• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Sabitzer is anything but a holding midfielder! He's more of a forward than a defensive midfielder. Creator, attacking midfielder, call it what you want, but he's not in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1!
I thought he had played as the more box to box player in a deep two, though obviously Leipzig play a different style to ours. Hence him being talked about as possibly being an upgrade on Sissoko for us. For what it's worth Harry Brooks seems to think that would be a position he could play.

If he can't play as one of the deeper two midfielders in our system signing him would only really make sense if Ndombele is ready to play deeper for us.

The perfect midfield signing in my head would be someone that could play either for Sissoko or Hojbjerg in our system, someone much better on the ball than Sissoko. I'm not sure that player is possible to sign though.

Why not give Høybjerg his old partner again? Ward-Prowse is a very good player, and it would also give us an edge from free kicks.
And he's home grown. We seem to want rid of a few home grown players, so will need to stack up in that department anyway.

I thought he had played as the more box to box player in a deep two, though obviously Leipzig play a different style to ours. Hence him being talked about as possibly being an upgrade on Sissoko for us. For what it's worth Harry Brooks seems to think that would be a position he could play.

If he can't play as one of the deeper two midfielders in our system signing him would only really make sense if Ndombele is ready to play deeper for us.

The perfect midfield signing in my head would be someone that could play either for Sissoko or Hojbjerg in our system, someone much better on the ball than Sissoko. I'm not sure that player is possible to sign though.
Harry brooks said that about Szoboslai not sabitzer

Sabitzer isn’t a dm but can definitely play right side of a 3

Why not give Høybjerg his old partner again? Ward-Prowse is a very good player, and it would also give us an edge from free kicks.
And he's home grown. We seem to want rid of a few home grown players, so will need to stack up in that department anyway.
Ward prowse is class but IMO one to play the slightly further role where we have Lo Celso and NDombele
We do have to be cognisant of the HG issue

I'd have thought Sabitzer would be an ideal replacement for Sissoko. He's not as big but he's physically aggressive in that he is high energy and closes down players quickly - so different to Sissoko but I would have thought have similar defensive impact. He'd obviously give much much more on the ball though and get up to support the forwards in a way which neither PEH or Sissoko really do.

I'd have thought Sabitzer would be an ideal replacement for Sissoko. He's not as big but he's physically aggressive in that he is high energy and closes down players quickly - so different to Sissoko but I would have thought have similar defensive impact. He'd obviously give much much more on the ball though and get up to support the forwards in a way which neither PEH or Sissoko really do.
I’d replace Lamela with Sabitzer. Sabitzer is significantly better and that’s before you consider the fact that him being available for more than a third of the season would instantly make him more useful than Lamela.

Soumare is the one to replace Sissoko IMO.... although I’d keep Sissoko around for a year to help Soumare settle in and use Gazzaniga’s overseas spot to get him in the squad

Podence is class
Was great catching us for olympiakos too
Great signing for wolves

He's brilliant and offers something very different to what we already have. Fiery, brickhousery-adept style player too. Younger and less injury prone than Erik - as much as that pains me to admit that.

Jose just needs to organise the Portugese double swoop.

Harry brooks said that about Szoboslai not sabitzer

Sabitzer isn’t a dm but can definitely play right side of a 3
He seems to have several posts in the last couple of days talking about Sabitzer as a good upgrade on Sissoko. I might be completely be missing something, but right now I don't see how it can be read any other way.

He seems to have several posts in the last couple of days talking about Sabitzer as a good upgrade on Sissoko. I might be completely be missing something, but right now I don't see how it can be read any other way.
Yeah to replace sissoko
But the comments about changing position when he made it was about Szoboslai

Sissoko has been decent for the system we are playing

He has been, however he's 32 next summer and if we want to evolve as a team then I think you need someone who can do more with the ball in CM. Our tactics are working now, especially against better teams, but aren't greater against weaker teams and we will be very predictable.

Jose also made the point on Sunday that in the second half we should have held the ball a lot better. Arguably he should have replaced Sissoko with GLC at half term in order to help that, but with a CM who is better on the ball, we would have been able to without making subs

Back