• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three In And Three Out, Who Will It Be?

It's more than 3 we need to move out.

Chadli
Paulinho
Capoue
Soldado
Townsend

Then in the summer

Lamela
Ade
One of Chiriches and Kaboul.

Chadli
Paulinho
Capoue
Soldado
Townsend

Then in the summer

Lamela
Ade

Don't think we could afford to get rid of Soldado & Chadli in January

Paulinho, Capoue, Townsend, Ade can go in January with very little impact to squad in my opinion
Lamela (if he doesn't kick on), both Vlad and Kaboul, Dembele can go in summer

The question might be if we brought in the right players in January, would putting Lamela back on loan in Italy make sense?

Why on earth you would get rid of Chadli I dont know...

He may have scored a few goals being in the right place at the right time but he has not impressed me overall. he scores a goal but what else does he do for the rest of the game?

He may have scored a few goals being in the right place at the right time but he has not impressed me overall. he scores a goal but what else does he do for the rest of the game?

He's direct, and looks a threat when he runs with the ball. But regardless, just scoring goals isnt something to be sniffed at - he's one of only about three players that seem to know where the back of the net is.

Only once we are a team capable of scoring goals all over the park can we question someone whose main output is scoring goals....

I agree with what your saying but the fact he does score for me makes him unsaleable and we really are lacking a goal scoring threat.

Chadli
Paulinho
Capoue
Soldado
Townsend

Then in the summer

Lamela
Ade

Will almost certainly be more than 3 that we'll be interested in hearing offers for.

My guess would be something like: Naughton, Kaboul, Vlad, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Townsend, Ade and Soldado.

I think who leaves and who stays out of that group (or one similar to it) depends most on the offers we get for the various players.

I would love to see us ship out one or two (preferably at least one midfielder) in the first week, even if it's just on loans. Don't wait around to the last day in the hope that buying clubs won't find value elsewhere.

I would love to see us ship out one or two (preferably at least one midfielder) in the first week, even if it's just on loans. Don't wait around to the last day in the hope that buying clubs won't find value elsewhere.

This too will probably depend on the kinds of offers we get, and of course which kind of incoming deals look likely.

Personally I wouldn't mind a bit of an exodus this January. 6-7 players leaving, raise funds for a couple of quality incoming players and make up the numbers with Pritchard, Carroll (if he can be recalled) and cheap-ish young players like Rabiot.

I can see at least two of Paulinho to Brazil, Capoue to France, or Dembele to lower prem being quite easy transfers to manage.

Getting rid of Ade and Kaboul will be the hard ones, as with short contracts they will have big wage demands of prospective new clubs

Chirches and Paulinho would be my bet for the first two out the door. There has been reported interest in both.

The playing time that Dembele gets would lead me to believe he's not done yet. He looks to be number 3 in the pecking order atm.

Chirches and Paulinho would be my bet for the first two out the door. There has been reported interest in both.

The playing time that Dembele gets would lead me to believe he's not done yet. He looks to be number 3 in the pecking order atm.

It seems to be: Bentaleb - Mason - Stambouli - Dembele - Paulinho - Capoue

It seems to be: Bentaleb - Mason - Stambouli - Dembele - Paulinho - Capoue

Yep, could be that but Dembele has been getting more playing time in the PL (as a sub mostly). Great that the two youngsters have jumped to the front of the queue but it is a big ask for them both to keep up that form all season. With Southampton's poor run and horrendous upcoming fixtures I wonder will Schneiderlin get itchy feet come January. Unlikely I guess but Paulinho + Capoue out and Schniderlin in would be ideal.

Yep, could be that but Dembele has been getting more playing time in the PL (as a sub mostly). Great that the two youngsters have jumped to the front of the queue but it is a big ask for them both to keep up that form all season. With Southampton's poor run and horrendous upcoming fixtures I wonder will Schneiderlin get itchy feet come January. Unlikely I guess but Paulinho + Capoue out and Schniderlin in would be ideal.

I think we'll definitely try and get rid of Capoue and Paulinho, while Dembele will depend on whether we get one of Cabeye/Rabiot/Schneiderlin in.

The only thing that might change that is that Dembele will have EPL suitors (Stoke, Soton), which might make him easier to sell for a decent fee. He's also older, on a shorter contract and has/d his hip issues, which might also see him jump ahead of the inferior Paulinho and Capoue in the exit queue.

I'd keep Dembele for the rest of the season. We can afford to lose Capoue and Paulinho, but Dembele can do a decent job in a few positions. Those two and one of Chiriches or Kaboul for me, with perhaps Ade and BAE.

Back