• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

Thought he claimed to be a yiddo and that it was all very emotional for him:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...cking-new-100m-tottenham-stadium-9243332.html

Interesting, the one I read back when this started said along the lines of "I have to think of my business first, and whats important for it in the future. I am not a Tottenham fan, I am an arsenal fan, so I don't have the emotional ties to make this decision, and can base it purely on a business decision" - paraphrasing anyways. I would prefer he was a gooner fan tbh, although I am sure it is tough either way in terms of his business, I am sure it would be a tough pill to swallow as a spurs fan.

Perhaps this is just a case of principles. Archway believe themselves to be in the right and won't accept anything lower than what they have in mind. THFC believe they are right and won't offer more than they should. No doubt the club could throw a bit more money at the problem and solve it, but likely won't.

Personally I would like to know exactly what the club have offered and whether or not it is a fair offer. From what I have read on various sites, Archway have got massive legal bills from fighting this and now expect those to be covered in the package offered by THFC. I hate the fact that there is no clarity here. If Spurs are trying to screw them over with a ridiculously low offer then I'm with Archway. If however Archway have decided to play the long game in the hope that they get an above average settlement by being the last to move out, then I support the club.

Perhaps this is just a case of principles. Archway believe themselves to be in the right and won't accept anything lower than what they have in mind. THFC believe they are right and won't offer more than they should. No doubt the club could throw a bit more money at the problem and solve it, but likely won't.

Personally I would like to know exactly what the club have offered and whether or not it is a fair offer. From what I have read on various sites, Archway have got massive legal bills from fighting this and now expect those to be covered in the package offered by THFC. I hate the fact that there is no clarity here. If Spurs are trying to screw them over with a ridiculously low offer then I'm with Archway. If however Archway have decided to play the long game in the hope that they get an above average settlement by being the last to move out, then I support the club.

i have no evidence but it looks like they have backed themselves into a corner. Held out thinking they would get a better deal, Club called bluff, now the legal bills are so high that the option option they have is to fight.

Accept the price now and the lawyers take the vast majority so they may as well fight.

Dear Archway,

We both know this will end with you having to accept a realistic figure.
It will be in the single millions.
You are causing us a loss of revenue
I will know exactly how much million you can spare.
When this is over I will come for you.

Think about it.
Daniel.

PS What's the best you can do on girders? I'm going to need about 20k tonnes and I heard that you guys had a clearance on

castle.jpg

They obviously aren't doing this because they think they can win. It's just about ****ing off Spurs as much as possible. Wonder who's paying for it?

obviously Abramovich is backing Archway

Can the council cut of access to the site by doing works on the entrance either end of Paxton so no vehicles can go up or down it.

No.

Access rights come with the property.

If there was no such guarantee, properties would be virtually worthless.

Think string ....

And then they'll make it the Scottish Embassy.

Am I right in thinking that the CPO relates not just to Archway but also to other properties and land owned by the Josifs?

Is this the final card Archway (& friends) can play in this process?

Someone on SC posted this case as an example:

www.thanet.gov.uk/the-thanet-magazine/press-releases/2013/october/court-of-appeal-ruling-dreamland/

TDC serve a CPO on the Dreamland site owners - 3 June 2011

Landowners challenge the CPO and it goes to public inquiry - January 2012

TDC receive approval from the Secretary of State for the CPO - August 2012

Landowners challenge the decision by the Secretary of State

Two-day hearing takes place at the High Court - 20 and 21 March 2013

High Court dismisses the challenge against the Secretary of State

Landowners appeal the High Court decision in late May 2013

Cabinet agree to authorise a General Vesting Declaration – 1 August 2013

Site transfers to TDC – 3 September 2013

Court of Appeal hearing - 25 September 2013

Appeal dismissed Tuesday 8 October 2013.

Seriously though, Archway are doing whatever they need to to protect their own interests. It is damaging to the club but maybe they club should fork out the extra money and get it over with as I am sure the time it has cost us has set us back financially much more than whatever Archway wanted in the first place.

Once again it may be a case of Levy being stubborn and not wanting to give in to the demands.

Doesn't look that way to me.

If Archway were truly concerned for the future of their business, they would have struck a deal with Spurs by now. They would have been relocated, a mile or so away, to a bigger and better connected site - which would have allowed the company to expand, should it ever need to. And there would also have been financial consideration for any costs associated with the move. There might even have been a further financial consideration over and above all that.

As it is, though, Archway will now incur serious legal costs. The services of a QC in High Court will come at a lofty price. And if they lose this appeal - and the odds are that they will - they could also find themselves having to pay Haringey's legal costs. And those are likely to be even more expensive. In addition, there will be no further incentive for Spurs to offer Archway anything more than the minimum that they are obliged to offer.

So really, this bears all the hallmarks of Archway just pressing the gamble button in the hope that they'll land the jackpot.

Mr Josif is also a fan of aphorisms and interesting facts. As in:

"People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you."

https://twitter.com/JJarchwaysm

He is also a follower, via Twitter, of Great Ass daily. [There's a lot to be said for this NSFW Twitter stream.]
(I'm assuming this is his genuine Twitter stream)

The reason none of the other 70 businesses as such kicked up a stink was because Spurs basically just struck one deal with the landlord of the vast majority of them (not 70 different agreements) and he gave them their notice. There are a lot of unhappy businesses around.

Funny......we haven't heard from any of them. You'd have thought that they wouldn't have missed the opportunity to go to the local press to complain about big, bad THFC.

Besides which, if you're a tenant, by definition you have no guarantee that you can remain in your premises indefinitely. It is accepted that you might, one day, have to relocate. So even if there are "a lot of unhappy businesses around", they can have no reasonable grounds for complaint.

But the thing is, its not just Spurs and its fans affected, they're also preventing the creation of several hundreds of jobs and the start of the much needed regeneration project.

Surely Spurs are offering them a value far higher than the site is worth, plus relocation to new premises in the area?

It seems that the delay caused by Archway's stance is also responsible for the decision by THFC to move out of the borough for one season. Which means that many other local businesses will suffer. Some might even fold as a consequence.

Given that Spurs were able to buy every other property without any fuss, the chances are that they offered a fair deal to Archway too.

Back