• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Wenger Song

This. Sunday matches have always been bad for atmosphere, and a this playing derbies early so we don't have time to get tinkled is ridiculous.

The two-bob cup has a further reaching effect than just tired players - Sunday matches are just brick. The sooner we jack in that pointless contest the better.

I'd do away with all PL Saturday games on tv full stop and just have one on Sunday at 3pm, one on Monday at 8.

WTF is wrong with that...Japs, so what

You can't say that. Brits is fine though.

Is orientals allowed ???

Who knows what is and what isn't these days.

Most people do.

As a rule, if the "people group" don't use the term themselves I'd avoid using it.

Brits, Aussies probably ok.
Yanks, Itis, Frenchies, probably not.

While times change and it can be difficult to remain 100% politically correct, people always appreciate effort and resent ignorance.

I genuinely just think we haven't got enough songs. 'Oh when the Spurs', 'COYS', 'We are Tottenham'... other than those 3 core ones, which ones do everyone know the words to etc?

I think we need to come up with some more, constantly repeating those 3 gets incredibly boring, hence less and less people singing them

We actually have a lot of songs. Jut don't sing em.

It doesn't matter what you sing. Just sing it loud and often!

I genuinely just think we haven't got enough songs. 'Oh when the Spurs', 'COYS', 'We are Tottenham'... other than those 3 core ones, which ones do everyone know the words to etc?

I think we need to come up with some more, constantly repeating those 3 gets incredibly boring, hence less and less people singing them

I remember posting a couple of years ago that Oh When The Spurs was becoming like the vuvuzela at the 2010 world cup, just a boring constant backing track. Obviously I used the comparison tongue in cheek to illustrate a point but are we any different from Liverpool or West Ham whom we constantly acuse of only having one song?

We actually have a lot of songs. Jut don't sing em.

It doesn't matter what you sing. Just sing it loud and often!

Do we? Maybe a few more sang half hearted (Oh it's a grand old team, hello hello, individual player songs), but I can't think of many more where you immediately think 'that's a Tottenham song'.

As much as I hate to say it, the likes of Man U, Liverpool etc have got a much larger repertoire than us.

Do we? Maybe a few more sang half hearted (Oh it's a grand old team, hello hello, individual player songs), but I can't think of many more where you immediately think 'that's a Tottenham song'.

As much as I hate to say it, the likes of Man U, Liverpool etc have got a much larger repertoire than us.

Add "Spurs are on their way to Wembley" for FA/League cups (and the uber rare CL campaign where the final is at Wembley!)

1 Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur
2 Ossie's Dream - Chas And Dave;80/81 Cup Final Squad
3 Hot Shot Tottenham - Chas And Dave;86/87 Cup Final Squad
4 Tottenham Tottenham - Chas And Dave;81/82 Cup Final Squad
5 Spurs Medley - Chas And Dave;81/82 Cup Final Squad
6 When The Year Ends In One - Chas And Dave;90/91 Cup Final Squad
7 The Victory Song - Chas and Dave
8 Nice One Cyril - ****erel Chorus
9 One Team In London - 81/82 Squad
10 The Tottenham Win Away - 81/82 Squad
11 We Are Tottenham - 81/82 Squad
12 Macnamara's Band
13 Tribute to Ardiles and villa
14 Tip top Tottenham Hotspur
15 Hot Spurs Boogie
16 Spurs
17 Up the Spurs
18 Spurs go marching on
19 Cry Gazza cry
20 Gascoigne please
21 Nice one Gazza
22 Ooh Gary Gary
23 Gary Lineker a young girls dream
24 Diamond lights
25 It's goodbye
26 Fog on the Tyne
27 All you need is love
28 Happy Christmas (war is over)
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 104578

This. Sunday matches have always been bad for atmosphere, and a this playing derbies early so we don't have time to get tinkled is ridiculous.

The two-bob cup has a further reaching effect than just tired players - Sunday matches are just brick. The sooner we jack in that pointless contest the better.
It doesn't matter when you play the bloody game if we up against those ****s. Saturday early kick-off or 3PM - Chelsea are arguably our biggest rivals at the moment, so the ground should be rocking with support. Yesterday was fudging dreadful. That being said, sunday games are toss.

