• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood -Your Manager! 18 month contract confirmed!

Nope - I'm not going to another match nor giving the club another penny of my money till this cretin is gone.

Think I might go and start watching Harlequins instead or something.

You'll feel right at home; it's bloody difficult to get to, it's dull to watch and the atmosphere stinks ;)

At least those foreign manager's would have managed a team before!!! Levy presumably knows his cleaner - why not appointed him/her?

ffs man everyone has to start somewhere.... we have given a young english coach a chance......a coach that wants us attacking and bringing through youth......

if it goes tits up for us you can remember this and I will hold my hands up but why for the love of love cant you just be willing to give him a chance??

Those three were all inheriting strong teams. TS is inheriting a mass of good players but NOT a good team. We need an experienced manager to knit those players into a team

Do we really???? I think we need someone to get the best out of the players and to get the best payers on the pitch in their right positions

I've seen plenty of older heads make mistakes and not click with their teams. Like wise we have all seen young upstarts rock the boat and cause a revolution

It's out of our hands as fans and he gets the chance he wanted

One thing is for sure it won't be boring

exactly the same as every foreign sexo name manager then....a gamble, a punt, nothing is certain in this life...I think this is a relatively low risk deciscion.....Levy knows him.

Agreed. I do hope everyone gets behind him now...

Not far off at all…if we change in the summer he will get his full terms though mate.

Even if that is the case, it will still only be one seasons salary and I am guessing that he is on the lowest wages of any manager that we have had since Jol.

It's a terrible decision, since when did a club with champions league ambitions become a "learn on the job" project?

No way he's going to even last 18 months, we will be lucky if we get rid of him before summer, otherwise he's likely to **** up two seasons.

I don't think we'll be lucky at all. If we don't get top 4, I'm sure Levy will not care about moving him on at all.

why is it so staggering?????? he has worked with our youth for 5 years....highly respected by people like Redknapp(hired him) & levy.....it certainly is a brave deciscion....bit I ask you.....who is available NOW????? answer= no one

Staggering because he's never managed a team before.

Look - say things over the next 4-6 weeks show that he wont be a success....then what? It would be apparent that he'd be replaced in the summer, so what happens next? We sack Sherwood in late Jan or early Feb? Keep him despite things falling apart?

Also, Hugo Lloris didn't grow up supporting Spurs, must be why he lets all those goals in, he hates the club.

---------

This isn't a dig at you, but, people need to get a grip. We've hired a young, English coach, who for whatever reason is highly rated. If he gets us to 4th place I really want some people to apologize for their attitudes or just leave this place.

It doesn't matter if he's got Arsene's face tattooed on his ballbag for all I care.

Certainly like this about the appointment. And I agree, not bothered if he supported Chelsea,West Ham,Woolwich,etc: as long as he has our best interests at heart.

b/t/w I think you can change your avatar too now

why is it so staggering?????? he has worked with our youth for 5 years....highly respected by people like Redknapp(hired him) & levy.....it certainly is a brave deciscion....bit I ask you.....who is available NOW????? answer= no one

Mate, honestly, Hoddle is a better decision than Sherwood.

You do realize this guy has never managed a club right? not even championship level, if he succeeds, I'll honestly question if managers have any impact at all.

The next thing is retaining and attracting players, who the **** wants to come play under Sherwood?

You really think the club couldn't find a single manager with 5/10/15 years experience? at the salaries we pay managers (our manager is usually close to highest paid in PL)

This, said it before (as have others) is a ****ing punt, completely unprofessional and would have caused a **** storm if we were still a PLC.

Well I did say this about 3 years ago after we had played Villa away and drew 1 all. Someone from the club told me then he was destined for big things at spurs.... The I had that confirmed by various other senior figures and ex players and I was stunned

I'd heard the same

This decision has hurt me less than I thought, partially because I feel I've been sufficiently softened up for it by the previous week or so. My expectations have been plunged to Gross levels! Literally.

So this…well, this is not the worst for me. I've expressed my thoughts on Sherwood, but we shall see…I'm just going to get behind him now, because frankly, if I spend the rest of the season moaning about it then I do it all to myself! He's here, he's OUR manager and IMO WE should essentially just lump it for now and see WTF happens!

Having made what I consider to be the wrong decision in sacking AVB, I think Daniel Levy has done the right thing in appointing Tim Sherwood as our permanent (whatever that means!) manager.

Sherwood was being groomed as a future Spurs manager and his chance has come sooner, rather than later.

I just hope that all Spurs fans will now get behind him and fully support our new manager.

Oh... and as for never managing a club before, neither did Bill Nicholson or Keith Burkinshaw.

ffs man everyone has to start somewhere.... we have given a young english coach a chance......a coach that wants us attacking and bringing through youth......

if it goes tits up for us you can remember this and I will hold my hands up but why for the love of love cant you just be willing to give him a chance??

Why should we be the learning ground? Why not start in the lower leagues and then, if he shows ability, then get a good job. He could easily be a disaster and us need to sack him in a couple months

This surely proves that Levy and Baldini didn't see the end for AVB coming, and somewhat corroborates the story that AVB had a chance to save his job on Sunday and chose not to take it.

I think Sherwood will do well. Promotion of lesser known coaching staff from within clubs often works on the continent. It's also silly to totally dismiss the good things Harry has always said about him, and also I suppose Baldini now too. Top 4 and he gets the full 18 months, anything less and we're looking again in the summer. I'm reasonably optimistic - with the league so tight a few wins on the bounce and we're right up there.

Well I'm backing Tim. Maybe appointing someone who has been at the club at few years and knows how things work is the way to go. No huge upheaval of coaching staff etc To dare is to do and all that :)

Based on yesterday, we may well see a few other U21s make the bench a few times. Seeing Bentaleb get a massive of confidence from the new boss must give all the other youngsters a big boost knowing if they show GHod enough form they have a better chance of a shot.

Staggering because he's never managed a team before.

Look - say things over the next 4-6 weeks show that he wont be a success....then what? It would be apparent that he'd be replaced in the summer, so what happens next? We sack Sherwood in late Jan or early Feb? Keep him despite things falling apart?

exactly the same if LVG comes here and has 2 points from 8 games or something.......

Adam what manager is available now????????? its a good deciscion and we have room to manouvre in summer if it doesnt work.

Levy had to do something for the good of the club.

I think some of you need to get your head out of the gutter (not aimed at you GB - but no pun intended although I think its ****in hilarious my joke - you cant teach that ****e)

Give the guy a ****in break. I gave AVB a break.

Having made what I consider to be the wrong decision in sacking AVB, I think Daniel Levy has done the right thing in appointing Tim Sherwood as our permanent (whatever that means!) manager.

Sherwood was being groomed as a future Spurs manager and his chance has come sooner, rather than later.

I just hope that all Spurs fans will now get behind him and fully support our new manager.

Never going to happen mate.

And worse, not only do I feel I have a manager that is a walking dead man, but for the first time (mentioned in Levy thread), I honestly feel the club is clueless, Levy has no ****ing idea what he's doing.

Back