• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

Gladly.

He was a **** when he was at Blackburn - he undermined Hodgson in front of the rest of the team (as a senior player who they looked up to) in order to try and get his own way. When he got a transfer he spent a lot of time ****ging off both the club and the manager.

When he was at Spurs he undermined Hoddle to the team and the press to get his own way. When he left he spent a lot of time ****ging off both the club and the manager.

When he was employed by Setanta he spent a lot of time ****ging off Spurs and being, quite literally, the dumbest and least insightful pundit I've heard - and I've heard Sol Campbell have a stroke on tv and call it punditry.

He was (IMO) briefing the press against AVB in order to try and get his own way.

He's an Arsenal fan - I know it doesn't bother some but it bothers me.

He's a graceless, classless, **** with no emotional intelligence, a complete inability to stop flapping his gob for two minutes and no emotional intelligence whatsoever. If the cretin had even a fraction of the ability he seems to think he has I could almost forgive the arrogance.

A typical goon in other words.

In other words, he was critical off, and could spot an utter mediocrity a mile off. Hoddle and Hodgson really went on to show him, didn't they? He was away from the club between 2003-2008... quite reasonable he would have been critical as a pundit over some of those periods. We would have been the same on here, I'm sure. The rest is just mud slinging. Yeah, he's dumb and insightful. Heard all the same **** about Redknapp. How did that work out? And how did his oh so bright successor get on? Put the shovel down, fella.

Last edited:

Your PM was regarding how i was apparently celebrating AVB's demise (the irony is that you actually used the word irrational) so you must understand it was quite shocking reading your post claiming you now actually don't mind irrational viewpoints. I'm glad you've decided you don't mind it now but can you have the decency to stick to this viewpoint...regardless of whoever next takes over and your personal feelings towards them. Be a fair man and allow others to hold these "irrational viewpoints" to someone they also may not care for and quit preaching otherwise.

I don't really find changing thread titles humorous personally. I have no time for AVB, for Paulinho but changing thread titles because the majority feel the same way? we're all entitled to our opinion but thread titles imo should be completely neutral. Somehow i don't think this would be allowed to other managers/players where the general consensus of that person is positive. It's fine though at least we know this is allowed now.

Let me say that I think you have been allowed, repeatedly since this PM exchange, to hold 'irrational viewpoints' over managers. In this thread alone you've taken digs at AVB, and somewhere at Ramos too. As well as at other posters with whom you don't agree.

I 'think' we're all trying to let these things go as best as possible without the descent into madness again.

As for 'don't mind irrational viewpoints' I'm not sure what you're reading, but I said I was extremely disappointed in mine once I was put in a place where I considered it. But I am not perfect. I have emotions. I think Tim Sherwood has behaved like an absolute c unt. But the fact is, it's clouded my rationale, and that is a sad day for me as a supporter.

As for the thread title change, you are the only person who has taken offence to it and the only person who has dinged me over it. I have apologized. I have explained that i thought of it as light relief. Your POV has been taken onboard.

Let me say that I think you have been allowed, repeatedly since this PM exchange, to hold 'irrational viewpoints' over managers. In this thread alone you've taken digs at AVB, and somewhere at Ramos too. As well as at other posters with whom you don't agree.

I 'think' we're all trying to let these things go as best as possible without the descent into madness again.

As for 'don't mind irrational viewpoints' I'm not sure what you're reading, but I said I was extremely disappointed in mine once I was put in a place where I considered it. But I am not perfect. I have emotions. I think Tim Sherwood has behaved like an absolute c unt. But the fact is, it's clouded my rationale, and that is a sad day for me as a supporter.

As for the thread title change, you are the only person who has taken offence to it and the only person who has dinged me over it. I have apologized. I have explained that i thought of it as light relief. Your POV has been taken onboard.

My viewpoints of those 2 are not irrational and is based on performances/results/brand of football...basically football related. I don't refer to them as ****s etc etc so it's not the same.

TBH i don't care less that you hold these irrational viewpoints as you're right, we all hold them from time to time. What i dislike is you criticsing me for holding irrational viewpoints and then claiming you don't mind holding irrational viewpoints AFTER you decide to hold them for a manager.

