• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

Would scoring a goal a game until the end of the season make him a better player?

Surely the rest of this season will not significantly change his attributes. If anything we should go for him if he's underrated and thus cheaper and stay away if he goes on a hot run of goalscoring form.

no but going on a run of a goal a game shows he has sill got it and not a one hit wonder like alot of people think.

And a lot of folks think he is the real deal, 44 goals in 99 games for a crud Villa side.

Which is probably more than rest of the Villa players combined in that period. Their entire game plan has been to give him the ball. He's not incredibly talented or skilful, he just gets a gazillion chances to try and do something every game. He's the target man version of Townsend.

no but going on a run of a goal a game shows he has sill got it and not a one hit wonder like alot of people think.

It's not really about what "people think", it's about what our transfer team and scouts think. If they haven't made their mind up by now and will be influenced by the games left this season we're doing something severely wrong.

If we're interested we probably have a half decent idea of how much we would be willing to pay. I'm guessing that doesn't change much depending on what goes on for the rest of the season, or at least it shouldn't. Him playing poorly, or particularly Villa going down, could influence what we actually have to pay to get him. I think it's more likely that we get him if he doesn't play well for the rest of the season.

We really shouldn't look to buy into the hype of a player going on a hot run of form over 8-9 games.

Which is probably more than rest of the Villa players combined in that period. Their entire game plan has been to give him the ball. He's not incredibly talented or skilful, he just gets a gazillion chances to try and do something every game. He's the target man version of Townsend.

Stop! Hammer time and I disagree with yours over this, he is far more then what you are suggesting.

How would he do with better, although perhaps less frequent, service?

There would still be a lot of horrendous misses.

I don't quite get it. Not trying to be argumentative or difficult. I don't know if Benteke is good enough to be a target for us or not, just trying to understand your problem with him.

Would you mind expanding a bit?

I don't quite get it. Not trying to be argumentative or difficult. I don't know if Benteke is good enough to be a target for us or not, just trying to understand your problem with him.

Would you mind expanding a bit?

As a backup for 10-12 million he'd be okay. Anything more is not worth it.

Whenever I see him play I just think 'thank GHod he's not playing for us'. The amount of opportunities he wastes. I don't want us to play with a classic target man anyway. What we need is better wide forwards and midfielders.

He's also one of the thickest footballers out there. The guy is stupid for a footballer.

Whenever I see him play I just think 'thank GHod he's not playing for us'. The amount of opportunities he wastes. I don't want us to play with a classic target man anyway. What we need is better wide forwards and midfielders.

He's also one of the thickest footballers out there. The guy is stupid for a footballer.

Fair enough. Cheers.

He scored a hat trick against the worst defence in the league. If he bangs in a goal a game until the end of the season then he might be worth getting but only for £15m maximum.

I have a feeling he will go 4 or 5 games without scoring again.

so? it happens to the majority of strikers. I remember Lineker ometimes used to go 7 games without scoring a goal

he scored a hatrick against the worst defence in the league? well Kane only bagged 2 against the worst defence in the league. Does that mean Kane is a worse striker than Benteke

Benteke is a good PL striker. I dont think anyone is saying he is the new Drogba or anything like that, but if he is available in the summer for the right price (id say anywhere between 15-20 mill) then he should be an option we look at.

wow....i think you are way off line, but its your opinion i guess

That's a big statement; how do you back this up?

if you had to choose between lets say Benteke, Pelle and Austin, all costing between 15-20 mill (sorry buts that the minimum going rate for a PL striker these days) who would you choose and why

so? it happens to the majority of strikers. I remember Lineker ometimes used to go 7 games without scoring a goal

he scored a hatrick against the worst defence in the league? well Kane only bagged 2 against the worst defence in the league. Does that mean Kane is a worse striker than Benteke

Benteke is a good PL striker. I dont think anyone is saying he is the new Drogba or anything like that, but if he is available in the summer for the right price (id say anywhere between 15-20 mill) then he should be an option we look at.

As you say it was a silly statement, Kane scored a hatrick against Leciester who are lower in the table then QPR so what does that make him.

looking forward to his post match conference and dig at levy when his team has lost 3-0

Back