• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I am responding to Sherwood's public statement that he doesn't know his best 11, not "he doesn't know his best 11 with injury caveats"

BTW, my last post was a bit aggressive, I didn't mean it that way. Just very frustrated at the one way traffic of complaints.

Don't waste you breath mate, when I asked to include other games than PL or when I asked for loss %, it's not relevant. when I try to explain the basics of statistics requiring a certain size/pool to work with, all dismissed.

Stats like these have their purpose but I'm not sure that it fits for this 'Sherwood > AVB' narrative.

Even more pointless when it's abundantly clear that the simple answer is that neither manager was suitable for us. Essentially this argument is over who was the most least suitable :D

BTW, my last post was a bit aggressive, I didn't mean it that way. Just very frustrated at the one way traffic of complaints.

I think most will see that you are trying to be as neutral as possible, but his recent statements do leave a lot to be desired. No question the stats are in his favour but at what cost to the progresion of the team/our club? His man management skills appear to be virtually non existant.

Don't waste you breath mate, when I asked to include other games than PL or when I asked for loss %, it's not relevant. when I try to explain the basics of statistics requiring a certain size/pool to work with, all dismissed.

You both miss the point. It is not a defence of Sherwood and I'm not pretending stats versus previous Spurs managers are the be all and end all. Whereas considerable numbers at the end of last season hailed our record premiership points total. And towards the end they were still hailing his record premiership points total for a Spurs manager. Again, no mentions here of needing '100 more games to make a valid comparison'. 38 games or 54 games was enough! And no mentions that the cup record should be included either!

Now with Sherwood on 1.89 points per game over half a season... not a ****ing peep on this! Sherwood has the record premiership points total of any manager, the exact same results over 19 games as AVB over 38 last year (despite the far more difficult circumstance he took over, the arguably weaker team without Bale etc), and not a murmur on this! See the point? Either results versus previous managers are a major factor or they're not? I've always said: no. There is far more too it. And so it remains. Even with Sherwood. Yes, he's just 4 points better off than AVB. But that doesn't tell the whole story, does it? AVB got a pre-season and the chance to start on an even keel... Sherwood took over in December in 7th, 11 points in the previous 15 games, just beaten 0-5 at home to Liverpool, 3 points in 7 games against the top 9,... he therefore deserves much more credit even if the results are only marginally better overall. None of this means I think he should get the job or is automatically a strong candidate for it. I really hope he isn't. But we've been here before. Replacing someone not so stellar with someone even worse. That is why I've said, at the very least, 'don't burn the bridges'. That said, given his actions/comments since Southampton at home, I suspect we already have!

Last edited:

I am responding to Sherwood's public statement that he doesn't know his best 11, not "he doesn't know his best 11 with injury caveats"

See my other post, Rose as our only LB option is a damning indictment of Sherwood, a 4 year old in Dec/January would have known that position would come back to bite us in the ass.

Re Ade/Bentaleb/Eriksen, yes, good on TS for playing them, doesn't answer how after 20+ games a professional manager feels the need to publicly state he has no idea who is best 11 is, and follow that up by slating his best DM when the side concedes goals for fun.
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/6137-What-is-our-best-X1

Not one person has the same starting X1.

I have to ask the question here. If Deadwood is doing this sort of thing in "public"..I am starting to wonder what he is doing away from the camera...in order to destroy confidence in others.

It's a sad day when a manger mugs off his own players on camera in order to try and look "the innocent"

The guy is a grade A K.U.N.T and needs to be dragged away post haste.

agree 100%....sack the cretin now

and AVB didn't know our best starting X1. He was paid right?

Even if people have different XIs, at least they have one. Not sure what point you're trying to prove.

Just because someone changes the team around from game to game doesn't mean they don't know who their best players are though. What we do know is what Sherwood has said in public, basically admitting he STILL doesn't know his players bar the most obvious ones, the ones we can all pick out on MOTD.

Even if people have different XIs, at least they have one. Not sure what point you're trying to prove.

