• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

Wow. At least you've outed yourself fully now as a TS-can-do-little-wrong fanboy.

I assume if Sol Campbell gets mooted as a possible manager in future you'll be rolling out the red carpet?

Any chance you can calm it down a little? We get that you don't like Sherwood but there is no reason to act arsey with other posters.

Just saw Timmeh's "He's English" comment on MOTD.

Sounds a little EDL to me. As if he has something against foreign coaches getting jobs in this country.

Indeed the whole cheeky chappy 'Arry lite act today was embarrassing.
And the two biggest jobs in English football in the last 2 years went to a scot and a northern Irishman so he has nothing to complain about.

Just saw Timmeh's "He's English" comment on MOTD.

Sounds a little EDL to me. As if he has something against foreign coaches getting jobs in this country.

It's just another Sherwood ******** quip. He engages his mouth before his brain.

It's just another Sherwood ******** quip. He engages his mouth before his brain.

I don't think it's the first time he's made that point though. I'm sure even Timmeh's not cretinous enough to state it any more obviously like "****ing foreign coaches coming over here taking our jobs..." but I don't think he's far off.

I don't think it's the first time he's made that point though. I'm sure even Timmeh's not cretinous enough to state it any more obviously like "****ing foreign coaches coming over here taking our jobs..." but I don't think he's far off.

A Daily Mail column alongside his chums Ashton and Samuel is on it's way ;)

Wow. At least you've outed yourself fully now as a TS-can-do-little-wrong fanboy.

I assume if Sol Campbell gets mooted as a possible manager in future you'll be rolling out the red carpet?

Im not speaking on behalf of Harry Perky here and im butting in - but what a pathetic comment from you (the fanboy comment). Are you (royal) unable to fathom nor appreciate that some dont just see it as black or white and acknowledge that whilst TS IS NOT perfect, he has contributed positively. There is a ****in thread on this forum about Pritchard - you think he would have an opportunities under other Managers? Kane hardly,Bentaleb? etc. TS also ensured we stay sixth where it could have snowballed downhill.

Pros and cons dude, no Manager is perfect but atleast when you appraise someone you identify the positive and the areas of weakness/development.

No, but I felt he balls-up like no other Spurs manager in our recent history and wanted him gone when he was sacked. Does he write for the Daily Mail?

He doesn't write.

I think people write on his behalf for the likes of The Star and The Mirror though.

In fairness DHSF I think Pritchard would get a game under other managers, especially when he has someone like Eriksen commenting on how talented he is. I think it all comes down to how youth orientated a manager is, as some will inevitably spend more time watching their youth teams than others. If those that do, spot talent then inevitably those players will be asked to train with the first team and if they make an impact then they may get a shot. Sherwood had an advantage in that he already knew about all those young players because he had coached them and when he saw holes in the squad he plugged them with Kane and Bentaleb.

It's harsh to think that no other manager would play them, as I doubt that any coach who comes to a club without a billionaire would ignore what was already there.

Im not speaking on behalf of Harry Perky here and im butting in - but what a pathetic comment from you (the fanboy comment). Are you (royal) unable to fathom nor appreciate that some dont just see it as black or white and acknowledge that whilst TS IS NOT perfect, he has contributed positively. There is a ****in thread on this forum about Pritchard - you think he would have an opportunities under other Managers? Kane hardly,Bentaleb? etc. TS also ensured we stay sixth where it could have snowballed downhill.

Pros and cons dude, no Manager is perfect but atleast when you appraise someone you identify the positive and the areas of weakness/development.

There are many things people can like/dislike TS on. For the record I can't stand the guy and was prejudiced before he became the manager; most of the prejudices have been proved right as well. But I understand that some liked him or didn't mind how he managed us. Disagree but I understand to a point.

But to TOTALLY dismiss the antics of a player who actively undermined not one but two of his managers when he himself wasn't the greatest CM in an era when England were very mediocre in that position and so couldn't even be said to be doing it from a position of being a Zidane etc, and say that "he was proved right because those managers weren't great in the end"??
Sorry, where does one start apart from yes labelling said poster as a "TS-can-do-little-wrong fanboy"? Should Ledley have undermined all our managers too?

To use TS and his continued tactics of undermining as a "positive" mark in his favour is ludicrous in this situation. I'm sure many didn't like it when Sandro gave TS a little bit of what he often dished out. Imagine if many more started doing that? In fact I'd love to know whether Harry_Perkins thought Sandro did what he did because he was just 'doing a Sherwood'?
A club that aspires to where we want to be can't have such shenanigans going on. Hopefully TS going stops others thinking that is a good tactic to further your career.

Sherwood embarrasses the club every time he opens his mouth, the sooner he is sacked the better. I don't care about his win ratio, I don't care if he has given youngsters a chance. He's a ****ing disgrace and I want him as far away from Spurs as possible. No class or intelligence backed up by his little xenophobic comment tonight on national tv. I hope he's gone by the end of Tuesday once the testimonial is done.

You guys - you're so up yourselves.

TS comments on MotD (just caught the coverage) was just good character, whereas you cannot see any good in him. I'd rather see him at Spurs next year than many on this forum.

Alas & alack, I expect to be disappointed.

Re: ITK Thread

I wonder if we will ever hear what Sherwood did to knock himself out of the running for the permanent management slot?

Sherwood embarrasses the club every time he opens his mouth, the sooner he is sacked the better. I don't care about his win ratio, I don't care if he has given youngsters a chance. He's a ****ing disgrace and I want him as far away from Spurs as possible. No class or intelligence backed up by his little xenophobic comment tonight on national tv. I hope he's gone by the end of Tuesday once the testimonial is done.

Oh come on his comment was slightly tongue in cheek. Look we are an English club in an English league if there is a good enough English manager out there I would love him to be at my club. Just like I am proud that we are not own by yanks, Russians or Arabs. That does not make me xenophobic, I think an English/ British manager would be more likely to develop young british talent which would benefit the English game overall. In the mean time however there is no one English who springs to mind hence my choices are non- English.

Good character to suggest that the club may get rid of him because they prefer a foreign manager? Absolving himself of any blame and he even suggested that there wasn't much they could do than get 6th! Well expecting to beat Norwich, West Ham and West Brom away is asking too much with team of players that are much of a muchness I suppose!

Oh come on his comment was slightly tongue in cheek. Look we are an English club in an English league if there is a good enough English manager out there I would love him to be at my club. Just like I am proud that we are not own by yanks, Russians or Arabs. That does not make me xenophobic, I think an English/ British manager would be more likely to develop young british talent which would benefit the English game overall. In the mean time however there is no one English who springs to mind hence my choices are non- English.

Surely the point is that Sherwood is again trying to deflect the reason as to why he will likely get the boot from his many managerial shortcomings to the fact that he's English?
One would think we've not recently had an English manager (or are people saying he was sacked because he was English as well?)

Re: ITK Thread

I still think he's done/said something behind the scenes though. I mean yeah he's spoken a load of ****e in some of his interviews and likely ****ed the board off, but I guess I kind of need to know what was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Surely the point is that Sherwood is again trying to deflect the reason as to why he will likely get the boot from his many managerial shortcomings to the fact that he's English?
One would think we've not recently had an English manager (or are people saying he was sacked because he was English as well?)

I think you are being harsh on Sherwood there mate.

Back