• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Nobody forced AVB to:

* continuously start Invisibilinho every game despite ****e performances.
* Not playing Ade.
* Playing Eriksen one week and then dropping him the next before playing him again.
* Watch Lamela put in a motm performance and then drop him again. Not giving him minutes to get used to the speed of the premiership...totally mistreated.
* Play it safe with Chadli on the left and instructing him to play it safe. The Chadli now is a totally different player.

Talk and talk about all the new signings but a good manager is smart enough to know how to use them. AVB failed miserably in that regards so let's hope the new manager is smart enough to bed them in the right way.

not at all surprised by the news today but a little by the timing.. Champs league is about a 1% chance at this point but it's still odd.

Sure we scored 5 today, but we were playing with no holding/deep-lying midfielders let alone defensive one. We just threw caution to the wind against a terrible Sunderland side and it worked out thanks to Eriksen. The possession, passing, creativity, linkup play, and spacing was all poor.

Most of the match our formation resembled a blob more so than anything close to a 4-4-2/whatever other formation you could make up. it was just 11 players running around a bit.

There is good and bad in both halves of the season and results are pretty much identical under both managers. All this is academic though because Sherwood is only a stop gap and we only have another handful of games with him at the helm. If there was a serious chance of him being in charge next season, his record and where he might want to take the team should be under a lot more scrutiny.

IF my theory is proven correct with regards to today, then I think there can be little doubt as to what sort of operator he is...

not at all surprised by the news today but a little by the timing.. Champs league is about a 1% chance at this point but it's still odd.

Sure we scored 5 today, but we were playing with no holding/deep-lying midfielders let alone defensive one. We just threw caution to the wind against a terrible Sunderland side and it worked out thanks to Eriksen. The possession, passing, creativity, linkup play, and spacing was all poor.

Most of the match our formation resembled a blob more so than anything close to a 4-4-2/whatever other formation you could make up. it was just 11 players running around a bit.

Superbly put. It was exactly this. Still, I will give Sherwood credit for Kane tonight and Bentaleb this season...

‏@gstobart Hi my name's Greg and I'm a media terrorist

@Marky_Simmo was probably Jamie Redknapp and Sherwood leaking a story to make the media feel sorry for him...

@gstobart Perceptive observation...

‏@gstobart Hi my name's Greg and I'm a media terrorist

@Marky_Simmo was probably Jamie Redknapp and Sherwood leaking a story to make the media feel sorry for him...

@gstobart Perceptive observation...

Indeed...but we knew didn't we mate? I mean, it was clear to me the moment I saw it!

How does Sherwood's ppg compare to the other managers we've had? Statto?

Indeed...but we knew didn't we mate? I mean, it was clear to me the moment I saw it!

Interesting, I first heard about it from this Tweet

[TWEET]453156508092862465[/TWEET]

He's being saying for a few weeks that it is not working. I (naively) thought that this gave the story a little credence.

I cannot see Levy taking kindly to it if the story can be traced back to Sherwood and if a bunch of chancers on a message board can do it then the Spurs press office should be able to get a lot more info.

statistically irrelevant but you can bet your **** it would be more than relevant if it didn't favour him.

People can claim all sorts of things but half a season is too short a period to read too much into the stats.

I was looking at Tims body language, when they asked who leaked the story!
He did look away from the camera.

g1321598923295556508.jpg

KD, can't you see how terrible our play is?? I mean there are moments of brilliance in there and some are decent moves involving half the team but most of it is down to individual talent. This is why against the better teams in the league we look out of our depth. Watch our movement from a goal kick to the full back for instance. The ball goes forward then gradually backwards until in the end the full back finds himself boxed in and has to lay it back to Lloris to thump forward. I'm willing to give credit to the other teams pressing but simple movement from the players on the pitch to create the correct options is all that's needed and this is something I would expect to see coached into a team over the course of four and a bit months.

There are multiple areas all over the pitch where the players movement is poor, where two players run to the same space or where players aren't in the right positions at all to cause the opposition defence a head ache. I am not a defender of AVB nor am I anti Sherwood because he wears a gillet and was an Arsenal fan. I am a football fan and I expect to see basic things done by the team I support. I'm not asking for tiki taka or Wengerball, just a well constructed team that plays football. I don't think at this stage of his career TS is the man to do this.

PS: The after game interview went exactly how I expected. Sherwood played hard and fast with the interviewer and used it as a platform to promote himself.

Last edited:

KD, can't you see how terrible our play is?? I mean there are moment of brilliance in there and some are decent moves involving half the team but most of it is down to individual talent. This is why against the better teams in the league we look out of our depth. Watch our movement from a goal kick to the full back for instance. The ball goes forward then gradually backwards until in the end the full back finds himself boxed in and has to lay it back to Lloris to thump forward. I'm willing to give credit to the other teams pressing but simple movement from the players on the pitch to create the correct options is all that's needed and this is something I would expect to see coached into a team over the course of four and a bit months.

There are multiple areas all over the pitch where the players movement is poor, where two players run to the same space or where players aren't in the right positions at all to cause the opposition defence a head ache. I am not a defender of AVB nor am I anti Sherwood because he wears a gillet and was an Arsenal fan. I am a football fan and I expect to see basic things done by the team I support. I'm not asking for tiki taka or Wengerball, just a well constructed team that plays football. I don't think at this stage of his career TS is the man to do this.

PS: The after game interview went exactly how I expected. Sherwood played hard and fast with the interviewer and used it as a platform to promote himself.

tickle my balls with a feather. Sherwood has a decent PPG this season and so, actually, has AVB. In fact, the team are 6th on 59 points with a run of relatively easy games to finish the season. Hardly the disaster on paper that this season seems to many.

But its when you watch the team play that the real pain lies this season. We have so much individual talent, but as a collective, its practically non-existent. It's like we have been relying on individuals to do something for ages. Both AVB and Sherwood have proven absolutely incapable of constructing a TEAM. Even in AVB's first season the football was terrible, but we relied on Bale turning into a force of nature. There was no team, it was Bale and 10 strangers.

We've just beaten Sunderland 5-1 but a lot of that was down to Eriksen producing moments of individual quality. At various times under Sherwood we've mainly relied on Eriksen's set-up play and Adebayor's finishing to win us games. There is little or no structure to our play and against the good teams, our lack of tactical training and set up has been exposed time and again.

Back