• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

His job was to keep them up, and he was always going to do this by virtue of there being easily 3 worse teams below them. In that sense, it was an easy job to take. I fully expect him to have got the boot by xmas next season.

His job was to keep them up, and he was always going to do this by virtue of there being easily 3 worse teams below them. In that sense, it was an easy job to take. I fully expect him to have got the boot by xmas next season.

Agreed that it was a good job for him. But I think it will continue to be a good job for him next season (assuming they stay up). Expectations have probably never been lower at Villa Park. A lower mid table, avoiding a relegation scrap, season will be seen as progress of a kind. They've also shown themselves fairly patient with their managers compared to some other PL teams.

If he can get a couple of good signings come the summer, perhaps he can even get a Spurs player on loan to do well, I think he will do fine again next season. I remain entirely unconvinced by him as a long term manager, in part because he's entirely unproven at that. But he's also shown himself as capable short term at least, and that should be enough to keep the Villa job for a while.

Villa have quite a few injured at the minute. I think 9 players, and quite a few are muscle strains I heard today. Whilst he was at Spurs there were an awful lot of muscle related injuries. My mind goes back to the Benfica games, make shift defences, no CBs. His training regimes must be diabolical.

he couldn't do any worse than lambert was doing, sometimes all players need to see is a new face, personally I wouldn't be happy him managing my pub side but there's such a dearth of quality candidates at the top level nowadays

Agreed that it was a good job for him. But I think it will continue to be a good job for him next season (assuming they stay up). Expectations have probably never been lower at Villa Park. A lower mid table, avoiding a relegation scrap, season will be seen as progress of a kind. They've also shown themselves fairly patient with their managers compared to some other PL teams.

If he can get a couple of good signings come the summer, perhaps he can even get a Spurs player on loan to do well, I think he will do fine again next season. I remain entirely unconvinced by him as a long term manager, in part because he's entirely unproven at that. But he's also shown himself as capable short term at least, and that should be enough to keep the Villa job for a while.

Be interesting to see how many Spurs players want to make that move. Be an indicator, perhaps, one way or another of how he was actually viewed in the dressing room.

Be interesting to see how many Spurs players want to make that move. Be an indicator, perhaps, one way or another of how he was actually viewed in the dressing room.
Our players virtually went on strike because they weren't allowed ketchup. I'd be surprised if Captain Bellend's ability (or lack thereof) will be a deciding factor.

Bent has always been a goal scorer and with the right service would still score goals. It's abit harsh calling him the worst striker in football when he would have easily outscored Soldado and Adebayor this season if he was playing for us.

he wouldn't because he's thick, he used to have pace and be able to get behind defenders to toe poke it goalwards (and to be fair he did that a lot at one point), anytime he's required to actually control the ball he fudges it up, his first touch makes Ade look like Berbatov and he lacks the intelligence to move defenders around off the ball and aid the attacking unit

“We’ve got different types of players,” he said. “You look through QPR’s side and they’ve got a lot of players who are men with a lot of experience. We’ve got a few men in there but we’ve got a lot of pretty much ‘icing-on-the-cake’ players. I’m trying to get that mentality into them to start digging out results. It’s not what we’re cut out to do.”

No other sides have picked up fewer points than these two sides since xmas.

He is already talking about Ramsey being sacked from QPR at the end of the season and seeing if he can talk to the board to see if they can find him something to do at villa. How disrespectful to a so called "friend".

Back