• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

When I asked the same question to Scara earlier on in this thread, if I recollect the answer was that a new coach should realistically be given a full pre- season, a reasonable budget to bring in his own players and set his own tactics, team and shape. On that basis, it won't be until the middle of next season that it would be fair to judge ANY new managers credentials for the job.

Personally, I would certainly give him to the end of this season to see if we can get some idea of his team and strategy. If no stellar alternative option is available in the early summer, I would persevere until the middle of next season allowing him to shape the sort of squad he wants. Then and only then can a fair assessment be made of whether he is up to the job IMO.

AvB got 18 months, two pre-seasons and about 11 new players.

You're massively misquoting me.

IIRC I said that this many new players would need 6 months at least to settle in (nothing to do with the manager) and that I would expect to see signs that a method/style of play was taking shape by the end of the season. I would then give the manager next season to perfect it.

These players had their 6 months under AVB (and played better than they are now during that period!) and so we should be seeing a clear plan/style/something for the future.

What I'm seeing is a man too arrogant to realise that management is probably a bit too much of a stretch for him right now, blame being shifted from his slopy shoulders to our players and an attempt to try everything and see what works (often in just one match).

I see no value added from Timmeh. In fact, I see the opposite.

IIRC I said that this many new players would need 6 months at least to settle in (nothing to do with the manager) and that I would expect to see signs that a method/style of play was taking shape by the end of the season. I would then give the manager next season to perfect it.

These players had their 6 months under AVB (and played better than they are now during that period!) and so we should be seeing a clear plan/style/something for the future.

What I'm seeing is a man too arrogant to realise that management is probably a bit too much of a stretch for him right now, blame being shifted from his slopy shoulders to our players and an attempt to try everything and see what works (often in just one match).

He has sadly shown a massive inability to deal with pressure…I must admit, I laughed when Steve Kean's name was raised a couple of months ago. Whoever said that, step on up, because they only thing wrong in that comparison is that Kean never lost his rag badly despite relentless pressure...

Irrespective of the particular manager, I was in fact correct that you would give a new manager a MINIMUM of i8 months before judging them.

Lets try a different tact. After how many games this season, were you proud of the team and enjoying being a Spurs supporter? Given that we were equally ****e against the top four under both managers, I would say under TS, the following games gave me joy and happiness:

1.Scoring three goals and winning at Soton
2. Scoring three goals and winning at OT
3. Scoring three goals and beating Stoke well
4. Scoring four goals and winning well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
5. Coming back from two down, to score three goals against Soton
6. Beating a very good Everton side
7. Winning against Dnipro at home to go through to the last 16 of the EL
8. Getting a very creditable draw in Benfica with a patched up side against a very good European team

Even if we ignore Europe, that is six games for a Spurs fan to cheer.

Under, AVB, I am struggling. Perhaps you can help me out?

Has he been sacked yet ? Or is the trainwreck carrying on for another week ??

The atmosphere at WHL for our remaining home games is going to be horrific. Hopefully Levy will see sense and act soon

I said a few weeks ago that he is a blend of vanity and managerial naivety.
We all (I hope) recognise that the occasional ranting half-time team talk will get a result or a performance, especially against a team who are weaker on paper, but what yesterday showed me is that he really doesn't know what he's doing.

What some don't seem to get is that even if he goes in early May and is then replaced after the World Cup by a name, unless we announce that ASAP after the season ends, because we are now likely to finish 6th or 7th, there is in all probability going to be something of a player exodus. Can you REALLY see the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro etc wanting to stay??

This whole season has been a disaster. We all knew it'd be hard without Bale but we signed £110m of 'talent' and, with the exception of Eriksen, for me they've been pretty woeful. It's a shame there is a World Cup because we need a new manager in on June 1st and a massive re-appraisal.

Last edited:

The atmosphere at WHL for our remaining home games is going to be horrific. Hopefully Levy will see sense and act soon

The atmosphere is down to us the fans. This is the only thing we CAN control. Clearly the players are (right or wrong ) on a low and if we dont want to see us damaged further we need to be as loud as possible.

Has the poisonous cretin and his dodgy coaches been told to **** off yet? What was with all the rumours he hit someone?

Irrespective of the particular manager, I was in fact correct that you would give a new manager a MINIMUM of i8 months before judging them.

Let's just continue on this one before changing tack shall we?

The initial 6 months of settling in has already happened - with the players playing at least as well (if not better) during that settling in period than they are now.

So the next 6 months (of which we are nearly at an end) is where I said we should see some attempt at a system, the raw basis of something coming together and a method the players can all learn. That's not to say this method will be complete or successful yet, but we should see the basis of some groundwork being laid down (or "The Sainsburys next door" as it's known in Spurs parlance).

As I've already said, I'm not seeing that - it's just not happening. The only person who seems to have less of a clue about our formation/approach/tactics than our players is our manager.

