• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

The movement of our front players was so much better today. That is why Carroll and Hudd had good games. It is the movement that makes the pass.

No-one, not even Hoddle, could have found the statues that played against Wigan

This.

Our upfront play has been lacking with only Defoe upfront. With Ade back we'll play with a new dimension and be another team.

Anyone else think he might start next weekend if Dembele is still out?

Thought he looked good and not at all overwhelmed when he came on today. Gives us what we have been missing without Dembele (and Modric) and looks like he might be ready for the Premiership based on what he did today.

Thought he looked good and not at all overwhelmed when he came on today. Gives us what we have been missing without Dembele (and Modric) and looks like he might be ready for the Premiership based on what he did today.

I hope he starts. He might be 18 or whatever but I don't care... he's good enough. Showed bravery and ability when he came on, when he got on the ball we actually constructed a few moves. And he can get around the pitch too, which is Tommy's problem.

He's got a nice touch, vision, good going forward. Not noticed his defensive skills, but i think he will get given more playing time. Is he another midfield maestro ? He'll have to start to show if he's EPL level very soon, i think.

I agree with you that he deserves the chance soon, but the physical presence of West Ham might be too much for him. Really hope Dembele will be ready soon.

^ probably won't see much of West Hams midfield as they tend to bypass that part of the pitch :)

at the start of the season i said i think he needs a Naughton/Walker/Caulker type loan - to a upper bottom half team

but the way this season is shaping up, being Dembele's understudy in a top 8 side will be just as good
start him in all cup games and when Dembele isn't available with Hudd as an option if Carroll fades during a game
(my only concern is he needs some more time "being roughed up" - but he seems mentally strong (or maybe just fearless) so maybe he can just develop that in our team)

He's got a nice touch, vision, good going forward. Not noticed his defensive skills, but i think he will get given more playing time. Is he another midfield maestro ? He'll have to start to show if he's EPL level very soon, i think.

better to be roughed up near the ball than getting a nice view of the oppositions shirt numbers like Hudd

In a couple years our centre-mids of Dembele, Sandro, Sig and Carroll will be great. Sig and Carroll need to start more this season and soon we should be making more chances

Didn't look out of place when he came on today. I think he's got a bright future with us. He reminds me a bit of Modric in that he was played a couple of short passes into a crowd of arsenal players and you think "he's gonna lose it there" but he managed to squeeze it out and get the ball to a Spurs player.

Carroll simply has to start the next two games at least.
Thudd has shown he is not up to a the job. Couldn't even beat the first man on a corner.

Carroll is the future.

The game passed him by today but he again made a couple of really good tackles. His corner delivery was not bad. Here's hoping.

The game passed him by today but he again made a couple of really good tackles. His corner delivery was not bad. Here's hoping.

What do you mean by "the game passed him by today"?

Defensively? Going forward? I thought he did well in both areas and looked to get involved as much as possible.

I think that it was a good decision by AVB to bring him today. It was valuable experience for him but relatively low pressure in that the game was already lost. I think he looked comfortable on the ball and showed a good range of passing again. I like him but I'd like to see him brought through in a measured way rather than putting too much pressure on him.

What do you mean by "the game passed him by today"?

Defensively? Going forward? I thought he did well in both areas and looked to get involved as much as possible.
I too thought he did well overall and shows real promise, but agree up to a point with onlyme, I noticed a a brief spell when he was getting by-passed a bit. It seemed that Bale and Verthongen were a tad unsure of him. But he soon asserted himself so well the problem completely disappeared.

He looks very calm when in possession of the ball, which for a young player is a very important trait. From what I've seen in previous matches, his positioning is also very good.

Once again I have to be a dictionary.

It means he did not do anything noticeable.

Disagree, when he came on we instantly looked better. His movement and recycling of the ball was excellent for the short period until Arsenal got back on top. I thought this was very noticeable. Granted, he didn't play any any 40 yard through balls, but he was one of the few highlights of today.

I we should throw him in and see how he does, everyone has been screaming that we miss Modric, he's the closest thing we have to him at the minute.

Back