• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

He's fair game since his Campbell comments. He calls us all kinds of names, we can call him what we want.

Such as what? Idiots? Boohoo. Guess what, some of our fans are macarons, I can see why we're the most hated team in London.

None of whom were his purchases. I'd love those three back again, Saha and Nelsen with the prospect of Joe Cole, not so much.

And yet the guy before him failed to get the best out of two of them. I'm not defending the signings of Saha and Nelsen, but why does Levy get off scot free for us being in such a great position in January two years running and not strengthening the squad adequately?

Did he bodge it or did redknapp benefit from something that few under Levy's stewardship have managed and that is having a settled side with no key players sold from underneath him.
AVB had his faults but he adapted to having the key player under Rednapp's tenure, Modric, sold in his first pre-season and then having the Bale saga the whole of this pre-season. The fact is we' ll never know what could have happened if AVB had( or wanted) to stay on.IMO in his season and a half in charge there was enough evidence to suggest he'd have steadied the ship and made us competitive against the big guns.

Equally I can see why others may hold the opposite view.
In the interim Sherwood did an adequate job result's wise I'll concede but the general pattern of our play seemed quite sham boric under him and long term if he was to stay on I would have serious worries that we would regress given our lack of resources comparative to those we seek to overtake and his lack of tactical nous.
And that's before we even delve into his bizarre rants.

He also spent over £150m so it's hard for me to feel that sorry for him.

I just can't agree with the part about him making us competitive against the big guns, we lost 5-0 and 6-0 to the teams that finished 1st and 2nd.

Personally I think Sherwood did OK, it's funny you should talk about his lack of tactical nous because I feel that AVB was a complete chancer. He had no idea how to set the team up in home games. I don't have a problem with Levy replacing Sherwood, it's a crucial time in our history (we say that every year) but I just can't see why everytime we win it's purely luck and it's always his fault whenever we lose, and yet those same people that coat him made every excuse under the sun when AVB lost a game. Sherwood came in to the team that was low on confidence, couldn't score and were shipping goals for fun.

Speaking of Sherwood being "lucky", I would say the Chelsea game was the most pathetic display of defending and the most incompotent mistakes I've ever seen a Spurs team make in such a big game, not one but THREE massive howlers that gifted Chelsea the game. Is that the manager's fault?

Some probably are judging from my visits to WHL. Need I remind you of the Adebayor washing elephants song. I suppose that's just banter.

That's something I've honestly never heard our fans sing. I have heard of it being sung but only in disapproving terms. I have heard "your Dad's in a box and your Mum's a *****" a few times which is distasteful, but no more than that.

Droopy? Oh dear. Were those days of winning away at Arsenal for the first time in 1000 years, winning at the San Siro and playing CL football really THAT BAD? Do you realise that a car crash is part of the reason why his face is "droopy"? I think a lot of people on this board are a bit frightened to challenge you or any of your posts but is there really a need for such tasteless comments and to act like such a total snob in general?

He's fair game since his Campbell comments. He calls us all kinds of names, we can call him what we want.

Well Jurgen, he's shown another side of himself with this whole sorry affair. It'd be nice to think they aren't his true colours.

He also spent over £150m so it's hard for me to feel that sorry for him.

I just can't agree with the part about him making us competitive against the big guns, we lost 5-0 and 6-0 to the teams that finished 1st and 2nd.

Personally I think Sherwood did OK, it's funny you should talk about his lack of tactical nous because I feel that AVB was a complete chancer. He had no idea how to set the team up in home games. I don't have a problem with Levy replacing Sherwood, it's a crucial time in our history (we say that every year) but I just can't see why everytime we win it's purely luck and it's always his fault whenever we lose, and yet those same people that coat him made every excuse under the sun when AVB lost a game. Sherwood came in to the team that was low on confidence, couldn't score and were shipping goals for fun.

Speaking of Sherwood being "lucky", I would say the Chelsea game was the most pathetic display of defending and the most incompotent mistakes I've ever seen a Spurs team make in such a big game, not one but THREE massive howlers that gifted Chelsea the game. Is that the manager's fault?
Indeed but the season before he beat arsenal city united and Liverpool and came away with a credible draw against Chelsea at the bridge.
Our only point against the top four this season was under AVB against Chelsea. Slim pickings perhaps but a fact nevertheless.
I was no fan of most of AVB's work this season but I believed he had a plan and some idea of how he wished to build the team moving forward. I saw none of that under Sherwood.
As for the Chelsea game, if these errors were isolated to one game under Sherwood's tenure than the answer would be yes but it wasn't.
In short I fail to see how the change in manager improved things, we were hovering just outside the top four under AVB, Sherwood was bought into improve things and we are still hovering outside the top four but perhaps a little bit further away.