Lets try a different tact. After how many games this season, were you proud of the team and enjoying being a Spurs supporter? Given that we were equally ****e against the top four under both managers, I would say under TS, the following games gave me joy and happiness:

1.Scoring three goals and winning at Soton - Yay we beat a midtable team.
2. Scoring three goals and winning at OT - Played well there but didn't we score 2? Same as West Brom, Stoke and Fulham.
3. Scoring three goals and beating Stoke well - As we should
4. Scoring four goals and winning well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Playing less well than when they beat us. In one match Krul is a hero in the other he gives us 3 goals, them's the breaks
5. Coming back from two down, to score three goals against Soton - Yay, there's that midtable yardstick again
6. Beating a very good Everton side - We deserved to lose that match. Thought you didn't like grinding out wins?
7. Winning against Dnipro at home to go through to the last 16 of the EL - Wow, the yardstick has now become a micrometer. We beat FC pigfarmer from the **** end of nowehere to go through to a meaningless stage of an even more meaningless competition.
8. Getting a very creditable draw in Benfica with a patched up side against a very good European team - Plucky losers. Like Stoke. And Palace. And Fulham.

Answers in bold.

Still not sure why you need to bring up AVB in order to try and defend Timmeh - our current (is he still here?) incumbent fares poorly in comparison to a manager that was coping with 7 first team players adapting to the country/league. Now they're settlled the YTS boy can't get a string of passes out of them, let alone results.

Has the poisonous cretin and his dodgy coaches been told to **** off yet? What was with all the rumours he hit someone?

I might not be Sherwoods biggest fan, but him punching someone sounds like someone trying to stir up ****.

He's here until the end on the season, the rides not over yet.

I might not be Sherwoods biggest fan, but him punching someone sounds like someone trying to stir up ****.

He's here until the end on the season, the rides not over yet.

Just one last humiliation. Losing to West Ham for the third time this season.

I did say in the summer that finishing below Liverpool should be a sacking defence

well it looks like Mourinho, Pellegrini, Wenger and Martinez will be shown the door then

Let's just continue on this one before changing tack shall we?

The initial 6 months of settling in has already happened - with the players playing at least as well (if not better) during that settling in period than they are now.

So the next 6 months (of which we are nearly at an end) is where I said we should see some attempt at a system, the raw basis of something coming together and a method the players can all learn. That's not to say this method will be complete or successful yet, but we should see the basis of some groundwork being laid down (or "The Sainsburys next door" as it's known in Spurs parlance).

As I've already said, I'm not seeing that - it's just not happening. The only person who seems to have less of a clue about our formation/approach/tactics than our players is our manager.

Answers in bold.

Still not sure why you need to bring up AVB in order to try and defend Timmeh - our current (is he still here?) incumbent fares poorly in comparison to a manager that was coping with 7 first team players adapting to the country/league. Now they're settlled the YTS boy can't get a string of passes out of them, let alone results.

You make reasonable points at times, but you totally undermine your own points by this 'absolutely everything is Timmeh's fault' attitude.

If you apply the same logic to AVB as you are applying to Sherwood then the only conclusion you can feasibly come to is that they are just as bad as each other. Let me put it into context;

If we had started the season with Sherwood you would be blaming our bad results on him because he signed a bunch of players that could never have hit the ground running. You would claim that 'YTS' had no previous experience, so how could an amateur like him ever have known what it takes for a player to settle quickly in a premier league, that back when he won it, required everyone to go on the pitch after a packet of fags and 6 whiskeys and the best fighter in the changing room was first name on the team-sheet.

So, although at times the points you make regarding TS are sensible and understandable, you completely under-mine them by making it so obvious that they are driven by your hatred for him as a person.

He's the new Phil Brown. Be doing half time team talks in the centre circle so we can all see his passion. Absolute clown, an embarassment.

I think he should be looking at himself,we're going backwards,we were fighting for a top three spot two years ago now we be struggling for a top 8 spot this time next year,he was the one who sacks people and employs people,he should use the same judgement on himself.

You make reasonable points at times, but you totally undermine your own points by this 'absolutely everything is Timmeh's fault' attitude.

If you apply the same logic to AVB as you are applying to Sherwood then the only conclusion you can feasibly come to is that they are just as bad as each other. Let me put it into context;

If we had started the season with Sherwood you would be blaming our bad results on him because he signed a bunch of players that could never have hit the ground running. You would claim that 'YTS' had no previous experience, so how could an amateur like him ever have known what it takes for a player to settle quickly in a premier league, that back when he won it, required everyone to go on the pitch after a packet of fags and 6 whiskeys and the best fighter in the changing room was first name on the team-sheet.

So, although at times the points you make regarding TS are sensible and understandable, you completely under-mine them by making it so obvious that they are driven by your hatred for him as a person.

Had the season started that way I'd have been very vocal in my dislike for him, but had he shown a system (even one that needed work), I'd have at least waited to see how that worked out. He's been here long enough to have something like that in place, instead he just flounders about shouting and throwing stuff, playing everyone out of position, and using whatever formation pops into his tiny little mind. If he gets any more out of control then I think someone on the touchline will have to duck a dirty protest.

1.Scoring three goals and winning at Soton
2. Scoring three goals and winning at OT
3. Scoring three goals and beating Stoke well
4. Scoring four goals and winning well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
5. Coming back from two down, to score three goals against Soton
6. Beating a very good Everton side
7. Winning against Dnipro at home to go through to the last 16 of the EL
8. Getting a very creditable draw in Benfica with a patched up side against a very good European team

I love how 'beating a very good side' 1-0 in a scrappy game we hardly deserved a point is something you laud TS for but if it was a certain previous manager that had done that you would have called it 'turgid' :lol:

Back