• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Lovely one-touch pass to set up Defoe for second goal. Winning balls in midfield. Feisty and creative. If this was an Arsenal player, they'd be saying Wheelchair MkII.

Thought he was 'triffic' , always showing for the ball. Nice technique too, and tried to keep the tempo up, even when the rest slowed down. Impressed.

He actually improved during the game. Started well. But grew and grew and was running the show with Hud. Not ready to start in the Prem though.

whats all this he needs to "beef up" or "add some muscle"??? Jack Wheelchair is pretty wirey but handles himself ok.....Leon Brittain at Swansea is a little slight player and yet has proved he can handle the Premier league

what i was looking at was whether Tom would run out of steam, but he was still going strong towards the end.

I think he can handle the physical side of the Premier League and id certainly consider him ahead of Livermore.

whats all this he needs to "beef up" or "add some muscle"??? Jack Wheelchair is pretty wirey but handles himself ok.....Leon Brittain at Swansea is a little slight player and yet has proved he can handle the Premier league

what i was looking at was whether Tom would run out of steam, but he was still going strong towards the end.

I think he can handle the physical side of the Premier League and id certainly consider him ahead of Livermore.

Oh yes!

Imagine him come up against a Yaya Toure. Wheelchair looks a lot stronger than Carroll

Imagine him come up against a Yaya Toure. Wheelchair looks a lot stronger than Carroll

not many can match up against Yaya....im not saying that he should go in against City away, but for example he could have played against wigan at the weekend when Sandro went off .

I'd like to see Carroll start a few "easier" away games and more home games in the PL, think he's young enough that people would have the sense not to boo him if the team's not doing well. I'd put him above Hudd and Livermore in the pecking order atm - not so much for quality, but because his "knitting" style fits what we need right now. He doesn't have to be Wheelchair or even Joe Allen, just help us keep the ball, press and move for it, feed our more attacking players; work hard and do the basics right.

City and Arsenal are a little too deep-end for my taste, but if his mental strength is very good then hey, why not if Dembele's out. It's not like our other midfielders have done better. And most people will understand if they really are beyond him atm.

Main thing is Ade *has* to be playing and dropping deep, especially with Bale and Lennon on the wings.

The movement of our front players was so much better today. That is why Carroll and Hudd had good games. It is the movement that makes the pass.

No-one, not even Hoddle, could have found the statues that played against Wigan

I've been saying it for a while beyotches, and NOW you see why!!!!!

He will, if brought through well this season, be a MASSIVE player for us. That pass for the second goal, not to mention about half a dozen others, are the first of their ilk we've seen since Luka moved.

Whilst he needs careful development, he will be BUZZING right now, and as such, it's a wonderful time for him to start against Emirates Marketing Project, a side (incidentally) who will play an open game which 'should' give him room to work.

Credit to Hudd tonight too, his best game for ages...

Back