• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

so it looks like TA will be paid more than Kane, 50k a week versus 40k a week....I wonder what Bentaleb and his people will be thinking too

Popcorn ready!

giphy.gif
Stamford Bridge

so it looks like TA will be paid more than Kane, 50k a week versus 40k a week....I wonder what Bentaleb and his people will be thinking too

Any idea what he was on at A Madrid? No doubt that will have had some play on his 50k pw wages. I know football wages have got out of hand but Kane and Bentaleb are still very young, they have plenty of time to secure a better contract should they continue to develop. Alderweireld is in his prime and this 5yr deal perhaps his earning peak.

don't know a great deal about him to be honest, we signing (if we do indeed sign him...) a top quality player?

Last edited:
No one can complain if we sign him. He is a very good player. Were all welcome to our views as to whether or not it was a priority and that's fine... But it's a harsh an who argues take he isn't better than most of our optimism at centre back

don't know a great deal about him to be honest, we signing (if we do indeed sign him...) a top quality player?

He was very good in a disciplined Southampton defensive unit last season. I think their goals against was particularly low. Could we add Schneiderlin to recreate some of that?

Not sure its fair on Dier and Wimmer as I'd imagine they would be restricted to cups or head out on loan. But our defence needed serious attention. We were that bad last season. Successful teams have a good defensive foundation. So yes we needed this guy if he does sign.

A guy from Celtic gets played ahead of him at centre half for Belgium.
As I told you before, their coach doesn't move his full-backs to CB anymore, they stay on the flanks, no matter what. Has little to do with being behind 'a guy from Celtic' in the pecking order.

Alderweireld is a brilliant right back. Haven't seen a great deal of him at centre half tbh but I've only heard good things about him and Vertonghen.

Back