• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27083324

'Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has admitted that he does not know his best team because so many of his players are "much of a muchness".'

Jesus Christ Tim..

Have you read it? He's absolutely right.

He said Lloris and Adebayor stand out and the rest are much of a muchness, and I completely agree.

Is there much between Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson and Chiriches? Not really...none stand out as exceptional or terrible.

Is there much between Chadli, Sigurdsson, Lennon or Towsnend for the wing positions? Nope.

Is there much between Bentaleb and Paulinho? Not hugely.

Kane and Soldado? Nope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27083324

'Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has admitted that he does not know his best team because so many of his players are "much of a muchness".'

Jesus Christ Tim..

thing is - he is right. we all know that.

but his lack of man management abilities are just, well.........beyond words.

all players have media training (even back in Tim day im sure he did, being captain of a title winning side)...........he desperately needs some.

Arry was just a direct in public (as was Fergie), but he would have worded it something like;

"we have a good bunch on players, all with similar ability. so its up to them to prove who should be in my starting XI - its a problem, but its a nice problem"

whereas "much of a muchness" just sounds like he doesnt rate any of them and they all a bit "meh"
its not quite negative, but is bordering on it

personally i think he knows he is done and is just trying to give himself sound bites some a championship club (probably Blackburn) gives him a shot

The press read this as we have 3 good players and the rest are rubbish. The sooner this clown is ejected out of club the better. No wonder the players are playing with zero confiedence

I think the criticism of the players there was warranted and long overdue. I think what he said is true and no different to what 90% of posters on here were saying. I didn't like the "silence is deafening" comment about his future in that interview though.

Enlighten me as to what has been gained by criticsing or sniping at our players in public? Our players are playing without confiedence and with the exception of Ade all the players seem to be having a worse season this year than last season. WTF is he doing to remedy the situation?

Enlighten me as to what has been gained by criticsing or sniping at our players in public? Our players are playing without confiedence and with the exception of Ade all the players seem to be having a worse season this year than last season. WTF is he doing to remedy the situation?

I'll tell you exactly what he is doing - he's telling the whole world what a load of rubbish they are, this is obviously going to make them work hard to prove him wrong.

He is reacting like a novice who has not managed before to every defeat, he has never thought about managing people or had any proper training or guidance. Presumably this is what the coaching badges do.

I cannot believe there are still people half condoning his actions. It is shameful listening to him talking like this, if I was a player at the club who had an opportunity to leave I'd be on the phone to my agent!

hahaha tim sherwood.

i can't see how fans can continue to defend him as a coach.

no problems with him as a regular guy, but you've got to separate the issue - he is just out of his league, borderline making a mockery of the club. we should have just called him caretaker manager and saved everyone some face!

i will make a bold prediction that his coaching career has ended before its begun. can't see any club giving him the chance, plus i think his been spolit but the wealth of talents thats made him look good. he'd make a great pundit though, witty and says things that is easy on the ears. much better than carragher.

For a newbie manager, on a huge learning curve, Tim is probably doing as good job as anyone could in the circumstances. But in football management, as in anything else, but especially jobs which require you to manage people, it probably helps if you learn your trade. Managing people can be hugely difficult because some players will make your life easy, while some will be a complete pain: it takes time and experience to learn how to deal with them and above all to know how to get the best out of people who you don't get on with, or even see as complete prats.
When you look at people like Tony Pulis, they have spent years in lower leagues, learning what works - or what works for them.
It gives me no pleasure at all to criticise a Spurs manager, but I think Tim might be a lot better as a manager if he spent a few years away from the spotlight, working in the lower divisions. One thing HR did well was to have fringe players like Niko, or Gudjonsen, were still highly motivated and very valuable.

