• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Ince

18 goals, 14 assists in 44 championship games last season is not bad for a wide player with no end product

Chris Eagles got 12 goals and 12 assists in 43 championship games last season, perhaps we should bid for him, he has Prem experience and might be cheaper.

In fact I believe Eagles was a Spurs season ticket holder. Beats that Gooner supporting **** any day of the week.

Last edited:
Chris Eagles got 12 goals and 12 assists in 43 championship games last season, perhaps we should bid for him, he has Prem experience and might be cheaper.

yeah but Eagles is 28 and Ince is 21, Ince has his best years to come.

Look id like us to sign Ince, I think he has the talent and attitude to go far in the game. If he doesnt end up at Spurs then I still expect he will make a big impact wherever he ends up.

yeah but Eagles is 28 and Ince is 21, Ince has his best years to come.

Look id like us to sign Ince, I think he has the talent and attitude to go far in the game. If he doesnt end up at Spurs then I still expect he will make a big impact wherever he ends up.

Agreed, age makes a big difference and those kinds of numbers from someone as young as Ince is quite impressive.

Agreed, age makes a big difference and those kinds of numbers from someone as young as Ince is quite impressive.

yes, and lets make a fairer comparison in terms of age and potential with someone like Zaha, who Man Utd paid 15 mill for, and who got 8 goals and 9 assists last season, and yet Zaha received all the hype and Ince's achievements tend to be overlooked.

I like Zaha a lot too, and hopefully both will be part of England's future.

yes, and lets make a fairer comparison in terms of age and potential with someone like Zaha, who Man Utd paid 15 mill for, and who got 8 goals and 9 assists last season, and yet Zaha received all the hype and Ince's achievements tend to be overlooked.

I like Zaha a lot too, and hopefully both will be part of England's future.

What kind of player would you say Ince is?

I see people comparing him to Townsend (primarily when saying we don't need him), but I've also seen people saying that he's quiet different from Townsend - more of a playmaker type with more skills and not as direct as Townsend.

I see people comparing him to Townsend (primarily when saying we don't need him), but I've also seen people saying that he's quiet different from Townsend - more of a playmaker type with more skills and not as direct as Townsend.

more along those lines i guess, although Ince can be direct too. Id say Townsend has more speed and power, whereas Ince has better close ball control. Playmaker not exactly, but certainly plays with his head up and knows when to give the right pass

I dont see why Ince and Townsend couldnt eventually play in the same team. Its more than likely Bale will eventually leave, and until then if the likes of Townsend, and Ince if he signs, can make the step up then we could have two young English talents causing havoc for defences in a year or so

Id hope that Spurs are still on the look out for young British talent from the lower leagues as its served us well in the past. Just look at the core of the current team with the likes of Walker, Dawson, Lennon, Bale, and even Thudd at times, who were all bought from Championship sides. There are talents to be found, and imo Ince could be another to add to what we have.

From the bits and pieces I have seen of Ince I don't think he will end up being a wide player at all (or certainly not a traditional winger anyway).... I see him as being more akin to The South London Nomad's Oxlaide-Chamberlain and I think he will gradually progress to playing in a more central role.

I would happily take Ince for anything up to around £8 million. The potential upside is very large if the potential is realised and the downside is reasonably low as even if failing at Spurs it would still be likely that the club would recoup £5 million or so in a couple of years time.

Townsend is a winger where as Ince currently is a wide player who can and does play centrally.

Ince would suit 4-3-3 comfortably and has a great finish on him

Townsend is about pace and turns and does appear to have a decent shot too

If I was to compare the two styles it would be Ince is more like Bale and Townsend more like waddle (with pace) although neither is anywhere as good

Im sure Townsend would get the same sort of stats if he had a regular run all season in that league.

Im sure Townsend would get the same sort of stats if he had a regular run all season in that league.

maybe he would

there is nothing wrong in having both Townsend and Ince......why the need to have one or the other.

Going to Cardiff?
Think that's the right move for him.
Premier League, more game time than he'd get at bigger clubs, key role rather than squad player.
Good for him, good for England. While we have more than enough talents we need to find game time for ourselves - Townsend, Ceballos, Falque, McEvoy, Pritchard

Taarabt got 19 goals 23 assists at age 21.

And most people agree that Taarabt is a very talented footballer that could potentially be a great player if his attitude and mentality was right.

Well, he has been on loan to the Championship and failed to deliver those kinds of results.

Perhaps that only goes to show that you can't judge a player just based on stats as we're all excited to see what Townsend can do for us next season, but I think it illustrates the point that as far as the stats are concerned Tom Ince has shown himself to be a promising footballer.

Going to Cardiff?
Think that's the right move for him.
Premier League, more game time than he'd get at bigger clubs, key role rather than squad player.
Good for him, good for England. While we have more than enough talents we need to find game time for ourselves - Townsend, Ceballos, Falque, McEvoy, Pritchard

Falque is brick and nowhere near good enough, McEvoy I don't think is ready yet

So he's rejected Cardiff citing family reasons. Ian Abraham's aka The Moose has tweeted saying he expects us to be involved. Thoughts?

Ian Abrahams (@BroadcastMoose) tweeted at 3:11 PM on Fri, Jul 12, 2013:
He's been linked with Spurs @jenksEFC17 and I think there could be a lot of changes at WHL

So he's rejected Cardiff citing family reasons. Ian Abraham's aka The Moose has tweeted saying he expects us to be involved. Thoughts?

imo he is on a back up list if we dont get our first choice

Back