• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

^^ Correct. If there were no top 4, we'd be league leaders, though:

Code:
Mini-league     P  W  D  L  F  A  GD Pt
---------------------------------------
Tottenham      26 18  5  3 46 21  25 59
Everton        27 17  7  3 46 22  24 58
Man United     25 16  4  5 53 24  29 52
Southampton    26 12  7  7 44 27  17 43
Saudi Sportswashing Machine      28 13  3 12 34 40  -6 42
Crystal Palace 28 11  4 13 24 31  -7 37
West Ham       27 10  6 11 33 29   4 36
Stoke          26  9  9  8 30 33  -3 36
Hull           26  9  6 11 31 27   4 33
Swansea        26  8  7 11 35 32   3 31
Norwich        29  8  7 14 23 34 -11 31
Fulham         26  9  3 14 28 48 -20 30
West Brom      27  6 11 10 32 39  -7 29
Cardiff        27  6  8 13 20 40 -20 26
Aston Villa    26  6  6 14 24 39 -15 24
Sunderland     26  5  7 14 21 38 -17 22

Which interestingly shows the effect of CL money and money doping in the league in an indirect way.

Interesting table. Amazing that we have a +25 GD and then Liverpool stick 9 past us, City have a net gain of 10, Chelsea 4 and l'**** with 2.

Am I the only one irritated by Sherwood going on again about how we miss Bale? Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious. And how the feck is that going to improve the confidence of the players we still have when he spouts out about the quality we have lost. It is one thing for us fans to do it but our manager? WTF? This guy really does not have a clue

I must have missed that Naija, how many times has he done that?

Am I the only one irritated by Sherwood going on again about how we miss Bale? Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious. And how the feck is that going to improve the confidence of the players we still have when he spouts out about the quality we have lost. It is one thing for us fans to do it but our manager? WTF? This guy really does not have a clue

he was asked about Bale in yesterdays press conference, the day after Bale scored the wonder goal that everyone is talking about......yes Sherwood spouts a lot of cr@p, but in this case he isnt guilty of anything. What he has said is normal imo. Relax man.

It was a little dig at Levy I thought, he's basically said that Madrid got good value for him (i.e we sold him too cheaply) and his last line was something like 'when someone offers that amount of money for a player that good it's very difficult to keep them. Unless you're Liverpool of course'

Not really sure why he's all of a sudden trying to flip things onto Levy, but my guess is he's a little bitter that he's out on his **** in the summer.

Think we've reached a new low on things to criticise Sherwood for now....

he was asked about Bale in yesterdays press conference, the day after Bale scored the wonder goal that everyone is talking about......yes Sherwood spouts a lot of cr@p, but in this case he isnt guilty of anything. What he has said is normal imo. Relax man.

but i'd agree that he should have just talked about bale without any reference to the current team's performance. i'm really doubting his fabled man-management skills.

but i'd agree that he should have just talked about bale without any reference to the current team's performance. i'm really doubting his fabled man-management skills.

Sorry but this is just getting stupid now, I guarantee if we had a more popular manager on board he would not be getting singled out for such quotes. It's like Sherwood isn't allowed to answer any questions truthfully at a press conference, or have his own opinion - even when its the very thing that's been said on here half the time. Ridiculous....

spitsoutdrinkcomingtoamerica-vi.gif

Sorry but this is just getting stupid now, I guarantee if we had a more popular manager on board he would not be getting singled out for such quotes. It's like Sherwood isn't allowed to answer any questions truthfully at a press conference, or have his own opinion - even when its the very thing that's been said on here half the time. Ridiculous....

In all honesty I think the only thing he has actually fully deserved all the criticism on here for is his pre/post match and general press conferences/interviews. I think a lot of the football stuff has been unjustified, but he does seem to continually make a *** out of himself in the press.

In this case, I don't think he's really said anything terribly bad, but I do find it strange that he seems to be having a bit of a dig a Levy.

In all honesty I think the only thing he has actually fully deserved all the criticism on here for is his pre/post match and general press conferences/interviews. I think a lot of the football stuff has been unjustified, but he does seem to continually make a *** out of himself in the press.

In this case, I don't think he's really said anything terribly bad, but I do find it strange that he seems to be having a bit of a dig a Levy.

Think that people are reading too much into this. I don't hear any criticism of the current team or Levy, I just think of it as a statement of fact. Who on here doesn't think that we would be a better team this season with Modric and Bale in the side?