For a newbie manager, on a huge learning curve, Tim is probably doing as good job as anyone could in the circumstances. But in football management, as in anything else, but especially jobs which require you to manage people, it probably helps if you learn your trade. Managing people can be hugely difficult because some players will make your life easy, while some will be a complete pain: it takes time and experience to learn how to deal with them and above all to know how to get the best out of people who you don't get on with, or even see as complete prats.
When you look at people like Tony Pulis, they have spent years in lower leagues, learning what works - or what works for them.
It gives me no pleasure at all to criticise a Spurs manager, but I think Tim might be a lot better as a manager if he spent a few years away from the spotlight, working in the lower divisions. One thing HR did well was to have fringe players like Niko, or Gudjonsen, were still highly motivated and very valuable.

If you read (and believe) the Secret Footballer then Pulis isn't much of a man manager either.

And Niko was pretty unmotivated a lot of the time. That's not to say he wasn't professional, but motivation/encouragement from above was rare.

The lack of confidence has been there all season.

I don't think that it is a tactic that could be repeated and how effective it would be depends on what was said behind closed doors afterwards but I think that there is a case for a manager issuing a public wake up call.

********. You don't deal with a group of disenchanted players who are low in confidence by publicly shaming them.

I was on team Tim before but now I'm on team Toodle-oo. Bring on who the fuvk ever. It's not like they won't be sacked in 18 months anyway.

********. You don't deal with a group of disenchanted players who are low in confidence by publicly shaming them.

I was on team Tim before but now I'm on team Toodle-oo. Bring on who the fuvk ever. It's not like they won't be sacked in 18 months anyway.

Agreed. A manager should be bigging up players as potential world beaters and bringing out the very best in them. A self fulfilling prophesy and belief can be hugely effective.

I think Sherwood was trying to do two things here 1. saying to the players prove to me that you stand above the rest and 2. trying to justify to the likes of Sandro or others who will not start, why they are not in the first 11.

Have you read it? He's absolutely right.

He said Lloris and Adebayor stand out and the rest are much of a muchness, and I completely agree.

Is there much between Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson and Chiriches? Not really...none stand out as exceptional or terrible.

Is there much between Chadli, Sigurdsson, Lennon or Towsnend for the wing positions? Nope.

Is there much between Bentaleb and Paulinho? Not hugely.

Kane and Soldado? Nope.

The fact that neither of the two he named are anywhere close to being our best player really worried me.

It is quite unbelievable that people are quoting Sherwood as saying this:

"They're are all so similar, much of a muchness."

When the actual quote is:

"They're are all so similar, much of a muchness regarding the same quality."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27083324

You actually have to go out of your way to chop off the end of that quote to entirely change its meaning.

Slaughter the guy if you want, but wilfully misquoting him like this is just ridiculous.

As GB says, 360mins plus stoppage time to go

Wasnt happy with his appoinment from Day 1, but gave him some leeway as he started doing the things we wanted to see, got us playing some decent football and appeared to say the right things.
But these last few weeks have been embarassing at times, I hope to GHod Danny Boy has got his new man lined up because if not and Tracksuit is going to see his contract through, 2014/15 is going to be a looooooong season

He's right in what he says tbh. How pathetic that we've gone through a whole season still not knowing what our best X1 and best formation is......has this ever happened ever?

He's right in what he says tbh. How pathetic that we've gone through a whole season still not knowing what our best X1 and best formation is......has this ever happened ever?
=D>

I think Milo is calling it right about whether for all the opprobrium directed towards Sherwood his comments have damaged the club. I don't think they have at all if anything they have taken the pressure off the players. Mourinho does it all the time, albeit in a slightly more controlled fashion. We have come back from losing positions how many times? The fact we have been in losing positions is another discussion. But at least if anything it shows the players are still behind the coach. How many times in our recent history have we been in losing positions then just collapsed against not just top 4 teams but the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Birmingham City. Not to forget west Ham.

Last edited:

The fact that neither of the two he named are anywhere close to being our best player really worried me.

Who are then? He also said that eriksen is not far behind. I think based on this season he has called it right.

Who are then? He also said that eriksen is not far behind. I think based on this season he has called it right.

Eriksen is easily our best player. I guess it's hard comparing a goalkeeper to an attacking midfielder, but I know which one opposition players will be most concerned with playing against

Back