Just because someone changes the team around from game to game doesn't mean they don't know who their best players are though. What we do know is what Sherwood has said in public, basically admitting he STILL doesn't know his players bar the most obvious ones, the ones we can all pick out on MOTD.

and AVB clearly didn't know his best X1 and said as much (although not the way Tim did). I'll continue looking for the actual quote i'm referring too (and i think it was in reference to starting Holtby ahead of eriksen for a particular match).

and AVB clearly didn't know his best X1 and said as much (although not the way Tim did). I'll continue looking for the actual quote i'm referring too (and i think it was in reference to starting Holtby ahead of eriksen for a particular match).

I guess that was when neither of them were doing much to stake claim for a starting spot.

I guess that was when neither of them were doing much to stake claim for a starting spot.

The reason is irrelevant and tbh Sherwood could use the exact same excuse (the cm's no performing etc etc). The fact is he didn't know his best X1 just like Sherwood and he's getting paid just like Sherwood.

My opinion is that it's a big issue but totally understandable. How could Sherwood possibly decide the best CM pairing when none have been standout since he's come in.

"Sandro is not good enough to be in the squad" Tim Sherwood.

It is not something I would say but you are making it sound a whole lot worse by taking it out of context

[video=youtube;7heR5VmOkVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7heR5VmOkVs[/video]

The reason is irrelevant and tbh Sherwood could use the exact same excuse (the cm's no performing etc etc). The fact is he didn't know his best X1 just like Sherwood and he's getting paid just like Sherwood.

My opinion is that it's a big issue but totally understandable. How could Sherwood possibly decide the best CM pairing when none have been standout since he's come in.

The circumstances are very much relevant IMO. Considering that players are now settled, have gotten to know each other and how many games we have played, if he really, honestly doesn't know more about the players than he lets on he's just not suited to coaching.

The circumstances are very much relevant IMO. Considering that players are now settled, have gotten to know each other and how many games we have played, if he really, honestly doesn't know more about the players than he lets on he's just not suited to coaching.

I think it's a cop out to say "they're settled now" and i've said this to scaramanga.

Scaramanga said during AVB's reign that new players would need a whole season to settle (if not more) but as soon as sherwood has taken over he's now saying Sherwood has a settled squad. Whats' the cut of date? is December 23rd (when Sherwood was appointed) when they finally become settled? I hate when things are altered to suit ones opinion.

The only thing out of that that's utter bull**** is the Sandro part. The other two have a lot of truth in it.

What is he? The manager of the club or a poster on glory glory? That **** is just incredibly unprofessional, something he needs to keep to himself. I supported Tim from the start but the guy obviously has an overrated opinion of himself and frankly the football after a brief renaissance has been getting progressively worse and clueless by the week.

Stats like these have their purpose but I'm not sure that it fits for this 'Sherwood > AVB' narrative.

Even more pointless when it's abundantly clear that the simple answer is that neither manager was suitable for us. Essentially this argument is over who was the most least suitable :D

But the point is less looking back in hindsight.... what were you saying last May, for example? Absolutely no one, that I recall, was seriously talking about the sack for AVB. Some were wax lyrical about the season... others were, overall, praising it in a more circumspect manner (I was in this group). What were the circumstances? We'd just finished 4th but lost VDV and Modric. On the flip side, Bale came into his own. AVB deserves some considerable credit for that. I think a good but not outstanding first season was a reasonable position. What were the actual results? 72 points in 38 games. That 1.89 points per game. Sherwood is on the exact same points per game after his 19 games this season. He came into much more difficult circumstances too. Would anyone really dispute that? Yet... compare and contrast! AVBs 1.89 points per game = good first season, at the very least. Sherwood, 1.89 points per game = (for some) clueless ****wit who should be sacked in May... no question. See the difference? All I would suggest is.. perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between? I just think if people were being consistent they'd at least give him a bit of credit for steadying the ship.

If Sherwood thinks football management is about picking his best XI and letting them do their thing he won't go far. Over a 50-60 game season that lineup won't start more than a quarter of the games anyway. His job is to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players, spot who's in form and who isn't, pick a balanced side and rotate just enough to keep everyone fresh and match fit.

He did, changed his side accordignly and when asked about a player missing from the side he said the player wasn't performing well enough to be included.

Now he's being ****ged off for doing what you've asked him to do.

I won';t say i agree with the manner he does things or what he says and he's far from my choice as manager but you can't **** someone off for picking a player that's out of form and then answering a question honestly as opposed to the AVB "Bale has an injury" bullsh!t we endured last season.

Back