• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

It seems that the delay caused by Archway's stance is also responsible for the decision by THFC to move out of the borough for one season. Which means that many other local businesses will suffer. Some might even fold as a consequence.
Never thought of that. Archway really are going to be an unpopular bunch.

Didn't archway say they wanted to exspan, and take on more staff, moving to a bigger better place with money in the bank should have been the way to do it. They are not a high street business so any industrial park with better connection would be better for them.

Someone on SC posted this case as an example:

www.thanet.gov.uk/the-thanet-magazine/press-releases/2013/october/court-of-appeal-ruling-dreamland/

TDC serve a CPO on the Dreamland site owners - 3 June 2011

Landowners challenge the CPO and it goes to public inquiry - January 2012

TDC receive approval from the Secretary of State for the CPO - August 2012

Landowners challenge the decision by the Secretary of State

Two-day hearing takes place at the High Court - 20 and 21 March 2013

High Court dismisses the challenge against the Secretary of State

Landowners appeal the High Court decision in late May 2013

Cabinet agree to authorise a General Vesting Declaration – 1 August 2013

Site transfers to TDC – 3 September 2013

Court of Appeal hearing - 25 September 2013

Appeal dismissed Tuesday 8 October 2013.

Yikes! Not good.

14 months between the Secretary of State approving the CPO and the final appeal being dismissed. A similar timeline for Archway / Haringey would mean not gaining vacant possession of the site until October 2015.

This is all very depressing. I just hope that if/when Archway lose in court, that's the end of it. But who can tell in this wonderful world? Meanwhile we can't afford Danny Wellbeck, and who knows what next year? And to top it all, I've got Etherington as 'my player', the man who thought West Ham were a bigger club than us.

Mind you, they have a large stadium to move into, while what, we're playing at MK Dons, maybe Matty was onto something :)

For me, West Ham getting the OS instead of us was a massive coup for them, and as our trophyless years trundle on, the more that decision hurts.

Last edited:

Didn't archway say they wanted to exspan, and take on more staff, moving to a bigger better place with money in the bank should have been the way to do it. They are not a high street business so any industrial park with better connection would be better for them.

This was my thinking. They could have argued that they needed new equipment to make the move without stopping production. While new stuff was being installed in a new larger premises they could continue production in the old site, then when ready move to the new site and start production there. Then they move the old stuff to increase production capacity. It would have been like our stadium plans, with no loss of capacity.

Obviously I don't know costs involved, but the type of product doesn't look like it requires very expensive machinery. Unless very expensive I can't see why the club wouldn't have played along to get the move quickly.

As many people have alluded to, here and elsewhere, unfortunately we don't know what has gone on between the club and Archway. I guess that what ENIC fear, indeed what may have happened is that is if they offer 'over the odds', then guess what Archway want more, but it's all guesswork for us mug punters. We're just the ones who keep the club going, but we're out of the loop when it comes to the club's future. Doubtless there are good reasons for this, etc, etc.

I wonder what ageing multibillionaire Joe Lewis thinks of Archway Steel right now

I imagine he has several ways to get a result in situations like this

Think of a pea in front of a steamroller

Funny......we haven't heard from any of them. You'd have thought that they wouldn't have missed the opportunity to go to the local press to complain about big, bad THFC.

Besides which, if you're a tenant, by definition you have no guarantee that you can remain in your premises indefinitely. It is accepted that you might, one day, have to relocate. So even if there are "a lot of unhappy businesses around", they can have no reasonable grounds for complaint.
I was about to write the very same thing, although I would have included the word "meh".

I wonder what ageing multibillionaire Joe Lewis thinks of Archway Steel right now

The suggestion of putting a rival business next door and undercutting them sounds like a good one to me.

The suggestion of putting a rival business next door and undercutting them sounds like a good one to me.

I wonder if they've lost any business from Spurs fans yet? I know I'd have taken my business elsewhere long ago.

This has got Abramovich's grubby hands all over it.

Archway would be ruining themselves if they weren't being backed to go through this futile exercises.

Is this not the reason why the original cpo took so long in the first place? As in making sure it was watertight incase there was an appeal.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Yeah. Archway can't appeal the decision. They can only appeal the process - basically finding evidence that Pickles screwed up somewhere.

I wonder if it will be leaked out in the next few days that we are exploring alternative greenfield sites in the Lee Valley again, just to ramp up the political pressure for a quick hearing.

I am presuming these jokers are getting paid to move correct? Some kind of compensation and move assistance etc.

How long would this appeal take? Surely we could sue them for our loss of revenue for that one year?

Talksport about to start a debate about the stadium right now

I wonder if they've lost any business from Spurs fans yet? I know I'd have taken my business elsewhere long ago.

Unless we buy Steel i doubt there would be much of an impact but.....

There is a burger van in there on matchdays....the noisy chap who calls everyone 'Colonel' but also does exactly the same at Scumirates home games. He presumably pays a premium to Arhcway to use their property. Now if all Spurs fans boycotted him and any other businesses on Archway property who in turn will no longer pay Archway anything might be a start and a very small moral victory?!

I switched off when the first caller said As a Tottenham fan I'd like to share with Chelsea!
It was more about where they will play than discussing the reason why

Same as the poll on SSN. All about where fans wanted to see us have our home games

Back