• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood -Your Manager! 18 month contract confirmed!

I wonder if we will get media praise for hiring English? Our PR Dept needs to get cracking and fast!!!!!!!!

…you will have thus followed, with interest I'm sure, my comments recently. I have long heard the same as you. It's really something…leaves me curious, sceptical and also wondering whether this means he

a) has compromising photos of someone or
b) actually has the ability AND balls to do what others have been unable to do with this club because of how he is and what he believes…

We shall see...

I heard it from .... Ardiles, Jamie. Redknapp, mike Rollo, Donna Cullen, Martin chivers, the bald headed security guard at the west stand and another one there two... And some other ex players I can't remember

They all said it so it's been in board as an idea for a very long time

18m deal, just so he doesn't have the title interim manager, he is gone in the summer, then lvg to take over.

I like this. A Tottenham man, who knows what is expected. And English. After all, our last English manager did ok.

He's actually a gooner...

Tottenham Hotspur caretaker boss Tim Sherwood has admitted he's an ARSENAL fan.

In a video shot prior to Andre Villas-Boas' axing last week, Sherwood reveals that he was a Gooner as a child, and that his dad still goes to the Emirates EVERY WEEK.

"I’m an Arsenal fan as a kid," he says. "My dad still goes to the Emirates every week."

And if that wasn't enough he adds: "I would love to see them do well.”

Even if Little Timmy was playing hardball and saying that he wanted it long-term or not at all, I dont see why we wouldnt have called him bluff and gone for Hoddle or someone else in the interim. Unless he's on a relatively low salary, in which case we can just fire him in teh summer unless he does well and appoint a proper manager....

Can understand getting him on the short-term...but 18 months?

In a video shot prior to Andre Villas-Boas' axing last week, Sherwood reveals that he was a Gooner as a child, and that his dad still goes to the Emirates EVERY WEEK.

"I’m an Arsenal fan as a kid," he says. "My dad still goes to the Emirates every week."

Also, Hugo Lloris didn't grow up supporting Spurs, must be why he lets all those goals in, he hates the club.

---------

This isn't a dig at you, but, people need to get a grip. We've hired a young, English coach, who for whatever reason is highly rated. If he gets us to 4th place I really want some people to apologize for their attitudes or just leave this place.

It doesn't matter if he's got Arsene's face tattooed on his ballbag for all I care.

Really **** scary times in a way if I'm honest. I'm not totally against it and my initial reaction was a bit happy but I have to say that this HAS to be the biggest gamble we have ever amde and if it doesn't pay off then we're gonna look like absolute mugs, also people will be laughing already because its proof that every target we went for rejected us.

Over all I'm actually quite scared about this appointment, could go horrifically wrong this, go really really bad.

Toon fan here - I come in peace and, as a fellow victim of rubbish Chairmen, sympathy.

Conspiracy theory:

Part 1:
Spurs not looking like title-contenders

Part 2:
AVB doing/saying 'something' to the press/Levy which angered the board
Unplanned SACK

Part 3:
Spurs decide to take their time on finding a long-term replacement
Appoint an interim
Interim considers the desperation of his employers and holds them to ransom on a contract

Part 4:
Sherwood signs 18-month contract, enabling him a shot at the big-time and a guaranteed severance pay

:-k

Also, Hugo Lloris didn't grow up supporting Spurs, must be why he lets all those goals in, he hates the club.

---------

This isn't a dig at you, but, people need to get a grip. We've hired a young, English coach, who for whatever reason is highly rated. If he gets us to 4th place I really want some people to apologize for their attitudes or just leave this place.

It doesn't matter if he's got Arsene's face tattooed on his ballbag for all I care.

Personally, I dont give a sh1t about who he supported 30+ years ago. What i care about is that we've given someon an 18 month contract as our new manager despite him never having managed a team before. Utterly gobssmacking

---------

Yeah I mean Robbie Kenae supported every club in the league as a kid but it didnt stop him scoring against them.

I heard it from .... Ardiles, Jamie. Redknapp, mike Rollo, Donna Cullen, Martin chivers, the bald headed security guard at the west stand and another one there two... And some other ex players I can't remember

They all said it so it's been in board as an idea for a very long time

Right.

I can see his head going bang with the ego. If this is true then that is shocking.

Really **** scary times in a way if I'm honest. I'm not totally against it and my initial reaction was a bit happy but I have to say that this HAS to be the biggest gamble we have ever amde and if it doesn't pay off then we're gonna look like absolute mugs, also people will be laughing already because its proof that every target we went for rejected us.

Over all I'm actually quite scared about this appointment, could go horrifically wrong this, go really really bad.

Thats just it - its a complete gamble. There is absolutely no FACT which you can use as the basis of thinking that he'll make a decent manager. Its a complete punt

yep....time to get behind the team peeps

It's a terrible decision, since when did a club with champions league ambitions become a "learn on the job" project?

No way he's going to even last 18 months, we will be lucky if we get rid of him before summer, otherwise he's likely to **** up two seasons.

Thats just it - its a complete gamble. There is absolutely no FACT which you can use as the basis of thinking that he'll make a decent manager. Its a complete punt

Now just gonna have to wait and see.

Like I said today, he knows all the youth players but it is still a huge gamble.

Personally, I dont give a sh1t about who he supported 30+ years ago. What i care about is that we've given someon an 18 month contract as our new manager despite him never having managed a team before. Utterly gobssmacking

Van Gaal at Ajax, Guardiola at Barca, Dalglish at Liverpool.

Flop, after flop, after flop.

Back