• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

I wouldnt mind the Olympic stadium but do they and wil they still have the running track? If so, Wembley would be better in my view. I think Wembley would be great.

MK would be horrible and like you say not really a year of giving up my ST but definitely would use StubHub although id imagine not many takers.

The Olympic stadium will always have the running track. That's what Levy fought for after being shafted by the OPLC during the bidding process. He also wanted to ensure that West Ham could never get their grubby hands on it as owners. Only ever as tenants.

However, in case you haven't been following the project, the taxpayer is currently funding the further development of the stadium (to the tune of £160m odd) to make it slightly less horrible as a football stadium for West Ham. There will be a new roof; new floodlights; new corporate areas (although still far too few for our needs); and, above all, retractable seating. It will mean that, other than along one of the sides (where they've come up with a better solution), there will be a big gap in the middle of the lower tier between the retractable seating and the permanent seating. Will be particularly bad at either end:

retractable-seats-390x224-1-1.png

I imagine we wouldnt use the top tier so would it make too much of a difference in terms of how 'full' it is? I am not a big fan of wembley but lesser of the two evils and all that.

Yep, from what I understand, we wouldn't be allowed to use the top tier even if we were able to come to an agreement with the FA. Reason being that there are only so many events a year that Wembley can use its full capacity under the terms of its planning consent from Brent council. But if only the bottom two tiers are used (combined capacity approx 50K), that would be okay. In fact, it would be far better because 90K would be far too big.

There isn't really an ideal solution but I'm hoping that there is still a remote chance that we could reach an agreement with Archway in time to get going on construction so that we don't have to move out for a season. I don't think that it's inevitable yet.

Well England may not use their full quota of >50,000 events if recent attendances continue.

The inability to use any of the top tiers at Wembley could be turned into a minor advantage, by covering the unavailable seats with massive temporary banners, with slogans such as "To dare is to do", "Come on you Spurs" "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" "When the Spurs go marching in", etc. That way the Stadium would not look empty, and when looking upwards, everywhere opponents look they would see Spurs exhortations.
With regard to moving out at all, this was not Plan A as I recall, but this was the use of two thirds of the stadium while the final third was completed, as you imply. In a few years time, an extra year on the timescale to eject Archway legally would probably look like time well spent while keeping to Plan A, and not leaving White Hart Lane at all.
By the way, whatever naming rights are given, the new stadium will always be White Hart Lane to me.

The inability to use any of the top tiers at Wembley could be turned into a minor advantage, by covering the unavailable seats with massive temporary banners, with slogans such as "To dare is to do", "Come on you Spurs" "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" "When the Spurs go marching in", etc. That way the Stadium would not look empty, and when looking upwards, everywhere opponents look they would see Spurs exhortations.
With regard to moving out at all, this was not Plan A as I recall, but this was the use of two thirds of the stadium while the final third was completed, as you imply. In a few years time, an extra year on the timescale to eject Archway legally would probably look like time well spent while keeping to Plan A, and not leaving White Hart Lane at all.
By the way, whatever naming rights are given, the new stadium will always be White Hart Lane to me.

Welcome to the board. LesMedley
Great first post. Hope these continue. COYS

I believe Plan A also had us moving into the stadium this season. :(
Welcome to the board..

**Kick in the tea towel holder**
**Slap face with a kipper**
**Push head down a toilet**

COYS

Last edited:

Would love to play AFC at Wembley and to get them back for all the cup ticket fiasco's by giving them 500 tickets and 89,500 for us...

I believe Plan A also had us moving into the stadium this season. :(
Welcome to the board..

**Kick in the tea towel holder**
**Slap face with a kipper**
**Push head down a toilet**

COYS
The original plan was for us to move into the partially complete stadium in 2012 with it being fully complete in the summer of 2013 iirc.

The original plan was for us to move into the partially complete stadium in 2012 with it being fully complete in the summer of 2013 iirc.

Is that what's called twisting the knife in deeper :lol:

Sugar on Talksport says we might be looking to take Upton Park for a while when the Spammers move out. Just one of the options, and he thought the Milton Keynes move was unlikely.

Sugar on Talksport says we might be looking to take Upton Park for a while when the Spammers move out. Just one of the options, and he thought the Milton Keynes move was unlikely.

Think that was rumored last season, not sure what the official line was but think I remember it being denied by west ham?

Haven't they sold the site? If so, what they want is irrelevant.

Not saying I think it is a good idea. I suspect the rumours about playing away from home are political, both to influence opposition to Archway and to get the PL to rethink their rules (such as allowing a mid-season move).

How long does Archway get to lodge appeal papers with the high court?

Sky have just flashed up at graphic showing the Allianz Arena "only" cost £266m to build. Holds 71k. We should just build that!

Sky have just flashed up at graphic showing the Allianz Arena "only" cost £266m to build. Holds 71k. We should just build that!

Our stadium is only due to cost £250m. The other £200m is for the land and other buildings (college, supermarket and housing).

On 21 October 2002 voters went to the polls to determine whether a new stadium should be built in this location and whether the city of Munich should provide the necessary infrastructure. About two thirds of the voters decided in favor of the proposition. An alternative to constructing the new arena had been a major reconstruction of the Olympic Stadium but this option had been refused by its architect Günther Behnisch.

The Swiss architect firm of Herzog & de Meuron then developed the concept of the stadium with a see-through exterior made of ETFE-foil panels, that can be lit from the inside and are self-cleaning. Construction started in the autumn of 2002 and was completed by the end of April 2005.

If only it was that easy :terry:

Helps when you have a world cup to stage.

Back