• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Baffling. Take it your boyfriend has to dress you in the morning too ?

and a gay joke to top it off, wonderful! =D>

With four games in ten days coming up soon I am hopeful we'll see a bit more of Carroll, with West Ham we saw he can be very useful when in a tough situation, the pressure didn't seem to get to him.

Last player thread bump from me tonight :)

Thought he looked good again against Basel. Ended up having to run in between a lot after the sending off, but showed a lot of nice touches and passes before that. A couple of really good creative passes in the final third too, one dinked over the top to Sig and one cross field ball over the top to Ade if I remember correctly.

Surely the biggest game of his career so far, and he got to play around 45 minutes in total. Completely different game after the sending off, also completely different from the game situations he's normally thrown into when he gets minutes for the first team. Somewhat interesting to see. You can easily see that he's not the finished product, but I thought he did alright considering he was in a central duo with Holtby who isn't quite Sandro with a man down away from home against a good side.

i love this little kid, did not see the game tonight so cant comment on the match but i do like tommy he has something, i like someone who can pass the ball and likes to play the game properly i also do not think it matters that he is slight, he can find a way round that. Probably needs a loan at a prem club before avb will consider playing him properly.

Impressed by his defending and workrate today as much as his passing. Chased back on several occasions and dispossessed. Didn't look out of his depth at all against a good team.

At the moment I'd prefer him to an out of form Dembele - Carroll plays it simple, keeps the ball moving, and has a bit of a creative spark about him as well. He reminds me a bit about Modric, obviously not at the same level, but he has qualities that we've missed since Modric left last summer.

Shame Sandro is injured, because I think him and Carroll would be good together in midfield. I'd still consider giving Carroll a start vs City though.

I would really like him to go to a team like Swansea or SCBC next season on loan. They both play decent enough football, like to pass it around and it would be good for him to get plenty of minutes on the pitch.

Good young player who is the closest thing to Modric we have in the squad currently, hopefully in years to come he will develop into as good a player for us.

Probably would benefit from a loan move so that he can play regular first team football like Walker, Caulker and Townsend have done.

Re: Carroll

Off to palace on a season loan according to chief football writer at the daily mail.

Probably a good idea if true.

Would give him PL football. Would be difficult to give enough game time to both him and Holtby considering our signings so far and reported signings to come.

If that is true, isolated its a good move. But then we cant sell more than one of our other home grown players. With Bale out, we were down to 10.
If Carroll goes, we are left with: Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Fryers, Rose, Lennon, Townsend, Gylfi and Defoe.

If that is true, isolated its a good move. But then we cant sell more than one of our other home grown players. With Bale out, we were down to 10.
If Carroll goes, we are left with: Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Fryers, Rose, Lennon, Townsend, Gylfi and Defoe.

He's 21 so it doesn't matter at this point if I understand the rules correctly.

AFAIK we can register him and have him count towards the home grown quota, but it does nothing for us as we could also just leave a spot open in the squad as he would still be eligible.

It would leave us with one less player available since he wouldn't have to be registered for the PL or EL, but for the quotas it shouldn't matter.

And that mean that we could have just 24 players in the 25 man squad?
If so, that's not good at all.

And that mean that we could have just 24 players in the 25 man squad?
If so, that's not good at all.

Not at this point as the minimum is 8 home grown players. Zeki Fryers is 20 and won't have to be registered, meaning that we could sell one more of the players you listed and still have 8 home grown players over the age of 21 as of January first this year meaning that we could register a full 25 man squad. Although I'm not 100% sure about Europe as there's also a need for 4 of those 8 to have been home grown within the club. Not sure who qualifies tbh.

Also in Europe U21 players must have been with the club for at least 2 years to qualify for the B-list (unlimited registration). Meaning that Lamela and Eriksen won't have to be a part of the 25 man squad for us in the league, but for the EL they have to be a part of that 25 man squad. This difference in rules was the reason for VdV being left out of our EL squad back in 2011.

I imagine the club is well on top of this and no important players will be left out due to these regulations and that we will have enough players to get us through the season :)

Agree that a loan to Palace where he should get regular first team football would be good for Carroll. Hopefully he does as well as Townsend, Rose and Walker have done on loan in recent years and thus ready to get involved with our first team next season.

Agree that a loan to Palace where he should get regular first team football would be good for Carroll. Hopefully he does as well as Townsend, Rose and Walker have done on loan in recent years and thus ready to get involved with our first team next season.

CP a great move if confirmed.

Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to run the academy? Ball park figure would suffice.

Back