[video=youtube;f0SfbSsjp9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0SfbSsjp9A[/video]

I would rather have a Manager stand up to Levy or any other Chairman than not. We criticise Levy, as fans, and im sure a Manager is just as ambitious as us fans so it would stand to reason that a Manager would be just as frustrated as us. I have no doubt that TS wants to succeed and wants the club to succeed but is frustrated at the drawbacks and it appears, as fans have mentioned in the past, that Levy's stubbornness and way of working is contributing to that.

Think that people are reading too much into this. I don't hear any criticism of the current team or Levy, I just think of it as a statement of fact. Who on here doesn't think that we would be a better team this season with Modric and Bale in the side?

[video=youtube;f0SfbSsjp9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0SfbSsjp9A[/video]

Am in work, so can't watch that, but I read quotes this morning;

"The decision to sell Gareth was made by all parties," Sherwood said. "It was the one Tottenham decided they wanted to go with. Look at Modric as well. You would like to be able to keep all of your best players but sometimes it's not possible.

"The speculation around Gareth was rife – it went on for nearly as long as the speculation surrounding me. He certainly dealt with it and, to be fair, I think he wanted to go. Once a player wants to go, it is very difficult to keep him. Unless you are Liverpool"

To me the bit in bold is a little bit of a dig at Levy no? Basically saying Liverpool had a player at a similar level but they had the balls to keep hold of him. Before everyone comes in screaming with 'BUT LIVERPOOL DIDN'T GET OFFERED 80MIL', Sherwood said earlier in the interview "His fee looks cheap now" which is essentially saying we let him go for too little.

Maybe I'm reading into it a little too much, but just got that impression (unless of course he was mis-quoted by the paper)

I would rather have a Manager stand up to Levy or any other Chairman than not. We criticise Levy, as fans, and im sure a Manager is just as ambitious as us fans so it would stand to reason that a Manager would be just as frustrated as us. I have no doubt that TS wants to succeed and wants the club to succeed but is frustrated at the drawbacks and it appears, as fans have mentioned in the past, that Levy's stubbornness and way of working is contributing to that.

When I say I find it strange that he's having a dig at him, I don't mean I don't want any manager standing up to him. I just mean that it seems a bit pointless in TS's situation to do so at this stage.

He wasn't even managing when the club sold Bale so if he can say stuff like "this squad aint my players" as he did after the Arsenal game, he can simply say "Bale was a great player and it was great that he played for us when he did but he's gone now and we all have to move on" or something similarly innocuous.

To me the fact he mentions Liverpool he seems to be doing his usual 'not-me-guv' speak to deflect from his own failings. Perhaps he'd like to lament the fact we sold Berbatov as well?

Anyway, who cares. He's digging his own grave and will no doubt be out on his ear soon enough..

A more popular manager probably wouldn't take every opportunity to comment on every little thing in the press for his own gain though!

Add to that the clear agenda he has to discredit the club/chairman he'll shortly be leaving, claiming he cannot rely on some players, the emotional meltdown after the Chelsea game, baulking at the idea of top 4 even though as Everton have shown some togetherness can get you far, the general way he sets up his team - 442 against Benfica effectively killed us and he wouldn't or couldn't change it! Conceding early goals again and again and again.

He is obviously being given advice from old HR the motor mouth.

Am in work, so can't watch that, but I read quotes this morning;

"The decision to sell Gareth was made by all parties," Sherwood said. "It was the one Tottenham decided they wanted to go with. Look at Modric as well. You would like to be able to keep all of your best players but sometimes it's not possible.

"The speculation around Gareth was rife – it went on for nearly as long as the speculation surrounding me. He certainly dealt with it and, to be fair, I think he wanted to go. Once a player wants to go, it is very difficult to keep him. Unless you are Liverpool"

To me the bit in bold is a little bit of a dig at Levy no? Basically saying Liverpool had a player at a similar level but they had the balls to keep hold of him. Before everyone comes in screaming with 'BUT LIVERPOOL DIDN'T GET OFFERED 80MIL', Sherwood said earlier in the interview "His fee looks cheap now" which is essentially saying we let him go for too little.

Maybe I'm reading into it a little too much, but just got that impression (unless of course he was mis-quoted by the paper)

Course the fee was cheap cos as I predicted last summer we wouldn't reinvest the money on anyone anywhere close to the quality of bale modric vdv or even Ledley king.

Really not worthy of criticising Sherwood for that. And I don't think the players give a **** if their manager said 'if we had Bale we may have 15 more points'. They probably agree. It's stating the flipping obvious!

Back