• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Ok the players may have interpreters - would they understand what Sherwood would say as team talk and tactics ? Oh to be a fly on the wall. We are a drama club, not a football club. LOL

I don't think you need a PhD in charades to get across 'run about a bit'.

Hopefully someone a bit smarter and multi-lingual like Verts might start taking on some of the tactical responsibility.

Football is strange though. Rodgers failed/was extremely average with 2 clubs before getting Swansea promoted at the first time of asking playing excellent football in a way nobody thought possible with limited players. After one PL season he's given Liverpool a good chance of getting back into the CL for the first time in 4 years.

I think football has a strange "right place, right time" aspect to it when you consider some managers and success. Owen Coyle at Burnley, shoite since, Holloway sacked from Leicester and then takes Blackpool up, Pulis pretty average lower league record then takes Stoke up, Rogers sacked from jobs before and takes up Swansea.......There are numerous others that defy football logic....

I think football has a strange "right place, right time" aspect to it when you consider some managers and success. Owen Coyle at Burnley, shoite since, Holloway sacked from Leicester and then takes Blackpool up, Pulis pretty average lower league record then takes Stoke up, Rogers sacked from jobs before and takes up Swansea.......There are numerous others that defy football logic....

Indeed. And the one thing we can say is that hopefully by having the foundation of Baldini is that we are recognising that the manager isn't the only key to success, a number of other things have to be set up right too.

Looking at our fixtures, I predict that we'll go on a run of good games in december that will turn most people positive towards Sherwood.
Then reality of our situation will hit in january when we face a lot of tough teams, which will fire up a debate about him again.

I'm slightly optimistic on timmy as he always sitting in seat 99 row 99 with his mate Les so gets a good birdseye view of the game - so should have built up a good understanding of how to play the game.

Bringing in Sherwood could be the death knell that could tip against Daniel Levy. He should think very carefully about his next (13th) managerial appointment.

I don't think managerial experience is the cure of all ills. Harry had lots of experience. AVB had won trophies. Ramos was seen as highly rated across Europe. Jol had performed well at a smaller club before coming to us. They've all had experience in one way or the other and all ultimately failed to get us where we want to be.

I am absolutely gutted it didn't work with AVB, but since he's gone I just think Sherwood is the guy. The key to making a club work is having everyone pulling in the same direction and it seems like AVB was too much of his 'own man' to work with Levy. Add Joe Lewis into that equation and rather than having a typically strained 2-way 'DOF/Head Coach' relationship that pulled Jol and Commoli apart, we actually had a 5 way 'Owner/Chairman/DOF/Head Coach/Technical Coordinator' all pulling in different directions and stagnating the progress of the club.

If Sherwood is highly rated within the club, can work under the constraints Lewis provides, with the players Levy judges as good value and who Baldini judges as the right ones technically, then the club may finally be pulling in the same direction and getting on with what they want to achieve. I would prefer it works with AVB because I think he had huge potential, but there has to be a reason Sherwood is so highly rated in the club and maybe the fact that he knows England well will serve him well.

There is no manager out there I feel would come in and work with the ridiculous expectations this board has set themselves. If Sherwood wanted the opportunity, he's got it. He should now prove himself and justify his presence.

great post, I have no axe to grind with Sherwood and am looking forward to seeing what he can do over the next couple of games.

I don't think you need a PhD in charades to get across 'run about a bit'.

Hopefully someone a bit smarter and multi-lingual like Verts might start taking on some of the tactical responsibility.

Do you have anything to base assumptions about his coaching ability on and if he is such a totalling neanderthal what is he doing with Chris Ramsey as part of his set up, who is by all accounts a highly capable and progressive coach?

I'm not sure how I feel about Sherwood being very very successful for us, which is bizarre. Probably won't happen though!

Too many preconcieved ideas based on assumptions and likes/dislikes of Sherwood on here for my liking.

Well, It might be a blessing for everything regarding these background figures. These guys genuinely believe they know THFC inside out. They've had plenty of time to sit in their seats to witness whats going on, on the pitch.

If they come in and completely **** up the rest of the season, then they get shown the door too. Then we get to build aaaaaaall over again.

Last edited:

Well, It might be a blessing for everything regarding these background figures. These guys genuinely believe they know THFC inside out. They've had plenty of time to sit in their seats to witness whats going on, on the pitch.

If they come in and completely **** up the rest of the season, then they get shown the door too. Then we get to build aaaaaaall over again.

My feelings entirely and it was the only positive I could draw from Pleat's half a season in charge.

I think we do need to get behind Sherwood now, I was reading Marcotti's article earlier and he said that with us, the new man will be expected to work with the squad that he has been given and not demand money for new players.

Since Sherwood was supposedly part of this committee that signed these players when AVB didn't want them, so we may as well give the job to him. He's close to Levy, seems to be in agreeance with him and maybe it will be less combustible than AVB. It's all we can hope for.

=D>

Commoli was on tsport this morning stating that Tim is an excellent interim measure and should give us enough time to decide what sort of club we want to be..... what are our core values going to be? what playing style do we want to implement? which managerial candidate is out there that could work with our board???

he basically said Levy should take his time on this and that Tim was a safe pair of hands in his opinion.....

I must admit I am curious to see how we get on in our next 4 games.....I think if we struggle Levy will go for Hoddle.

I read a document online that someone linked here a while back, a coaching paper written up by Ramsey and Inglethorpe regarding how to play 433 and how placing the ownership of the team on the players worked by making them work out how to pick the lock. The drills encouraged the players to think about how to beat the opposition and not how to use the system to beat the opposition. The formation was really the best suited to providing the most movement and passing options. Anyway, it was impressive reading and I'm glad Ramsey is playing a part right now, I don't know enough about Sherwood the coach to pass judgement on him so I won't say a thing.

Would really like to read this document if anyone is able to find it.

I don't understand where this pre-conceived notion that Sherwood is clueless comes from, surely none of us could really know either way? It's not like he's managed anyone in the past

Am I missing something?

I don't understand where this pre-conceived notion that Sherwood is clueless comes from, surely none of us could really know either way? It's not like he's managed anyone in the past

Am I missing something?

its just hysteria being whipped up by a certain few with Gutter being the main foghorn

Sherwood might work, who knows, even someone illiterate and gobby like Redknapp managed to do better at Spurs than a lot more fancy and cerebral previous managers.

im fully behind Sherwood. There is no way the football can be any more turgid to watch than under AVB.

Back