• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

He and Gio linked up really nicely for the phantom goal too.
Yes, Werner actually uses the ball intelligently and passes when he should and isn't just a head down dribbler.

How did Gio play? I still hold out hopes for him if and I know it's a big if he can stay fit...

Yes, Werner actually uses the ball intelligently and passes when he should and isn't just a head down dribbler.

How did Gio play? I still hold out hopes for him if and I know it's a big if he can stay fit...
I only saw highlights so can't give a full assessment, but he looked involved which is something I think he provides pretty consistently.

Always involved and a creative option.

I’d still like to see us sign someone either instead of Werner or in addition to Werner. As long as he’s not the main/only signing in attack this summer then I’m cool with it. Agree for the time being it should be Werner, Son and Johnson as well.

Regarding the chance, not sure if it’s sitter territory but you’d expect a PL forward to score it, especially a top 4/6 calibre forward.
Have no issue with that, just think for a club with not an unlimited budget 17m is a snip for a guy who clearly fits in with Ange style of play regardless of his finishing. I just look at who actually creates for us, and for me since he's been here looks like one of, if not the most creative....

Have no issue with that, just think for a club with not an unlimited budget 17m is a snip for a guy who clearly fits in with Ange style of play regardless of his finishing. I just look at who actually creates for us, and for me since he's been here looks like one of, if not the most creative....

Fair enough. I’d say Werner, Son and Johnson are all “good” creators, not elite but good enough if we’ve got other creative outlets in the team which we do. IMO the front three needs to be the priority in the next window and as long as Werner isn’t the only signing in attack then I’m ok with it.

Gio changed the game
Him and Bentacur are just in the same wave length
The highlights won’t show you ten chance we missed around 70 minutes which would have been a goal of the season contender
There was a back heel nutmeg in there, reverse pass and a slide rule pass.
If Gio could stay fit… if 😁

Werner's honours:

RB Leipzig
- DFB-Pokal: 2022–23
- DFL-Supercup: 2023

Chelsea
- UEFA Champions League: 2020–21
- UEFA Super Cup: 2021
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2021

Well according to all the experts that makes him 5 times better than Harry Kane

Well according to all the experts that makes him 5 times better than Harry Kane
Not the point that was being made though, think that's a nonsense argument obviously. But having won cups can't hurt a players belief or what they bring to the squad, in terms of knowing how to get it over the line.

Not the point that was being made though, think that's a nonsense argument obviously. But having won cups can't hurt a players belief or what they bring to the squad, in terms of knowing how to get it over the line.

I know, it's just a knock at ali those media experts that have told us for years Kane needed to move to win things and improve himself.

I think it's

---Son------Richarlison----Kulu

That gives us a blend of pace, finishing, aerial, mobility, power and creativity.

But it really depends on the opposition.

To me your front 3 would be incredible against a team who plays a high line against us, but would offer very little against a low block (I think we really missed Richarlison's in-the-box movement and bustle for that on Saturday).

So it's maybe not a bad thing to not have a clear first choice trio.
In 2024 Johnson has performed consistently better than Kulu despite his limited minutes

Brennan Johnson is right footed and looks a better player deployed on the right wing.

I would love to see left footed Kulu deployed on the left and see how it goes

Brennan Johnson is right footed and looks a better player deployed on the right wing.

I would love to see left footed Kulu deployed on the left and see how it goes

Maddison would really have to support son in the middle. Almost going back to the old 442 or 424. When attacking. Which i'm fine with.

When Werner went through on goal right in front of me, I had zero belief he would score, and you can see he has no belief either. Fantastic movement and skill and speed to make the chance, then he bobbled it into the turf and bounced it wide.
He was probably our best player in all other areas except finishing.
For the own goal, we were at the other end and were all confused how the ball went in, because surely it couldn't have been a Werner finish so smooth and simple like that? It wasn't, but his presence forced the own goal.
And for our other goal he was key, so he has a lot to offer but is a really poor finisher, no belief and no technique to strike a ball. He should spend an hour every day just striking a ball off a brick wall, with accuracy and venom. Technique is key in pressure situation.

When Werner went through on goal right in front of me, I had zero belief he would score, and you can see he has no belief either. Fantastic movement and skill and speed to make the chance, then he bobbled it into the turf and bounced it wide.
He was probably our best player in all other areas except finishing.
For the own goal, we were at the other end and were all confused how the ball went in, because surely it couldn't have been a Werner finish so smooth and simple like that? It wasn't, but his presence forced the own goal.
And for our other goal he was key, so he has a lot to offer but is a really poor finisher, no belief and no technique to strike a ball. He should spend an hour every day just striking a ball off a brick wall, with accuracy and venom. Technique is key in pressure situation.

Werner and 1 other in that position id be ok with.

Yep
Big the line and stay wide
But the guys behind me seem to think he should be wing back or cm with their comments about his lack of “running to defend”

I’ve not seen much of that criticism, but think it’s a fair comment if so.

Generally, our attitude to defending sucks. If we lose the ball I expect all bar the CF to be sprinting back to defend.

Back