• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood -Your Manager! 18 month contract confirmed!

I've actually just been a little bit sick. Not like retching, but it rose up into my mouth.

Wow, I didn't expect this so soon. A huge gamble, indeed - but seen from another perspective, he's been in the club for a long time, knows the club and the players, the youth setup, and won't cost us heaps of money in terms of compensating for taking him from another team. A complete gamble, but a brave one I'd say. Let's try something new.

Thats just it - its a complete gamble. There is absolutely no FACT which you can use as the basis of thinking that he'll make a decent manager. Its a complete punt

exactly the same as every foreign sexo name manager then....a gamble, a punt, nothing is certain in this life...I think this is a relatively low risk deciscion.....Levy knows him.

Really **** scary times in a way if I'm honest. I'm not totally against it and my initial reaction was a bit happy but I have to say that this HAS to be the biggest gamble we have ever amde and if it doesn't pay off then we're gonna look like absolute mugs, also people will be laughing already because its proof that every target we went for rejected us.

Over all I'm actually quite scared about this appointment, could go horrifically wrong this, go really really bad.

No, it is proof that no one wanted to leave current position mid-season or before the WC. I still think he will be gone in the summer unless he gets 4th or a trophy and he might go even then if a big boy has been lined up for August.

Not sure if is a gamble. Can't see us getting sucked in to relegation fight so if he does better than expected, Levy looks a genius. If he keeps us where we are now(euro league or thereabouts) or if we slip to proper mid then he is gone and we have LdV or someone lined up with the reputation to keep the big names happy for another year. And to be honest if we free fall that much then no ones reputation will be looking that good so Madrid will shop somewhere else for once.

Don't like the appointment but I can see why I think Levy went for it

Personally, I dont give a sh1t about who he supported 30+ years ago. What i care about is that we've given someon an 18 month contract as our new manager despite him never having managed a team before. Utterly gobssmacking

There's every possibility that there is a break clause in the summer and we can get rid of him for peanuts if targets aren't met. The length of contract could just be presentational to make it look like a vote of confidence and to give him further authority over the squad.

Even if Little Timmy was playing hardball and saying that he wanted it long-term or not at all, I dont see why we wouldnt have called him bluff and gone for Hoddle or someone else in the interim. Unless he's on a relatively low salary, in which case we can just fire him in teh summer unless he does well and appoint a proper manager....

Can understand getting him on the short-term...but 18 months?

Because given the turbulence, Glenn (as much as I love him) would be a gamble given his prior communication issues. Sherwood represents some continuity, and that is what the squad needs right now. They're familiar with him, his ways and his views, there will be no surprises to the squad at all. I think it's the only short-term thing he could've done TBF mate...

Van Gaal at Ajax, Guardiola at Barca, Dalglish at Liverpool.

Flop, after flop, after flop.

Those three were all inheriting strong teams. TS is inheriting a mass of good players but NOT a good team. We need an experienced manager to knit those players into a team

Van Gaal at Ajax, Guardiola at Barca, Dalglish at Liverpool.

Flop, after flop, after flop.

Because Daglish and co took over struggling under achieving teams or took over stable, established sides that had proven pedigree?

Thats just it - its a complete gamble. There is absolutely no FACT which you can use as the basis of thinking that he'll make a decent manager. Its a complete punt

Biggest gamble we have ever made IMO

If he turns out to be the man we will progress but if not then we will lose some seriously good players who will be off like a *****s pants and we will drop down the table

It could go either way but it's ballsy and it's worked elsewhere at various times

I'd like him to get an experienced head or two into his staff

Massive, massive gamble. Let us pray that it is one of the rare gambles that end up paying off.

Timmy, It's Timmy
He's the little lamb with a lot to learn
Timmy, It's Timmy
He's a handful of trouble at every turn

yep....time to get behind the team peeps

Nope - I'm not going to another match nor giving the club another penny of my money till this cretin is gone.

Think I might go and start watching Harlequins instead or something.

I think we all will...but that doesnt change the fact that its a staggering decision and a gamble

why is it so staggering?????? he has worked with our youth for 5 years....highly respected by people like Redknapp(hired him) & levy.....it certainly is a brave deciscion....bit I ask you.....who is available NOW????? answer= no one

As has already been mentioned, I think this 18 months malarkey is nonsense. Either we make the top 4, or not.

If not, Sherwood is gone, but trousers a modest payoff.

If so, then he's likely to be offered a longer term deal.

exactly the same as every foreign sexo name manager then....a gamble, a punt, nothing is certain in this life...I think this is a relatively low risk deciscion.....Levy knows him.

At least those foreign manager's would have managed a team before!!! Levy presumably knows his cleaner - why not appointed him/her?

Nope - I'm not going to another match nor giving the club another penny of my money till this cretin is gone.

Think I might go and start watching Harlequins instead or something.

I shall try and rise above my anguish and battle on.

There's every possibility that there is a break clause in the summer and we can get rid of him for peanuts if targets aren't met. The length of contract could just be presentational to make it look like a vote of confidence and to give him further authority over the squad.

I sincerely hope thats tight

Those three were all inheriting strong teams. TS is inheriting a mass of good players but NOT a good team. We need an experienced manager to knit those players into a team

Because Daglish and co took over struggling under achieving teams or took over stable, established sides that had proven pedigree?

I'm not sure what you're both trying to say.

You're saying that if, hypothetically, Dalgish had got Liverpool relegated, it's okay because they were a good team? It doesn't matter, it's about the ability of the coach. Not one jot about how good the team is that they're taking over.

Not far off at all…if we change in the summer he will get his full terms though mate.

Back