• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

I'm sure he'd get a prem loan, palace, Swansea, Southampton, somewhere like that I'm sure he'd get a regular game in a footballing side.

He played great last night. It was a very mature performance from him IMO. There were a few intercepted passes but overall he was very progressive in everything he did.

What was almost equally impressive I thought was his off the ball movement. He is one of the few players on our team that actually passes and moves. He was always moving into pockets of space and demanding a pass off his team mates. Dare I say very reminiscent of a young Xavi.

He played great last night. It was a very mature performance from him IMO. There were a few intercepted passes but overall he was very progressive in everything he did.

What was almost equally impressive I thought was his off the ball movement. He is one of the few players on our team that actually passes and moves. He was always moving into pockets of space and demanding a pass off his team mates. Dare I say very reminiscent of a young Xavi.

Great observation, someone noted the same about Holtby. No hesitation off the ball, as soon as Tom passed it on he was already dragging defenders with him. Great workrate, really struggling to find any faults with his game last night. I'm sure against better opposition I will be able to. If he can get an upper-table PL loan, I think that would suit him well.

Great observation, someone noted the same about Holtby. No hesitation off the ball, as soon as Tom passed it on he was already dragging defenders with him. Great workrate, really struggling to find any faults with his game last night. I'm sure against better opposition I will be able to. If he can get an upper-table PL loan, I think that would suit him well.

I agree wholeheartedly about the workrate. A bit too often workrate seems to be linked with defensive work. In the CL final against United a couple of years back (I think it was) Xavi topped the distance covered stats. Mainly (imo) by making those constant movements when Barca were in position. However, that often gets overlooked, whereas a couple of long-ish defensive runs get a lot of plaudits.

I think the second part of what you say is interesting too, upper-table PL loan. I'm not entire sure it has to be upper-table, but it must be a team willing to play football and some of the back against the wall teams lower down the table might end up struggling to play the kind of football that Carroll thrives in. Playing for a team that averages 40% possession and plays a direct and counter attacking style of football won't do him any good at all.

I agree wholeheartedly about the workrate. A bit too often workrate seems to be linked with defensive work. In the CL final against United a couple of years back (I think it was) Xavi topped the distance covered stats. Mainly (imo) by making those constant movements when Barca were in position. However, that often gets overlooked, whereas a couple of long-ish defensive runs get a lot of plaudits.

I think the second part of what you say is interesting too, upper-table PL loan. I'm not entire sure it has to be upper-table, but it must be a team willing to play football and some of the back against the wall teams lower down the table might end up struggling to play the kind of football that Carroll thrives in. Playing for a team that averages 40% possession and plays a direct and counter attacking style of football won't do him any good at all.

Good points. Long ball Leicester was wrong for Kane. Sending Carroll to the wrong club and sitting on the bench is not a good idea. QPR might be a good fit for him.

Daily Fail saying that he might go to Ajax on loan for a year. That would be an outstanding move for us. He's already a quality player and the idea that he could go there for a year to really hone his skills is perfect

Daily Fail saying that he might go to Ajax on loan for a year. That would be an outstanding move for us. He's already a quality player and the idea that he could go there for a year to really hone his skills is perfect

That would be brilliant I think!

To start with i think well he needs to play in the league above, but how many teams in the prem would give him a chance. So yeah at xmas loan him to qpr and if they come straight back up maybe he would get a prem loan with them then. I love the little fella and think he offers as much as dembele.

When dembele was at fulham i wanted us to sign him but i have not taken to him yet, carroll is the player we need in our midfield because he offers something we can not get from any other player in our squad.

No point loaning him to the championship and next season I would hope he is ready for a more regular role.

Needs a loan somewhere. Ajax would be excellent but first team football is a priority, I'd rather him go to Palace or another Premiership minnow and get a full season in.

Needs a loan somewhere. Ajax would be excellent but first team football is a priority, I'd rather him go to Palace or another Premiership minnow and get a full season in.

Will be concerns about getting first team football wherever he goes.

A team like Palace or some other PL minnow might quickly turn to someone more physical and Carroll's style of play might not suit them so he wouldn't be able to put in good performances either.

I think he would do very well for Ajax, it would be a style of football that suits him and that might make it more likely that he gets games.

think it would be the perfect move and that he'd surprise a lot of people by how much game time he'd get in a more technical based league

Durham was merciless about Holloway today and I kinda agreed with him.

Back