• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Friedel, Caulker, Naughton, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Defoe, Carroll

?

Friedel(GK cover), Kaboul (CB/RB cover), Naughton (LB/RB cover), Huddlestone (DM cover), Sigurdsson (AM/winger cover), Dempsey (AM/winger cover), Defoe (striker cover)

The place Carroll would most fit into there is Huddlestone's, but unfortunately, at this moment in time he has neither the experience, brute strength or physique to be able to effectively cover both (or either of) Parker and Dembele for a sustained period of time.

Carroll plays his passes the way he is facing, it is horribly frustrating. It will be short and safe and so fudging boring to watch. He is never a DM and will never be an AM. He is in the Jenas mould, does simple things but nothing special. I would be worried as fudge if we started a game with Carroll in there. Shuv him out on loan, he needs to play and not only that but improve a hell of a lot.

Totally baffled by this. Can only think I've watched different games to you when Carroll's played because I've witnessed a few absolute defence-splitting gems from him.

I didn't see the white text at first and tried scratching that full stop off my screen thinking it was a bit of brick

Hah, I hate when I get pieces of dried brick on my monitor.

.......................................................................................................................................

Totally baffled by this. Can only think I've watched different games to you when Carroll's played because I've witnessed a few absolute defence-splitting gems from him.

I've seen some lovely threaded passes from him, but I think that he is still playing inhibited at the moment due to his very tentative status in the first team. As a central midfielder rather than a flashy winger or AM, he pretty much has to play it safe or a mistake could cost us a goal and cost him his place. I hope AVB reassures him of our confidence in him so he can express himself more freely, but it doesn't help when our most important "safety mechanism" - Sandro - is out. We also tend to use Carroll in patchwork teams in games nobody seems to care about - the kid can't exactly wow us with his passing when none of his teammates are moving!

If he does get games now though, it'll be a real baptism of fire. We only have important games now and Carroll won't have the comfort of a super DM beside him, so he'll certainly have to prove himself defensively - while also providing a creative brain from midfield. Tough, but who knows? That's how superstars are made ;)

I've seen some lovely threaded passes from him, but I think that he is still playing inhibited at the moment due to his very tentative status in the first team. As a central midfielder rather than a flashy winger or AM, he pretty much has to play it safe or a mistake could cost us a goal and cost him his place. I hope AVB reassures him of our confidence in him so he can express himself more freely, but it doesn't help when our most important "safety mechanism" - Sandro - is out. We also tend to use Carroll in patchwork teams in games nobody seems to care about - the kid can't exactly wow us with his passing when none of his teammates are moving!

If he does get games now though, it'll be a real baptism of fire. We only have important games now and Carroll won't have the comfort of a super DM beside him, so he'll certainly have to prove himself defensively - while also providing a creative brain from midfield. Tough, but who knows? That's how superstars are made ;)

Monday was massive in terms of pressure. We ended the match with Livermore and Carroll in the middle. We won it late. Great boost for the two fellas...

I'd love for him to have a massive impact against the arse, mainly so the media stop harping on about the most overrated prick in world football at the moment; jack fudging Wheelchair.

Will be bookmarking this, cant wait to ram it down peoples throats. I do have a habit of doing that, its a fairly common event.

This post makes so little sense in so many ways it's genuinely impressive haha. Well done sir...you've excelled yourself.

The fact he says he can't wait to up this thread if Tom Carroll(A Spurs player) fails to make the grade says it all. It's not like anyone in here has been saying he's the next Xavi or anything either, just that he's a promising young player and we hope he does well.

Carroll is one of the few youngsters I'm really excited about, I have the highest hopes for him. I hope he gets plenty more chances to play this season.
Late time he played against Arsenal (for Leyton Orient in FA cup) he created their equaliser to take the game to a replay.

I'd love for him to have a massive impact against the arse, mainly so the media stop harping on about the most overrated prick in world football at the moment; jack fudging Wheelchair.

As I've said many times, Jack Wheelchair is very similar to Lee Hendrie, and look what happened to him. Think Wheelchair is massively over-rated and only so because he's english and we have a lack of decent youngsters in the country. Guardiola's comment about Wheelchair a year or so I thought was brilliant - asked where he rated Wheelchair or was worried about him, Guardiola said he has about a dozen WIlsheres in their B team!!

As I've said many times, Jack Wheelchair is very similar to Lee Hendrie, and look what happened to him. Think Wheelchair is massively over-rated and only so because he's english and we have a lack of decent youngsters in the country. Guardiola's comment about Wheelchair a year or so I thought was brilliant - asked where he rated Wheelchair or was worried about him, Guardiola said he has about a dozen WIlsheres in their B team!!

Did you have to say that on the eve of the NLD?

Back