Loads of time to get tinkled anyway, I cracked open my first can at 8.20 :)

We don't have enough songs, I agree. We have quite a lot of old songs, but at the end of the day those won't always be sung so we need to diversify.

But the thing is, if you try and get a new song going at a game people look at you like an alien. Even if you try and get a classic going like 'over land and sea' or 'we shall not be moved' - no-one is up for it. Football is boring now.

The thing I've noticed about the Lane is that bar the big nights/days, it simply has an air of entitlement and blasé about it. Generally speaking, people don't seem to particularly enjoy it more than they just 'go' because that's what they 'do'...add to that the fact that half the crowd is made up of people who really don't APPRECIATE the stadium, the tradition or the team, and you're left with a crowd that 'expects' to win 'every' game and gets fudged off at the slightest problem.

Away days are that. Days out. You get excited about it in the old skool way, it's a journey, it's about brick stops on the motorway, it's about pints before the game and signing loudly because you are outnumbered, it's about banter, it's about the vibe...I fudging LOVE the away days I manage to enjoy in a season, they are the lifeblood of my year!

The new stadium, with it's 'kop' should make a massive difference. I hope so. We need something like that.

I remember my first trips to the Lane in the early/mid 70s; wooden stands heaving and creaking under the thumping feet of 40-48,000 fans as the songs flowed freely and loudly...magic...

The new stadium, with it's 'kop' should make a massive difference. I hope so. We need something like that.
I don't think it will. What about Arsenal? I know Highbury wasn't exactly known as the most vibrant place (I've never been there myself so can't comment) - but The Emirates is also brick. Having a 'Kop' is all well and good, but that end will probably have more people in it than the Park Lane/Shelf corner - and as we all know if you have a lot of people spread over a large area it's hard for songs to get going.

There just isn't a singing culture in the top flight anymore, unless you're at away games - and even then it can rely on the team performing well. When you charge 50 quid for a ticket then that will happen.

I genuinely don't give a brick about the new stadium, unless they were to reduce ticket prices.

I don't think it will. What about Arsenal? I know Highbury wasn't exactly known as the most vibrant place (I've never been there myself so can't comment) - but The Emirates is also brick. Having a 'Kop' is all well and good, but that end will probably have more people in it than the Park Lane/Shelf corner - and as we all know if you have a lot of people spread over a large area it's hard for songs to get going.

There just isn't a singing culture in the top flight anymore, unless you're at away games - and even then it can rely on the team performing well. When you charge 50 quid for a ticket then that will happen.

I genuinely don't give a brick about the new stadium, unless they were to reduce ticket prices.

I see your points, but the main difference design-wise between our proposed stadium and the effeminates, is that at one end there will only be a single steep bank of seats, not tiers, whereas they have tiering all the way around. I hope we take the Dortmund or St.Pauli approach of using such a bank to whip it up...but I cannot deny a small side of me worries that you are right about the non-singing culture :-(

I see your points, but the main difference design-wise between our proposed stadium and the effeminates, is that at one end there will only be a single steep bank of seats, not tiers, whereas they have tiering all the way around. I hope we take the Dortmund or St.Pauli approach of using such a bank to whip it up...but I cannot deny a small side of me worries that you are right about the non-singing culture :-(
What about the Kop at Anfield? That's a section famed for its fans, yet in this modern day you can hear a pin drop if it's not the big games. Ours will be a bit bigger if built, I believe. The difference between us and Dortmund is that they are allowed to stand and sing - and this combined with cheap tickets creates a singing culture. This means that even when the Sudtribune is at reduced capacity for European games, there is still a terrific atmosphere. Large banners, flags, drums and instruments are banned at the Lane, leaving the fan experience rather bland and grey.

The supporters in this country don't have enough power. The Lane (or new ground) will never have a consistently good atmosphere without integration and backing from the club, authorities and stewards. That coupled with the Spurs 'faithful' to actually grow some balls and try singing some different songs, get behind the team no matter what scoreline and not expecting to be entertained.

I just can't see a new ground doing anything if the prices remain the same.

Back