• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

Even if we did, this situation would still be rumbling on

Our stadium is only due to cost £250m. The other £200m is for the land and other buildings (college, supermarket and housing).

i.e net spend is zero on transfers. Levy lied when he said it wouldn't affect transfer spend. The Bale money helped cover his masterplan to get the stadium done without spending his money yet giving themselves (ENIC) a billion pound asset.

No difference to Glazers.

Fcuk all modern owners. Give clubs back to the fans.

i.e net spend is zero on transfers. Levy lied when he said it wouldn't affect transfer spend. The Bale money helped cover his masterplan to get the stadium done without spending his money yet giving themselves (ENIC) a billion pound asset.

I don't believe that the zero net spend on transfers is to fund the stadium. I think that is because it is a sustainable way of running a football club. The stadium will be paid for by the naming rights, loans and possibly an equity issue.

We're not having to generate money from transfers to pay for the stadium, like Arsenal had to.

The benefit of cyphering off money to TH Properties Ltd over the past 7-8 years is that we aren't going to get lumbered with 10 years of crippling loan repayments afterwards.

And why do you say back to fans? Have fans ever owned a club in this country? If you fancy it, why not start a Pledge site to try and raise the £1b?

We're not having to generate money from transfers to pay for the stadium, like Arsenal had to.

The benefit of cyphering off money to TH Properties Ltd over the past 7-8 years is that we aren't going to get lumbered with 10 years of crippling loan repayments afterwards.

And why do you say back to fans? Have fans ever owned a club in this country? If you fancy it, why not start a Pledge site to try and raise the £1b?

But most importantly you didn't respond to the point that the reason net spend is zero is because the money is being used elsewhere and therefore Levy lied.. or are you saying that it has not affected our transfer policy.

Have you got any evidence of the club transferring money to TH Properties? I am only aware of the club transferring land.

I must have missed something in the last 60's odd years as I can't remember when this club was ever run for or by the fans!!!

I must have missed something in the last 60's odd years as I can't remember when this club was ever run for or by the fans!!!

they should be owned by fans to stop the cycle of being sold and then paying the cost with the profits.

they should be owned by fans to stop the cycle of being sold and then paying the cost with the profits.

I whole heartedly agree. In Germany there has to be 51% owned by the fans and it certainly hasn't held German football back. There's so many things we can learn from Germany but we seem to say 'No that's not a good idea' and push all evidence away.

German *******s. They have a competitive league, fan ownership, standing areas, get stadiums built 10x faster, can drink beers in the stand, have the best national team in the world, better atmospheres at games, better economy, better food, a better leader, cheaper housing... Ah well least we can say they've never had One Direction, Nick Clegg or Ann Widdecombe.

Have you got any evidence of the club transferring money to TH Properties? I am only aware of the club transferring land.

It's in our last financial report that that's the vehicle we are using for the stadium build (presumably for tax purposes). You'd imagine there's got to be money in there to start paying out from it.

It's in our last financial report that that's the vehicle we are using for the stadium build (presumably for tax purposes). You'd imagine there's got to be money in there to start paying out from it.

There's your problem right there.

Yeah - page 20 of the 2013 one:

"During the year, properties owned by the Group were sold to TH Property Ltd, a company with which the Group is under common control. Cash consideration on disposal was determined at market value and totalled £27,589,000, resulting in a profit on disposal of £5,590,000"

Also mentioned here:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-shareholder-and-stadium-update-020414/

"As a result, Phase 1 of the NDP and a number of properties to the west of the High Road have been divested, at arm's length, to a Group company, TH Property Limited a subsidiary of ENIC International (‘’ENIC’’), the Company’s principal shareholder."

it should be the case. Agree or disagree?
They will make a big profit when they sell based on the rising value of the asset but I think that this is very different from using the profits of the club to finance the purchase.

Land's been sold to the property company at market value (as it's a related party and there's no way the auditors would have signed off otherwise).

The property company is either just a debtor to the club or would have taken cash from ENIC.

There's nothing underhand or strange about this, we just have a football club dealing with football matters and a property club dealing with property matters. The only benefit to ENIC is that they don't have to share any future propoerty value increases with the other shareholders (and neither should they).

Land's been sold to the property company at market value (as it's a related party and there's no way the auditors would have signed off otherwise).

The property company is either just a debtor to the club or would have taken cash from ENIC.

There's nothing underhand or strange about this, we just have a football club dealing with football matters and a property club dealing with property matters. The only benefit to ENIC is that they don't have to share any future propoerty value increases with the other shareholders (and neither should they).

I am sure that I read that the club transferred the property because they did not want the debts held against the club.

So purchasing land under the clubs name and other shareholders then profiteering from that isn't wrong or just a bit taking the **** out of the club, other shareholders and us the fans .

I say B0llocks

I am sure that I read that the club transferred the property because they did not want the debts held against the club.
I guess if you have a fluctuating cash flow (like a football club would) then you wouldn't want large long-term debts influencing the cost of short-term debt.

Just an added bonus that profits don't go to the other shareholders then!

Back