• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three In And Three Out, Who Will It Be?

Players on loan can be recalled during the next transfer window.

Thanks. Yeah I've just looked this up and that's right, but the second part of the sentance is "only then if there is a recall option in the loan agreement". So you'd assume we put in one of these.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Ade and Paulinho at the club in Febuary, Ade will refuse to move due to wages and I still think the club will wait on Paulinho to see if he rediscovers some form.

Out
Capoue
Dembele
Chiriches

In
J Rod
Mitrovic
Schneiderlin

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Ade and Paulinho at the club in Febuary, Ade will refuse to move due to wages and I still think the club will wait on Paulinho to see if he rediscovers some form.

Out
Capoue
Dembele
Chiriches

In
J Rod
Mitrovic
Schneiderlin

Ade can sign a pre-contract with a foreign club in January, so we might be left just negotiating an early release fee, like we paid for Holtby.

One potential buyer though might be QPR. Would paying say £3-4m for him now (even though he'd be free in the summer) be worth the risk if he helps keep them up. It's a Redknapp type of deal.

Ade can sign a pre-contract with a foreign club in January, so we might be left just negotiating an early release fee, like we paid for Holtby.

One potential buyer though might be QPR. Would paying say £3-4m for him now (even though he'd be free in the summer) be worth the risk if he helps keep them up. It's a Redknapp type of deal.

Looking at the news reports when he signed there's nothing on how long his contract is, but I would be surprised if it was only for 3 years.

Ade can sign a pre-contract with a foreign club in January...

Almost certain I read somewhere that Adebayor's contract runs until June 2016. Could be wrong on that, but if it's the case then we have another year paying his wages. I suspect if we want to get rid of him, we will need to offer him on a free transfer and agree to pay 25-30K per week for a year to supplement his wages. What's more - I'd be happy to see that happen.

EDIT: Well not happy. You know what I mean... I'd be willing to see that happen because I don't think he will ever regain anything close to his best form, so we can either pay £100k per week, use up a squad slot and have a potentially disruptive player in the dressing room. Or we can pay £30k per week and free up that slot for someone else who actually wants to work hard for the club. If those are the only two options (and right now I imagine they are) then I'll take Option 2 every time.

Last edited:
I don't get why everyone is so certain Chiriches will go. I think Poch can work with him and bring out his best. I'd take him over Kaboul any day - he's finished.

Press reports that say he has already agreed terms with Roma?

He has a very proactive agent forever putting out stories in the press. He may fancy the move, but if we decide to keep him he'll go nowhere. He's got a lot going for him and personally I think it would be a mistake to let him go. Dier is totally untried at this level as a centre back and, like I said, Kaboul is a walking disaster who we should flog for whatever in January. Any injuries could leave us dangerously short of CBs.

haha, so bogus .. however, if it was true, Levy should break the bank to get him back, guaranteed success.

The point is that at least 80% of rumors in the papers are just journalists speculating/making **** up and the rest of them come from agents looking for a payday.

Like this one: IF De Gea goes to Real Madrid, then United MIGHT want Lloris as his replacement.

Headline will of course be how LVG is already plotting a 25 million swoop or something.

Redknapp will go for Defoe not Ade.

Out:
Chiriches
Ade
Paulinho

In:
Konoplyanka - we need pace in attacking areas. Out of contract soon so cheap
Moreno - decent CB, gettable, and not pricey
A CF to provide cover for Soldado

I think Jay Rodriguez or someone in that mould should be brought in for Ade. If what we saw against Everton is how we are gonna play in the future, then we need someone who can cover both the Kane and Soldado role.

I think Jay Rodriguez or someone in that mould should be brought in for Ade. If what we saw against Everton is how we are gonna play in the future, then we need someone who can cover both the Kane and Soldado role.

I'm not sure about the Kane role from Sunday (i.e. a #10), but Rodriguez is adept in both the Soldado role (CF) and the Chadli one (LWF).

I think he'd bring some well-needed pace and directness to our attack, but he's smarter than similar players like Remy and Welbeck.

I don't want us to buy a player unless they're an absolute perfect fit for what we want, so no more of this buy now and figure out what to do with them later nonsense, those types only serve to block our talented youngsters from coming through. Signing someone like Moreno would just make me think well what the **** did we sign Fazio for then? I'd rather Veljkovic was brought back and given a chance.

I don't want us to buy a player unless they're an absolute perfect fit for what we want, so no more of this buy now and figure out what to do with them later nonsense, those types only serve to block our talented youngsters from coming through. Signing someone like Moreno would just make me think well what the **** did we sign Fazio for then? I'd rather Veljkovic was brought back and given a chance.

Not sure Moreno coming in would mean that the Fazio signing was pointless. Looking at our centre back options at the start of the summer I really don't think bringing in two centre backs over two transfer windows would be unreasonable. Big question marks over Kaboul, Dawson was sold and replaced, Chiriches not delivering, questions marks over Vertonghen's attitude and future at the club.

I agree with your overall point that we need players that are an absolute perfect fit (or at least a very good fit), quality not quantity. Someone more experienced in central midfield who is also very good on the ball. Schneiderlin, Cabaye (or arguably Carrick) could be vital. But bringing in someone that's not quite good enough could hurt the development of those younger players and I would rather just see us be patient with Masonleb.

Other positions someone to "fill the gap" might be more apt. Like many here I think replacing Adebayor might be a good idea. We don't necessarily have to replace him with a "perfect fit" player at this point in time, an option to Soldado and Kane could be valuable even if more of a squad player. Perhaps someone versatile like Jay Rodgriguez,

------------------------------------------

Out:
-Ade
-Paulinho/Dembele
-Vlad/Kaboul

In:
-Cabaye (arguably more likely than Schneiderlin)
-Moreno
-Some striker. Possibly one of those with expiring contracts mentioned in other threads.

Fazio replaced Dawson, Moreno will replace Kaboul, Dier will replace Chiriches. We make a profit, lower the collective age a dozen years, and hopefully end up with better players.

You need 4 CBs, and ideally 2 bigger powerful ones and 2 quicker more cultured ones. Fazio, Moreno, Verts and Dier would be an excellent CB line up IMO.

Moreno was THE outstanding defender at the world cup. And even though he's not old (26), he has Naybet-like assuredness and leadership qualities about him. He was Poch's captain from Espanyol (even though he was in his early 20s then) and would be an important lieutenant for him. He's also reportedly available for £5.5m because of his contract situation and Espanyol's financial problems.

Re Veljkovic, he's more the cultured type isn't he, so perhaps he's more being lined up as Verts' medium term replacement? I also read he's been becoming more of a CM than a CB?

Back