• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

There are a number of teams in Europe who bring through youth coaches as managers and alot of them seem to work out.

I suspect that most of those teams start with a youth coach that can spell his own name.

Does anyone think that Sherwood might be more likely to promote some of the kids?

Most of the better ones (Ceballos, Pritchard etc) are out on loan. Not sure whether we would have put January recall provisions ni their agreements

Why would we promote the kids when our squad is already ridiculously big? We have spent mega bucks on this team.

The hatred for Sherwood is incredible! Not my favourite player by a long shot however there is no way of knowing how he'd be as a manager. All should be irrelevant anyway as the club tweet yesterday implied that we're already talking to the new guy so cant see Sherwood being in charge beyond the weekend

I think we do need to get behind Sherwood now, I was reading Marcotti's article earlier and he said that with us, the new man will be expected to work with the squad that he has been given and not demand money for new players.

Since Sherwood was supposedly part of this committee that signed these players when AVB didn't want them, so we may as well give the job to him. He's close to Levy, seems to be in agreeance with him and maybe it will be less combustible than AVB. It's all we can hope for.

The hatred for Sherwood is incredible! Not my favourite player by a long shot however there is no way of knowing how he'd be as a manager. All should be irrelevant anyway as the club tweet yesterday implied that we're already talking to the new guy so cant see Sherwood being in charge beyond the weekend

Some fans are expecting some world class manager to walk through the door and i'm afraid that is not going to happen.

Some fans are expecting some world class manager to walk through the door and i'm afraid that is not going to happen.

That has no impact on Sherwood - he'll be manager for a couple games and then someone permanent will come in. He wont be getting the job full-time

That has no impact on Sherwood - he'll be manager for a couple games and then someone permanent will come in. He wont be getting the job full-time

unless we have some really impressive wins, that always seems to give the incumbent caretaker an advantage

it does normally return to mean though so I hope Levy doesn't bite to early

I think we do need to get behind Sherwood now, I was reading Marcotti's article earlier and he said that with us, the new man will be expected to work with the squad that he has been given and not demand money for new players.

Since Sherwood was supposedly part of this committee that signed these players when AVB didn't want them, so we may as well give the job to him. He's close to Levy, seems to be in agreeance with him and maybe it will be less combustible than AVB. It's all we can hope for.

May as well give the job to someone with no real managerial experience?!? Sherwood is fine for the next week, after that we'll have someone more permanent in. I cant believe that Levy would risk things by appointing someone who hasnt managed a team before

May as well give the job to someone with no real managerial experience?!? Sherwood is fine for the next week, after that we'll have someone more permanent in. I cant believe that Levy would risk things by appointing someone who hasnt managed a team before

Sherwood has no experience yet a lot of people want Freund to take over :/

I raised it in here before AVB came in and during Harry's reign.... I heard it from several senior figures at the club that Sherwood was destined for big things at Spurs

I couldn't fathom out why but they were adamant and that included Ossie Ardiles, Donna Cullen and Mike Rollo all within the space of a month making those comments

He is now getting a sniff of a chance and you can't argue that youth teams aren't doing well under him... But it's a different league completely were talking about now

Either way we have to support the team whoever is in charge as much as we can

Sherwood has no experience yet a lot of people want Freund to take over :/

If I have to choose from two people with no managerial experience (let's ignore anything Freund may have learned as part of the German setup) I'd rather the one that didn't **** off Spurs in his spare time.

I'd also prefer the one that can string a sentence together.

I don't think managerial experience is the cure of all ills. Harry had lots of experience. AVB had won trophies. Ramos was seen as highly rated across Europe. Jol had performed well at a smaller club before coming to us. They've all had experience in one way or the other and all ultimately failed to get us where we want to be.

I am absolutely gutted it didn't work with AVB, but since he's gone I just think Sherwood is the guy. The key to making a club work is having everyone pulling in the same direction and it seems like AVB was too much of his 'own man' to work with Levy. Add Joe Lewis into that equation and rather than having a typically strained 2-way 'DOF/Head Coach' relationship that pulled Jol and Commoli apart, we actually had a 5 way 'Owner/Chairman/DOF/Head Coach/Technical Coordinator' all pulling in different directions and stagnating the progress of the club.

If Sherwood is highly rated within the club, can work under the constraints Lewis provides, with the players Levy judges as good value and who Baldini judges as the right ones technically, then the club may finally be pulling in the same direction and getting on with what they want to achieve. I would prefer it works with AVB because I think he had huge potential, but there has to be a reason Sherwood is so highly rated in the club and maybe the fact that he knows England well will serve him well.

There is no manager out there I feel would come in and work with the ridiculous expectations this board has set themselves. If Sherwood wanted the opportunity, he's got it. He should now prove himself and justify his presence.

Ok the players may have interpreters - would they understand what Sherwood would say as team talk and tactics ? Oh to be a fly on the wall. We are a drama club, not a football club. LOL

I don't think managerial experience is the cure of all ills. Harry had lots of experience. AVB had won trophies. Ramos was seen as highly rated across Europe. Jol had performed well at a smaller club before coming to us. They've all had experience in one way or the other and all ultimately failed to get us where we want to be.

Appointing someone who's only been in a 'technical director' type role or whatever Sherwood is and with no management experience would be a huge risk. Its like your gas boiler breaking at home and you calling in an electrician to fix it because its kind of the same sort of job (ie manual and repairing home stuff). I'd rather us appoint someone who has actually been a manager before rather than someone who has just worked in football in another capacity

Appointing someone who's only been in a 'technical director' type role or whatever Sherwood is and with no management experience would be a huge risk. Its like your gas boiler breaking at home and you calling in an electrician to fix it because its kind of the same sort of job (ie manual and repairing home stuff). I'd rather us appoint someone who has actually been a manager before rather than someone who has just worked in football in another capacity

Football is strange though. Rodgers failed/was extremely average with 2 clubs before getting Swansea promoted at the first time of asking playing excellent football in a way nobody thought possible with limited players. After one PL season he's given Liverpool a good chance of getting back into the CL for the first time in 4 years.

Logic would dictate Swansea needed a Warnock or a Pulis to get them out of the Championship, but the right man for them was someone well versed in the possession foundations that had been established. Maybe the right guy for us is someone well versed in the ludicrous 'don't spend any money net but expect a title challenge' expectations we have established.

In all seriousness, Sherwood is seen as a good coach and we need a coach rather than a manager. He has been involved in building this squad. He works well with Levy and seemingly has worked well with Baldini. I think we could do a heck of a lot worse, and I don't really see another option for us to be honest.

Back