• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Haha if we still has Bale, then AVB would still have a job and Sherwood would still be coaching Bentaleb, Kane and Veljkovic

I would rather have a Manager stand up to Levy or any other Chairman than not. We criticise Levy, as fans, and im sure a Manager is just as ambitious as us fans so it would stand to reason that a Manager would be just as frustrated as us. I have no doubt that TS wants to succeed and wants the club to succeed but is frustrated at the drawbacks and it appears, as fans have mentioned in the past, that Levy's stubbornness and way of working is contributing to that.

But Deadwood isn't a fan, he is an employee and therefore there is a proper way to manage a situation and stand up to the Chairman and that isn't through the media.

Don't think Sherwood's arguing that he's simply saying as a club going forward we've lost out best player(again) and replaced with player who aren't as good.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-tim-sherwood-power-2989784

In the end Levy seemingly overruled them both and got his own man (reappointing Broomfield for the 3rd time)

I think Timmeh is about as unqualified to be a DoF as he is a coach. About a year ago AVB mocked his credentials for the job, by pointing out that his black book and influence on the international stage aren't exactly extensive.

Oh? When/where was this done?

Am in work, so can't watch that, but I read quotes this morning;

"The decision to sell Gareth was made by all parties," Sherwood said. "It was the one Tottenham decided they wanted to go with. Look at Modric as well. You would like to be able to keep all of your best players but sometimes it's not possible.

"The speculation around Gareth was rife – it went on for nearly as long as the speculation surrounding me. He certainly dealt with it and, to be fair, I think he wanted to go. Once a player wants to go, it is very difficult to keep him. Unless you are Liverpool"

To me the bit in bold is a little bit of a dig at Levy no? Basically saying Liverpool had a player at a similar level but they had the balls to keep hold of him. Before everyone comes in screaming with 'BUT LIVERPOOL DIDN'T GET OFFERED 80MIL', Sherwood said earlier in the interview "His fee looks cheap now" which is essentially saying we let him go for too little.

Maybe I'm reading into it a little too much, but just got that impression (unless of course he was mis-quoted by the paper)

I think that the Liverpool thing is just a joke. He's got a loose tongue and can't help making a quip.

But Deadwood isn't a fan, he is an employee and therefore there is a proper way to manage a situation and stand up to the Chairman and that isn't through the media.

You get teh sense that TS is being advsied by Harry - the way that he mouths off in the media about things which should be kept private is exactly what old saggy-face used to do. It really just drags the club through the mud and isnt needed. We dont need to see stories every day about what this fool thinks. Few of the really successful managers over the last decade feel the need to be in teh media on a daily basis. Even the least-shy of them, Mourinho, tends to only mouth off at press conferences ahead of games. The sooner TS is gone the better

You get teh sense that TS is being advsied by Harry - the way that he mouths off in the media about things which should be kept private is exactly what old saggy-face used to do. It really just drags the club through the mud and isnt needed. We dont need to see stories every day about what this fool thinks. Few of the really successful managers over the last decade feel the need to be in teh media on a daily basis. Even the least-shy of them, Mourinho, tends to only mouth off at press conferences ahead of games. The sooner TS is gone the better

Is he mouthing off to the press everyday? It looks to me that this was a response to a question from a journo at the Fulham pre-match press conference which he is required to do. His answer is not wildly off message, he quite rightly says that we would be a better team with Modric and Bale in it (does anyone disagree that we would?) and makes a quip about Liverpool. I really think that some people are just looking for reasons to criticise him.

Is he mouthing off to the press everyday? It looks to me that this was a response to a question from a journo at the Fulham pre-match press conference which he is required to do. His answer is not wildly off message, he quite rightly says that we would be a better team with Modric and Bale in it (does anyone disagree that we would?) and makes a quip about Liverpool. I really think that some people are just looking for reasons to criticise him.