In other words, he was critical off, and could spot an utter mediocrity a mile off. Hoddle and Hodgson really went on to show him, didn't they? He was away from the club between 2003-2008... quite reasonable he would have been critical as a pundit over some of those periods. We would have been the same on here, I'm sure. The rest is just mud slinging. Yeah, he's dumb and insightful. Heard all the same **** about Redknapp. How did that work out? And how did his oh so bright successor get on? Put the shovel down, fella.

Doesn't matter if he was right (I don't believe he was) it what he said and how/where he said it.

I'm not putting the shovel down until he's well and truly buried - hopefully tomorrow.

As for how did it work with Droopy? It finished with failure and a team full of ageing, overpaid players - same as his other jobs.

In lieu of that, I'd settle for some honesty.
I have no problem with irrational viewpoints, this is football after all, but you'd think at the end of it all people could be honest about their opinions. I won't hold my breath.

Steff - Im happy with opinions but throwaway comments are not really solid opinions. Throughout TS' tenure we have had absurd opinions based on aspects of him ranging from 'I dont like how he dresses' to 'I dont like his voice'. Those are not opinions based on his ability to do the job but actually 'personal'.

I also object to that people seem to disregard that he has done a half decent job in continuity from where AVB left. Its not like TS had a pre season or brought in his own players etc. In fact you could have got in a Manager spent a ****load in January and ended up where we are now or even worse. Thats a bit of context.

I am happy to admit his faults but also happy to acknowledge the positives he has brought. On the other hand we have people who seem to forget any positives (and yes he has made some positive contribution eg the younger players which most of us have been wanting us to do for a while) while focusing solely on the negatives. TS is not the finished article but he has done well all things considering and I see his bullish attitude as arrogance but eh thats what most Managers need to succeed and I like that.

ps - apologies if anyone took offence to my previous post, didnt mean it in that manner and to come off as offensive.

Steff - Im happy with opinions but throwaway comments are not really solid opinions. Throughout TS' tenure we have had absurd opinions based on aspects of him ranging from 'I dont like how he dresses' to 'I dont like his voice'. Those are not opinions based on his ability to do the job but actually 'personal'.

I also object to that people seem to disregard that he has done a half decent job in continuity from where AVB left. Its not like TS had a pre season or brought in his own players etc. In fact you could have got in a Manager spent a ****load in January and ended up where we are now or even worse. Thats a bit of context.

I am happy to admit his faults but also happy to acknowledge the positives he has brought. On the other hand we have people who seem to forget any positives (and yes he has made some positive contribution eg the younger players which most of us have been wanting us to do for a while) while focusing solely on the negatives. TS is not the finished article but he has done well all things considering and I see his bullish attitude as arrogance but eh thats what most Managers need to succeed and I like that.

ps - apologies if anyone took offence to my previous post, didnt mean it in that manner and to come off as offensive.

Mate…as ever, a fine post. Even in disagreement I agree with you on most things.

Doesn't matter if he was right (I don't believe he was) it what he said and how/where he said it.

I'm not putting the shovel down until he's well and truly buried - hopefully tomorrow.

As for how did it work with Droopy? It finished with failure and a team full of ageing, overpaid players - same as his other jobs.

Ah, if only we could have that team full of aging, overpaid players back again. The team that included Modric, Bale and VDV. That Fergie said was the most entertaining in the PL. That lit up the CL like dare I say no other team has done since.

Those were the days, my friend.

Proves just as much as saying Sherwood's ppg would have got us CL if he'd had the full season. We had a tougher run at the start.

Sherwood had to play Scum, Emirates Marketing Project and Everton at home, not to mention Liverpool, Chelsea and United away and the likes of Stoke which is a hellhole. Hardly like he's had nothing but Norwich, West Brom and Fulham is It?

My viewpoints of those 2 are not irrational and is based on performances/results/brand of football...basically football related. I don't refer to them as ****s etc etc so it's not the same.

