• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Very ****ney 'innit'. I dont mind. Beats ****ing dimensions.

=D> bit of passion there too

football is such a fcuking simple game after all. A ball, you have to kick it, run around, score more goals than you concede. No need for powerpoints, for 1000 page dossiers, talk about parallel dimensions](*,)

Even Pardew is more of yid than Sherwood.

Sherwood has undermined at least two of our managers, constantly ****ged us off on as a pundit, was a ****e guttless player for us (watch Mark Hughes playing out of position own him in midfield in the league cup final) and has an Arsenal tattoo.

So just because he played for Spurs he can't say what he thinks as a pundit? That was back in 2007-2008. I'm sure you've done way more ****ging off of our tactics/purchases down the years.

I suspect that Sherwood will be very effective because any footballing professional with half a brain could mould such good players into an effective team.
Time to put some money on us winning a Cup this season?

Very ****ney 'innit'. I dont mind. Beats ****ing dimensions.

c0ckney!?!?

im more c0ckney than he is - he's from St Albans!
(granted so am i - but, er, the first few weeks of my life were in London :-")

he sounds relaxed and like he will back the players.
i did like him saying "well, not a bad team is it" in response to the team after injuries, maybe he will have that Redknapp kind of impact - don't focus on coaching the hell out of systems, give the players a structure and allow them a bit of freedom to do their jobs (but like having a micro manager at work vs a manager that empowers their staff)

I have no reason to **** off Tim Sherwood, and the amount of alleged and beside-the-point venom that he gets on here is childish and disrespectful. If a poster here has proof that backs up claims of him being an undermining, backstabbing devil yearning for spurs relegation - then by all means pass this information on to the media. I am sure you will be generously rewarded for your clearly front-page worthy stories. Oh, and I'd like a picture of his gooner tattoo while you are at it.

However, he has done nothing to suggest that he should be in charge of £400m worth of talent. Having him in place as head coach for the rest of the season is a massive, massive gamble. I can not imagine Levy being that reckless.

Bottom line for me: Indifferent to him as caretaker for a couple of weeks, but fully expect him to be back with the U21s before new years eve.

Read about it a while ago. Wormtounge was a complete prick to Freund about the Carling Cup final - briefing against him and making Graham drop him. Freund hasn't spoken to him since.

He's been retained because he has other friends/patrons, but very noticably isn't working with Tim Not Nice But Dim on Wednesday.

'Wormtongue' as you refer to him didn't play in the Carling cup final and Freund did , If you are going to make stuff up at least get your facts right.

Last edited:

Even Pardew is more of yid than Sherwood.

Sherwood has undermined at least two of our managers, constantly ****ged us off on as a pundit, was a ****e guttless player for us (watch Mark Hughes playing out of position own him in midfield in the league cup final) and has an Arsenal tattoo.

Arsenal tattoo? where is the proof? He certainly is more of a yid than AVB

'Wormtongue' as you refer to him didn't play in the Carling cup final and Fruend did , If you are going to make stuff up at least get your facts right.
Sherwood did play in the final and was awful along with the rest of the team

Are you getting your final mixed up?

Sherwood did play in the final and was awful along with the rest of the team

Are you getting your final mixed up?
I was thinking 99 as Gutter boy referred to Graham, if he was referring to the one we lost against Blackburn in 2002 then Hoddle was manager and yes I am getting mixed up due to Gutterboys unfactual BS

Last edited:

My view is that somebody has to step up in the interim so Sherwood is probably the only call at this stage. He should be made aware that he is strictly interim untill a more 'permanent interim' appointment can be made untill the summer. Then see how it goes whilst looking at out options.

It's no secret that some spurs legends support Arsenal. Its the way of the world

As did carragher, Owen, fowler and Gerrard support Everton iirc

I worked as a senior member of tescos but I still shopped at sainsburys cos I'm hardcore :()

I don't give a **** who anyone supports providing they do the best they can to do the job their paid for

Surprised Freund didn't get the call.

Either way, I'll support Sherwood until he gives me reason to do otherwise.

"We have to get out there on the front foot and we have to impose ourselves on them as soon as we can during the game."

Yep i'm sold.

I suppose the thinking behind the Sherwood appointment is that he appears to be the most senior and will garner more respect over the next option available.

The best thing to do is save judgement on Sherwood until he has at least taken charge of the West Ham game. Personally, I am not feeling optimistic, but am willing to reserve judgement and wait to see what happens. Whether people on here like him or not, whether he has leaked to the press or not, whether him and Freund share Christmas cards or not is immaterial now.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/17/tim-sherwood-tottenham-west-ham-capital-one-cup

Tim Sherwood ready for fiery Tottenham baptism against West Ham
Interim Spurs manager has plenty on his plate as his team prepare for the Capital One Cup quarter-final against West Ham

For Tim Sherwood, it is the fieriest of baptisms. The 44-year-old former England midfielder and Premier League-winning captain has never previously managed a professional team. Now he takes charge of Tottenham Hotspur, one of England's top five clubs over the past four seasons, in a grudge Capital One Cup quarter-final against West Ham United at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night.

Tottenham are resolved to avenge the 3-0 home defeat they suffered to West Ham in the Premier League on 6 October, a result that saw the visiting manager, Sam Allardyce, delight in having his tummy tickled over his tactical acumen and André Villas-Boas begin to feel the unravelling of his White Hart Lane tenure. The end for the Portuguese manager came on Monday morning, after Sunday's 5-0 desperate home loss to Liverpool.