I think as the public face of a multi-million pound business you should have the skills to handle the media properly. I think it is a far criticism of Deadwood that he can't. They may be 'quips' as may the Lamela 'que?' comment but it shows how poor his reading of the situation are. And to compare the Bale scenario to Liverpool and Suarez is just apples and oranges. We weren't underpaid for Bale and no one offered Liverpool a market value for Suarez.

It is Deadwood creating excuses for why the team has underperformed this season, which he is as much at fault with as AVB, and not taking the blame himself.

The sooner the door swings shut on his **** the better.

I think as the public face of a multi-million pound business you should have the skills to handle the media properly. I think it is a far criticism of Deadwood that he can't. They may be 'quips' as may the Lamela 'que?' comment but it shows how poor his reading of the situation are. And to compare the Bale scenario to Liverpool and Suarez is just apples and oranges. We weren't underpaid for Bale and no one offered Liverpool a market value for Suarez.

It is Deadwood creating excuses for why the team has underperformed this season, which he is as much at fault with as AVB, and not taking the blame himself.

The sooner the door swings shut on his **** the better.

The way that he handles himself in front of the media is not to my taste either but I would struggle to think of a way that it has materially damaged the club, its reputation or affected performances. In fact, it would be easy to make the opposite argument that Sherwood playing the media game has given our team an easier ride in the press in the second half of the season.

I don't think that Sherwood did compare the Bale and Suarez situations last summer, I think that he just made an off hand joke. Sherwood did not say that we were under paid for Bale, the quote was:

His fee looks cheap now, if he is going to deliver them the European Cup – which it looks like he might – then that looks good business.

I think that the Liverpool thing is just a joke. He's got a loose tongue and can't help making a quip.

Shame for him, as it's a major, major flaw when it comes to top-level management. I cannot wait for the summer and the end of his self-serving chatter. Nothing has ever been his fault. He's never even remotely admitted that he has fallen short in critical areas. Sounds like his mentor. Roll on mid-May…
EDIT. Just saw your follow on post mate, and with regards to how he has disturbed the club's reputation with his endless waffle, anytime you do dirty laundry in public you tarnish all concerned. To my eye (and ear) he continues to do dirty laundry in public. There are obviously issues and he is unafraid to let everyone in on what they might be. Unacceptable to me.

EDIT. Just saw your follow on post mate, and with regards to how he has disturbed the club's reputation with his endless waffle, anytime you do dirty laundry in public you tarnish all concerned. To my eye (and ear) he continues to do dirty laundry in public. There are obviously issues and he is unafraid to let everyone in on what they might be. Unacceptable to me.

Can you give me an example of him airing his dirty laundry in public?

Can you give me an example of him airing his dirty laundry in public?

Whenever you take cheap shots at your chairman, whenever you take cheap shots at your players, you are airing dirty laundry in my opinion. Here's two examples in one story, complete with no culpability whatsoever (although it could be argued that 'we lack something don't we?' is getting close, however then it stops).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2577000/Tim-Sherwood-admits-Daniel-Levys-silence-deafening-Louis-van-Gaal-lined-Tottenham-manager.html

You will also be keenly aware of my personal 'D' day with regards to Sherwood and his 'behaviour'. It remains the final straw for me. Unacceptable and unforgivable. I am delighted it went no further, but that's only because the other party who could've been dragged into it didn't bite.

Whenever you take cheap shots at your chairman, whenever you take cheap shots at your players, you are airing dirty laundry in my opinion. Here's two examples in one story, complete with no culpability whatsoever (although it could be argued that 'we lack something don't we?' is getting close, however then it stops).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2577000/Tim-Sherwood-admits-Daniel-Levys-silence-deafening-Louis-van-Gaal-lined-Tottenham-manager.html

You will also be keenly aware of my personal 'D' day with regards to Sherwood and his 'behaviour'. It remains the final straw for me. Unacceptable and unforgivable. I am delighted it went no further, but that's only because the other party who could've been dragged into it didn't bite.

I think the criticism of the players there was warranted and long overdue. I think what he said is true and no different to what 90% of posters on here were saying. I didn't like the "silence is deafening" comment about his future in that interview though.

