make sense, why would we be nice to them after them making us squirm for 14 years.. unless.. dare I say it they been in cahoots all along. Nah must not think dark thoughts. lol

The club statement yesterday said that they have used the period during the CPO process "to refine the detailed design of the stadium, which was originally produced in 2008". Suggesting minor modifications to the existing, published design not a completely new design.

It would also seem odd to me if the club submitted a minor material amendment to the approved plans (for the inclusion of a basement) if they shortly intend to submit a new application for the whole stadium.

I wonder if the underground stuff is more urgent, because we are doing that now?

Whereas the revised plans for the stand shape and size can wait a little because we won't start building above ground for a good year or more yet?

Because of the CPO sensitivity we've also had to tread carefully about announcing major redesigns. Hopefully we're in the clear to start doing that now.

Cannot believe they have done a deal with them clams. Don't understand either what we would get out of it. Does anyone know timelines going through both channels. how long Haringey would have taken and November with the deal that was made. Doing a deal doesn't make sense, why would we be nice to them after them making us squirm for 14 years.. unless.. dare I say it they been in cahoots all along. Nah must not think dark thoughts. lol

They had to hand the site over in early June under the CPO.

Where does November come from?

I expect the deal might let us demolish their smaller outlying building nearer the High Road sooner. These are where the new west stand will be, so we need to start digging there sooner. The main Archway building is only going to be the centre circle, so we can work around that for quite a long time. Just a theory.

November was in the statement wasn't it. Allowing them more time to relocate.

I'm baffled at this.. 14 years and now we are helping them.

Because we need to draw the process out as long as possible, as actually the funding isn't in place?

funding is done and dusted .. we had to prove that in the court case.

Likely we actually don't need to work on that piece of land right now, so not priority and we got some return on the time concession.

Back