• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

As I told you before, their coach doesn't move his full-backs to CB anymore, they stay on the flanks, no matter what. Has little to do with being behind 'a guy from Celtic' in the pecking order.

I think Modric may have made a boo boo on his players natioanliy... I think he may be in about a Dutch player but I'm happy to be corrected

From Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad:

CJOIDPqWoAAf-cD.png
I'd like Benteke as the lead singer please. Fudge it we might as well get the band back together and buy the whole Dutch team. Mirallas as the ..um... the horn section. Maybe that should be Chadli.

Ah, cheers.

Denayer has 3 caps, for reference, two as a sub and one start (in a friendly)

He's just turned 20 so he obviously won't have many caps, he started their most recent qualifier against Wales. It's hard to say which of the two are higher in the CB pecking order as Alderweireld always plays at RB due to a lack of genuine full backs, same for Vertonghen on the other side.

Who: The Goat
When: 6th July (received 5th July)
Where: SC

The Goat has heard that we are preparing for Toby Alderweireld to come to the training ground on Tuesday.

This came to The Goat's source before the legal shenanigans broke so we do not know if that will change things.

I hope we can get him. Mainly because for the past month I've been monitoring a Southampton forum and can't believe the level of hatred they have for us for... er... appointing a couple of their managers fairly.

Threatening legal action against us is pathetic. If anything happens which involves us signing him their quarrell should be with Athletico, we will have broken NO rules and to be honest I'm not so sure that Alderweireld will want to sign for a petty little outfit like them after watching them behave like children anyway.

I hope we can get him. Mainly because for the past month I've been monitoring a Southampton forum and can't believe the level of hatred they have for us for... er... appointing a couple of their managers fairly.

Threatening legal action against us is pathetic. If anything happens which involves us signing him their quarrell should be with Athletico, we will have broken NO rules and to be honest I'm not so sure that Alderweireld will want to sign for a petty little outfit like them after watching them behave like children anyway.

I don't think that there has been any suggestion that they will take action against us. Their agreement, whatever it says, is with Athleitco so they are the only people they could take action against.

are we buying him to play central midfield? ive never seen Alderwiereld play there but apparently he has and done ok. I mean we have 4 centre halves and 60 right backs already so maybe Poch has other plans for Toby

are we buying him to play central midfield? ive never seen Alderwiereld play there but apparently he has and done ok. I mean we have 4 centre halves and 60 right backs already so maybe Poch has other plans for Toby

I doubt it. I would assume that either Fazio will be sold or one of Dier or Wimmer will be loaned.

I doubt it. I would assume that either Fazio will be sold or one of Dier or Wimmer will be loaned.

yeah fazio maybe, but i dont see Dier and Wimmer going anywhere on loan. Poch had full trust in Dier last season so why would he be sent out on loan anywhere. Wimmer played extremely well in the Bundesliga last year, is not a little kid so again i think he will be ready to fight for a first team spot

i wondered about CM also but checked whoscored.com and he only played there a couple of times for Southampton - did he play there often for his previous clubs? i read elsewhere that he put in a 'blinding' performance against Arsenal as a CM, that's just one supporters view though (albeit an Arsenal fan so maybe more impartial)

I think he has been bought to play alongside Jan at CB, however he can play in other positions and will probably be used in them if needed. If we are to loan out any players I would think it would be Wimmer who would be the one.

I think he has been bought to play alongside Jan at CB, however he can play in other positions and will probably be used in them if needed. If we are to loan out any players I would think it would be Wimmer who would be the one.

I think that you are right. Maybe Poch has decided that he needs 5 CBs to cover all competitions

I think that you are right. Maybe Poch has decided that he needs 5 CBs to cover all competitions

It looks like that to me and I think all of them will get plenty of games, may be a sign that Poch is going to take all competitions seriously ( thankfully).

another possibility for sure. with the increasing financial gap between ourselves and the top 4 (our wage bill is closer to Hulls than it is any team in the top 4 and closer to West Hams than Liverpools, i read somewhere recently) i can imagine the club giving Pochettino instruction to take the trophies seriously as we can't really afford to bank on breaking the top 4 and trophies will bring with an air of success, and with a deep strong squad we can keep ourselves in without a shout of breaking 4th whilst taking the EL/LC and FAC seriously

another possibility for sure. with the increasing financial gap between ourselves and the top 4 (our wage bill is closer to Hulls than it is any team in the top 4 and closer to West Hams than Liverpools, i read somewhere recently) i can imagine the club giving Pochettino instruction to take the trophies seriously as we can't really afford to bank on breaking the top 4 and trophies will bring an air of success

I really hope that is the case, I want to see us win things ( its all about the glory) and finishing among the runners up ( top four) is not glory. ( imo).

I really hope that is the case, I want to see us win things ( its all about the glory) and finishing among the runners up ( top four) is not glory. ( imo).

without wanting to open that particular can of worms - top 4 as an end is not success but in order to become a club capable of consistently winning trophies top 4 is an important step to take. but of course a trophy>>>finishing 4th

without wanting to open that particular can of worms - top 4 as an end is not success but in order to become a club capable of consistently winning trophies top 4 is an important step to take. but of course a trophy>>>finishing 4th

I do see finishing in the top four is a step forward, but not at the expense of winning things which seems to be the way football ( not just us) has been heading over the last few seasons.

Back