• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Think we were waiting/hoping for an NFL franchise to be agreed. That would undoubtedly be the best time to get a naming rights deal. Just not sure it’s realistic. We have basically the best football stadium in the world and we’re looking for a deal that reflects that now it’s proven in hosting all types of events.

Nfl franchise would be a long way off. But we have bid to host the 2026 superbowl i believe.

Nfl franchise would be a long way off. But we have bid to host the 2026 superbowl i believe.
How would we host an event on US time in the UK. It’s been covered before and knocked back as unviable
Add in the capacity isn’t enough… we’re more likely to get a franchise than the super bowl IMO

How would we host an event on US time in the UK. It’s been covered before and knocked back as unviable
Add in the capacity isn’t enough… we’re more likely to get a franchise than the super bowl IMO

How do the us manage to watch prem games? Or play nfl games at the stadium now?
This would be a one off superbowl to grow interest in europe which they massively want to do. Any obstacles can be overcome.

A super bowl over here starting at 10pm, would be between 2-5pm in the states?

How do the us manage to watch prem games? Or play nfl games at the stadium now?
This would be a one off superbowl to grow interest in europe which they massively want to do. Any obstacles can be overcome.
Not really
I mean you would have HUGE issue in the local area around Tottenham for a start

Not really
I mean you would have HUGE issue in the local area around Tottenham for a start

Be no more people than capacity which we get a lot.
It doesn't have to start at 22:00 either. It can start a lot earlier. We play nfl games at the stadium already. This might have to start an hour earlier or finish later. But it's doable.

Morning for LA though. As a one off, it might fly, bit like this bastard of a World Cup in the desert at Christmas!

19:00 start here would be 10:00 in las angeles. There might be a few grumbles but not insurmountable.
Africa, europe and parts of asia would be able to watch it. Probably double their viewing figures.

19:00 start here would be 10:00 in las angeles. There might be a few grumbles but not insurmountable.
Africa, europe and parts of asia would be able to watch it. Probably double their viewing figures.

Is egg ball big enough in Africa and Asia though?

Is egg ball big enough in Africa and Asia though?

No, which is the point. They want to grow the sport. If it's on at a reasonable time more will watch it than if it's on late at night when people have work the next morning.

No, which is the point. They want to grow the sport. If it's on at a reasonable time more will watch it than if it's on late at night when people have work the next morning.

Probably wouldn't be wise to annoy the core fans on a punt, mind the pun. Perhaps stick to getting a franchise first and then see where the demand is

Probably wouldn't be wise to annoy the core fans on a punt, mind the pun.

Unfortunately that's what a lot of modern sport is. Your most loyal fans will be there anyway, why not try something different to appeal to the people who don't really care? I hate it.

A super bowl over here starting at 10pm, would be between 2-5pm in the states?
My gut reaction is "not a chance". AFAIK, the Superbowl is a Sunday evening thing and always has been*. Street parties in the build up, barbecues out the back of pickup trucks, depending on which teams have made it, of course. Prime time US TV, with advertising slots going for ridiculous amounts.

As others have said, any feasible KO time would mean a late finish in Tottenham -- residential area, transport issues, etc.

Making a bid is a decent way to make a splash, get some publicity in the US, maybe put us in the minds of the people who might be wanting to make a non-US franchise. But I just can't see it even actually happening.

* After 6pm EST every year since 1991, it seems, and also many of the other years since 1978.

My gut reaction is "not a chance". AFAIK, the Superbowl is a Sunday evening thing and always has been*. Street parties in the build up, barbecues out the back of pickup trucks, depending on which teams have made it, of course. Prime time US TV, with advertising slots going for ridiculous amounts.

As others have said, any feasible KO time would mean a late finish in Tottenham -- residential area, transport issues, etc.

Making a bid is a decent way to make a splash, get some publicity in the US, maybe put us in the minds of the people who might be wanting to make a non-US franchise. But I just can't see it even actually happening.

* After 6pm EST every year since 1991, it seems, and also many of the other years since 1978.

Which has been losing viewing figures year on year for the last 11 years. They'll feel they need to do something.

money talks - the money generated by TV and sponsorship dwarfs the money made by the event going spectators and their pre/post match routines and if the NFLs main priority is to spread the game outside of the US then chasing the foreign $$$ will be front and centre of thier thinking

Think we were waiting/hoping for an NFL franchise to be agreed. That would undoubtedly be the best time to get a naming rights deal. Just not sure it’s realistic. We have basically the best football stadium in the world and we’re looking for a deal that reflects that now it’s proven in hosting all types of events.
I think to wait for a NFL franchise is a bit optimistic...I think the timeframe of that happening is too long (especially weighing it up with the amount of naming rights revenue you'd of passed on by then)

More realistically, I think the prediction was that the initial NFL 2 game contract would be extended out to 4, along with us being the sole UK venue for NFL. That's only 4 games short of a home schedule for a team for a season.

The plan was sensible, as a joint PL/NFL naming rights deal is pretty much holy grail stuff.

Then Covid got in the way.

money talks - the money generated by TV and sponsorship dwarfs the money made by the event going spectators and their pre/post match routines and if the NFLs main priority is to spread the game outside of the US then chasing the foreign $$$ will be front and centre of thier thinking
Another way of looking at it is to flip it and consider would we play the FA cup final in the states or Asia with a different/awkward time zone.
Obviously in the past, not a chance, but now, who knows, the shine isn't there anymore?(for many)

Back