• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

It is since we dropped Sandro and Capoue's been injured that our defence has been hemorrhaging goals. Sherwood is almost as stubborn as AVB in this sense. He's so stubborn that he's actually starting Chadli as a centre-mid regularly whilst Sigurdsson is on the bench, Sandro is out of the squad and Holtby is at Fulham. I was fairly pro-Sherwood for his first couple months and at the time I thought his post-match interview might rally the players. It clearly didn't, but he hasn't learned from it and keeps on ****ging them off in public. Lamela, Soldado and Townsend all seem to have shattered confidence and I would say Sherwood does have a part to play in this, especially in Lamela's case.

"Sandro is not good enough to be in the squad" Tim Sherwood.

You don't say that to press. This is where you just make up some bollox, like him not being needed today or how we're a bit spoilt for choice in that area. Anything that doesn't fuel conspiracy theories or create headlines.

"Sandro is not good enough to be in the squad" Tim Sherwood.

Absolutely appalling comment to make. What a complete idiot.

And much of a muchness may technically not indicate the quality of the things you're talking about but it is very clear what he (and the majority of people who use this phrase) means by it.

It is interesting to see Sherwood's approach to the midfield. Much as I question some of Sherwood's decisions, I suspect that Sherwood wants the midfielders to be able to both attack and defend effectively, in the Yaya Toure, Gerrard mode (even if they tend more to one than the other). And I think, if you want to be competing for champion's league football then that is the right attitude. Sandro is a world class defensive midfielder, (and a great character) but offers much less going forward, he can win the ball, and give it back all day long, but maybe that is not enough -it means playing 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 is difficult for a start.

Unfortunately, Yaya Toure kind of midfielders are scarce and expensive. But I don't like the way Sherwood deals with the media, and there is no need to tell the world he doesn't think Sandro is good enough for the squad.. Sandro is what he is, he was bought for a particular purpose, and is very good at that. He doesn't deserve to be humiliated on TV.

Yep, live in TV.

wow, no defence for that.

I am shocked, I watched the game down the pub so did not see the chat after.

Hmm we are desperate for the type of player sandro is, even if you do not rate him and prefer someone else you would play him till your other choices were ready.

Very odd by Sherwood, he did similar with Capoue playing bentelab ahead of him. I wonder if it has anything to do with Ferdinand saying what sort of midfielders they liked being ones that can do everything.

I disagree strongly with this treatment of Sandro, while his passing is limited he is a good player and our midfield looks over run without him. This is part of the reason why I do not think Sherwood is good enough for us, his tactics are all wrong and we get badly exposed against the better teams.

Also very poor man management skills again by Sherwood.

If your team can actually defend, you might, just might get away with an attitude like that to DM's. When my dead gran can score against you, you might want to reconsider your strategy.

His continued nonsense in the press re Sandro, re not knowing his best 11 and our players being much of the same .. it is so unprofessional.

If your team can actually defend, you might, just might get away with an attitude like that to DM's. When my dead gran can score against you, you might want to reconsider your strategy.

His continued nonsense in the press re Sandro, re not knowing his best 11 and our players being much of the same .. it is so unprofessional.
Do you know our best X1?

So the jury's still out on Lamela, our squad are all much of a muchness and Sandro's not good enough.

Even Harry didn't come out with **** like this :lol:

Is Timmeh's behaviour the managerial equivalent of suicide by cop?

I have not agreed with yours and others persecution of Sherwood but his behaviour and language is getting stranger by the week. I can not blame the pressure you and other fans have placed on him, rather he is just completely unsuited to the job.

Does seem like he is trying to be as outlandish as possible, saying that about sandro is as bad as what Redknapp said about Bent. Do it in private if you want, drop them from the team but to humiliate them in public is disgusting.

One for all the Sherwood Haterz on here...

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

I suspect we all know what we think is our best 11. Whilst we may all disagree, we know what we think it is.

Anyone being paid to know should absolutely know it.

AVB didn't know our best X1. Hell i'm pretty sure he said something similar although not as blatant....I'll look.

So the jury's still out on Lamela, our squad are all much of a muchness and Sandro's not good enough.

Even Harry didn't come out with **** like this :lol:

The only thing out of that that's utter bull**** is the Sandro part. The other two have a lot of truth in it.

Back