• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Ince

I wonder if we will hear any more about Ince this month. IIRC he is now in the last six months of his contract at Blackpool. I can imagine Levy being interested in signing him on the cheap with a view to selling him on for a profit in a years time if it doesn't work out.

Would be pointless really, got enough to worry about without another body joining in training.

That would be typical of our club.

no usually we sell our better players for a massive fee and spend much less on replacements....... this time however noone is going to give us anywhere near what we paid for Lamela

I would be happy with selling Livermore for 4-5m or so and then getting in Ince early. We need some young English players in our squad.

I would be happy with selling Livermore for 4-5m or so and then getting in Ince early. We need some young English players in our squad.

But it's better to promote from our academy, than pay massively inflated fees for very average players. Ince is no where near as good as Townsend.

But it's better to promote from our academy, than pay massively inflated fees for very average players. Ince is no where near as good as Townsend.

you have no idea until the lad is given a chance to play alongside good players....

Ince wouldn't be at an inflated price, he'd be a bargain due to his contract situation.
Pretty much the same as when we targeted a batch of british youngsters back around 2005,
players with either weak contracts or from clubs in trouble.
Hence why we signed guys like Lennon, Huddlestone, Rose etc. rather cheap.
The question is whether we have space for Ince at the moment though, and I'm unsure.
If we intend to play with a trio up front and one of them cutting in from the right, then Ince could at least provice cover for Lamela.
But then again, I doubt we'd have use for Lennon. All up to the manager, but if someone comes others leave, we're rather maxed out.

Evidently his mum struggled to adapt to life in Italy and was homesick.

I think that it would do our footballers good to go overseas. The PL might be a superior product but playing in a league with more onus on technique will improve a player.

Back