Tim Sherwood; said:
"[The hype] was ridiculous,". "We're talking about taking out one of the best players in the world in Gareth Bale and replacing him with seven players who have never ever played in this competition previously.

"The club will be better with those seven players next season, because they will have had a season playing in this competition, the experience of it, and they will improve from it.

"But to take out a real match-winner - eight winning goals [Bale] scored last season, 21 goals; Jermain Defoe, 10 goals; Clint Dempsey, eight goals - look at all the goals you are taking away. What are you replacing them with?

"You're replacing him with [Emmanuel] Adebayor who didn't get a start, who wouldn't kick a ball for the club until I took over, and he was the only proven Premier League goalscorer that we had, and [Roberto] Soldado, who is going to take time to settle.

"It's impossible to start thinking about wining the championship, or even top four. As much as I don't want to pour water over it, that's a fact.

"If you talk to people who know, it's impossible. We've qualified for the Champions League once - once. We've got no divine right to qualify for the Champions League.

"Where we finished for the Europa League - in sixth - is where we should be, and where we are. We all want to aspire to be in the top four and win championships, be we ain't getting there at the moment."

"We ain't getting there with what we've got, and to remove a match winner like Gareth Bale out of that squad, then we shouldn't have expected it."

Asked whether he needed a new contract, Sherwood stated: "I think that's very difficult [to manage a team with a one-year contract] because you're in the same situation again, aren't you? You're a supply teacher.

"It can only be that [a new deal or a departure]. It will be interesting to see how I've been judged. If I'm to leave, it can't be on results. If I knew it was only five months I wouldn't have done it, to be perfectly honest.

"I think [a quick decision] makes sense. I haven't spoken to Daniel [Levy] about what the future holds, but if I knew any more I'd tell you..

Mmmmmm...

I can't say that I disagree with too much there

Except earlier he said if he had started the season we would have made the CL, something that a matter of hours later he claimed impossible.
Not to mention Defoe was sold under his watch.

Well Jurgen, he's shown another side of himself with this whole sorry affair. It'd be nice to think they aren't his true colours.

If I appear to have shown a new side of myself then I can only apologise for not being clear enough in my opinions before. Just for clarity I'll reiterate them:

Redknapp's a self-serving ****, Timmeh's a self-serving ****. The club have done well to be rid of them.

Except earlier he said if he had started the season we would have made the CL, something that a matter of hours later he claimed impossible.
Not to mention Defoe was sold under his watch.

I hadn't seen those quotes. That is ridiculous.

I think that it was always obvious that it was going to take at least half a season for the new signings to settle and removing such an influential player as Bale was going to have a big impact. I wondered at the time, and several times since, whether we would have been better holding onto Dempsey until at least January to smooth the transition.

I hadn't seen those quotes. That is ridiculous.

I think that it was always obvious that it was going to take at least half a season for the new signings to settle and removing such an influential player as Bale was going to have a big impact. I wondered at the time, and several times since, whether we would have been better holding onto Dempsey until at least January to smooth the transition.

Holding on to Bale would have made it even easier.

In other words, he was critical off, and could spot an utter mediocrity a mile off. Hoddle and Hodgson really went on to show him, didn't they? He was away from the club between 2003-2008... quite reasonable he would have been critical as a pundit over some of those periods. We would have been the same on here, I'm sure. The rest is just mud slinging. Yeah, he's dumb and insightful. Heard all the same **** about Redknapp. How did that work out? And how did his oh so bright successor get on? Put the shovel down, fella.

Wow. At least you've outed yourself fully now as a TS-can-do-little-wrong fanboy.

I assume if Sol Campbell gets mooted as a possible manager in future you'll be rolling out the red carpet?

TS in self-serving BS-talking shocker.

Well, I will miss trying to predict what he will come out with next once he gets his P45 tbh.

Not that i'll miss much else

Just saw Timmeh's "He's English" comment on MOTD.

Sounds a little EDL to me. As if he has something against foreign coaches getting jobs in this country.

Back