I think that part of the problem with Sherwood is that he is a very unpolished media performer (something that you picked up on very early in his tenure) and I think that he has a tendency to play to the audience.

One more question. Can anyone think of an example of a Spurs manager admitting that they got something wrong in recent history?

You got me going :lol:

Here's another glaring example of Timbo's inability to self-criticize, always blaming the players…

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1769096/spurs-boss-tim-sherwood-not-shirking-responsibility?cc=5901

And a recent example of the blinding man-management which can no longer be called a 'rookie mistake'…

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471075/Tim-Sherwood-sends-warning-to-Tottenham-players

In my view mate, he is only interested in covering his own ****. There's no need to announce to the world that under-achieving players won't pkay. That's his JOB! Yet he continues to treat them like children in the media. It's wreckless in my opinion. Further, when asked about Bale, why on earth go on and on about it being a 'mistake' to sell Bale? I don't think anybody would've thought it was a great idea to sell him, and I don't think anybody did. So what purpose does it serve? For me, again, none other than another bit of info to deflect from himself…

I tried mate, but he sealed the deal for me a couple of weeks ago. Oh how I wanted to be wrong and for my 'give him a chance optimism' to be vindicated.

I think the criticism of the players there was warranted and long overdue. I think what he said is true and no different to what 90% of posters on here were saying. I didn't like the "silence is deafening" comment about his future in that interview though.

I think that part of the problem with Sherwood is that he is a very unpolished media performer (something that you picked up on very early in his tenure) and I think that he has a tendency to play to the audience.

One more question. Can anyone think of an example of a Spurs manager admitting that they got something wrong in recent history?

I agree 100%, I think they needed a kick up the ****, but for me, you do that behind closed doors ESPECIALLY as the 'new' manager. Fans will complain but I don't expect managers, especially new ones, to come out and do the same. Trying to score points with the world like that is cheap. Seductive at first, but cheap when the motives reveal themselves. It hasn't exactly got blinding performances from his players either to be fair, so I think we can conclude he was wrong to behave in such a way. I'd have expected his media polish to have got sharper and more discreet, instead he has simply used it to defend himself.

The most recent examples I can think of with regards to your final question were AVB admitting he was wrong about Dawson and 'got lucky' that he didn't leave, and also the same making sure that everyone understood his criticism of the Emirates Marketing Project away day included him and was not just aimed at the players. I cannot also ever remember seeing him call a player, or players, out in public. Even the Adebayor mess (which as you know I think was a colossal mistake on his part) was kept behind closed doors. That's what managers should do IMO...

I agree 100%, I think they needed a kick up the ****, but for me, you do that behind closed doors ESPECIALLY as the 'new' manager. Fans will complain but I don't expect managers, especially new ones, to come out and do the same. Trying to score points with the world like that is cheap. Seductive at first, but cheap when the motives reveal themselves. It hasn't exactly got blinding performances from his players either to be fair, so I think we can conclude he was wrong to behave in such a way. I'd have expected his media polish to have got sharper and more discreet, instead he has simply used it to defend himself.

The most recent examples I can think of with regards to your final question were AVB admitting he was wrong about Dawson and 'got lucky' that he didn't leave, and also the same making sure that everyone understood his criticism of the Emirates Marketing Project away day included him and was not just aimed at the players. I cannot also ever remember seeing him call a player, or players, out in public. Even the Adebayor mess (which as you know I think was a colossal mistake on his part) was kept behind closed doors. That's what managers should do IMO...

No it wasn't every newspaper in the country had pieces about Ade being forced to train with the youth team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uel-Adebayor-train-Tottenhams-youth-team.html

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/201...nuel-adebayor-must-train-with-the-youth-team/

Last edited:

Fair enough, you're right it was in the papers but AVB never once said anything over than it was to get his fitness back, etc. even if it was bull**** (I believe it was) he didn't rinse Ade out in public did he...

Back