TBH i don't care less that you hold these irrational viewpoints as you're right, we all hold them from time to time. What i dislike is you criticsing me for holding irrational viewpoints and then claiming you don't mind holding irrational viewpoints AFTER you decide to hold them for a manager.

What can I say?
I don't want to argue.
There's little point.
Again, I objected to my OWN irrational viewpoint (as I saw it) because I didn't like how it made ME behave. I can only deal with what I think and feel.

I am unaware of having criticized you for anything in quite some time here, save the random forum comment which I know upset you greatly because I was probably rather too blunt with how I felt about that post.

I'm not sure, at this point, what you're trying to say or what you actually want done? What is clear is that I am unable to offer a clear understanding of either. For that I am sorry mate…again, what can I say?

By the way, I 'could' get into why Sherwood's increasingly ridiculous tactical ideas have also f**ed me off as his time has gone on (I have discussed this much earlier in the thread) but I'm going to try and forget about him now, so I'll leave it there unless a genuine discussion on the topic is invited.

Droopy? Oh dear. Were those days of winning away at Arsenal for the first time in 1000 years, winning at the San Siro and playing CL football really THAT BAD? Do you realise that a car crash is part of the reason why his face is "droopy"? I think a lot of people on this board are a bit frightened to challenge you or any of your posts but is there really a need for such tasteless comments and to act like such a total snob in general?

Ah, if only we could have that team full of aging, overpaid players back again. The team that included Modric, Bale and VDV. That Fergie said was the most entertaining in the PL. That lit up the CL like dare I say no other team has done since.

I ****in loved that team and at the time I said the grass isnt greener on the other side and guess what? We have ****in regressed.

I ****in loved that team and at the time I said the grass isnt greener on the other side and guess what? We have ****in regressed.

Absolutely. One of Levy's worst decisions he's made. The next managerial appointment was so vital and he bodged that too.

Doesn't matter if he was right (I don't believe he was) it what he said and how/where he said it

It really isn't. Players being openly critical of a manager and/or briefing to the press against the manager happens at every single club. Certainly with anyone relatively new in the job anyway. Happened to Sherwood himself. In these days of player power, you just have to deal with it as best you can rather than bleat about it or you'll find yourself out the door. AVB might be grasping this by now. You actually have to earn the respect of the players first. Sherwood is not the outrageous exception you're making him out to be here.

I'm not putting the shovel down until he's well and truly buried - hopefully tomorrow

He's been long buried. Either way, the prove has been proved. People have had to seriously debate whether or not he was better than the last guy. People, at times, have had to seriously debate whether he should get the job. I don't think that situation would have been in yours or others worst nightmares at the start of the season! LOL!

Last edited:

Absolutely. One of Levy's worst decisions he's made. The next managerial appointment was so vital and he bodged that too.

I have a feeling it will be Levys last chance saloon the next managerial appointment

Did he bodge it or did redknapp benefit from something that few under Levy's stewardship have managed and that is having a settled side with no key players sold from underneath him.
AVB had his faults but he adapted to having the key player under Rednapp's tenure, Modric, sold in his first pre-season and then having the Bale saga the whole of this pre-season. The fact is we' ll never know what could have happened if AVB had( or wanted) to stay on.IMO in his season and a half in charge there was enough evidence to suggest he'd have steadied the ship and made us competitive against the big guns.

Equally I can see why others may hold the opposite view.
In the interim Sherwood did an adequate job result's wise I'll concede but the general pattern of our play seemed quite sham boric under him and long term if he was to stay on I would have serious worries that we would regress given our lack of resources comparative to those we seek to overtake and his lack of tactical nous.
And that's before we even delve into his bizarre rants.

None of whom were his purchases. I'd love those three back again, Saha and Nelsen with the prospect of Joe Cole, not so much.

Droopy? Oh dear. Were those days of winning away at Arsenal for the first time in 1000 years, winning at the San Siro and playing CL football really THAT BAD? Do you realise that a car crash is part of the reason why his face is "droopy"? I think a lot of people on this board are a bit frightened to challenge you or any of your posts but is there really a need for such tasteless comments and to act like such a total snob in general?

He's fair game since his Campbell comments. He calls us all kinds of names, we can call him what we want.

Back