Revenge, though, is merely a part of the plot. Sherwood has been confirmed as Villas-Boas's interim successor but only while the chairman Daniel Levy and the sporting director Franco Baldini cast the net for a bigger name to take on the job in the longer-term.

Nobody can say how long that process will take and, by extension, how long Sherwood will enjoy his elevation. Several candidates have been discussed but there would be difficulties in appointing one of them mid-season. Frank de Boer, for example, who has his admirers in the Tottenham boardroom, would be loth to leave Ajax as they chase a fourth consecutive Eredivisie title.

The impression given is that the club would love Sherwood to do well and so buy them time; ideally, until the summer, when rival managers might be more receptive to an approach and a new challenge. But there are no certainties and, for the players, this is a curious time.

When Villas-Boas told them before training on Monday that he had become the eighth Tottenham manager to be sacked by Levy since 2001, they wanted to know where the club was going; what would be the permanent solution. Players, in general, are a resilient breed, capable of knuckling down in a variety of circumstances, and the smart money would be on Tottenham bouncing back with a performance against West Ham. Yet there is nonetheless concern in the dressing-room over what might happen next.

There are two readings to Sherwood's promotion. The first is underpinned by joined-up-thinking and no little romance. Having been brought into the first-team coaching set-up on a part-time basis by the former manager Harry Redknapp in October 2008, he has worked to establish himself and to obtain his coaching badges - he completed his Uefa A and B licenses under the auspices of the Football Association of Wales.

Here is a former Tottenham captain who has returned to graft his way through the ranks. He is gifted and extremely well regarded by the hierarchy. When Blackburn Rovers wanted to appoint him as their manager in October 2012, Levy blocked the approach. Sherwood was even under consideration to become Tottenham's sporting director before Levy turned to Baldini last summer.

He has a keen eye for a player and his opinion is respected in professional circles. Redknapp, who is now at Queens Park Rangers, has taken Andros Townsend and Tom Carroll on loan from Tottenham on Sherwood's recommendation. Redknapp had appointed him, together with Les Ferdinand, another ex-Tottenham player, because he wanted to give opportunity to young English coaches. It is often said that homegrown talent is overlooked for the top Premier League posts and so Tottenham's faith has to be commendable.

The alternative reading to the drafting in of Sherwood as the club's manager takes in words like "gamble" and asks searching questions. Given his lack of a track record, how many superstar players would want to sign for him during the January transfer window? Given his elevation from the youth set-up, how many of the first-team squad can truly look at him and see their boss? Many of the younger ones will not remember his playing days, when he lifted the Premier League trophy with Blackburn in 1995 and won three England caps.

Sherwood must get results, find an attractive style of play, appease Baldini by getting more out of the club's expensive summer signings and restore morale in general. All this, as he operates on a game-to-game basis.

Everybody at Tottenham wanted Villas-Boas to succeed, and there was plenty to like about his debut season, when the players bought into his carefully-structured training sessions and scientific approach. But this season has been a disappointment, as he struggled to integrate new signings and ended up frustrating many of the players.

Some were sad to see him go and believed there was still something in him for Tottenham, particularly if he could have made tweaks to his methods. Others were not so sure.

His treatment of Emmanuel Adebayor left the Togolese and his teammates bewildered. Adebayor had travelled to Hong Kong with the squad in pre-season only to learn of the death of his brother and, unsurprisingly, allowed it to affect his attitude. When Villas-Boas was made aware of the situation, he gave his blessing to the club's decision to grant the striker compassionate leave. But when Adebayor returned to work, he was sent to train with the reserves.

Villas-Boas felt that Adebayor's fitness, which was behind the other first-team players, who had moved onto a different programme, would be better improved with the reserves. There was logic to the theory yet little human feeling.

Thereafter, when Adebayor returned to the first-team group, it felt to him as though Villas-Boas was always looking for a reason not to play him, despite the clamour from Baldini and sections of the squad for him to switch to two up front. Adebayor, who has appeared only once this season – as a substitute in the 6-0 defeat at Emirates Marketing Project – is among the squad's best-paid players. Levy came to have a problem with that.

Villas-Boas was not afraid to chop and change players, which blurred the line between healthy competition and unease. Christian Eriksen was dropped after his poor performance against West Ham; Jermain Defoe was unhappy to be left out for Liverpool, after two decent Premier League starts; Aaron Lennon was mystified to be substituted against Manchester United after running Patrice Evra ragged.

The gripes went on. Jan Vertonghen, the centre-half, is known as 'Superman' at the training ground after a goal celebration in which he looked ready to rip open the front of his shirt. "Hey, Superman," his teammates have teased. "How's it going at left-back?" Vertonghen has not been amused. Younes Kaboul, Mousa Dembélé, Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli and Gylfi Sigurdsson have wondered about their place in the scheme of things.

Sherwood took training on Monday and Tuesyesterday and has attempted to "get a few messages across in a short space of time." He will miss the injured Vertonghen, Sandro and Kaboul against West Ham, plus the suspended Michael Dawson and Paulinho.

Welcome to the mad house.

Seems like we're bouncing from one extreme to the other lately.

Whilst I disagree with the opinion that AVB over thinks football, I really don't think that the solution is someone who (from what I've seen on TV) is incapable of thinking.

Back