• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

What about them? As I said, I myself knew about him as a player, and I got some feedback from some who socialized with him. A few of those said he could be a cvnt at times. So I was aware of it back then, as were others. But, what's your point?
I thought that when you said
sc25 said:
Maybe part of that is because I for one knew how he was before he even became our manager. So it wasn't that surprising to me. I knew about him when he was a player. I knew people who socialized with him and I got some feedback.

You were somehow defending his personality. If you agree with me that he is a complete and utter cvnt then great - nothing to see here, move along, etc.

If you agree with me that he is a complete and utter cvnt then great - nothing to see here, move along, etc.

No, I don't agree with you on that. At least not to that extent. But even if I did, and some others did, you would agree, and have seen, that different people choose to react and respond to it differently, if at all, right?

No, I don't agree with you on that. At least not to that extent. But even if I did, and some others did, you would agree, and have seen, that different people choose to react and respond to it differently, if at all, right?
Absolutely.

I know full well that some people would accept rSol as manager if it meant us winning the league. Personally, I have limits that I can't go past when it comes to supporting our club. People like Captain Bellend and the way he acted at our club as a player, as loans to Swindon manager and as caretaker are beyond that limit.

I believe most agree, and have said, that they are glad we made a change and that he is no longer our manager.

Absolutely.

I know full well that some people would accept rSol as manager if it meant us winning the league. Personally, I have limits that I can't go past when it comes to supporting our club. People like Captain Bellend and the way he acted at our club as a player, as loans to Swindon manager and as caretaker are beyond that limit.

Lets be known, on record, I am NOT one of those people.

So you thought when you said 'clean slate' a few posts back that he would suddenly shut up? Or were you just laying the groundwork for 'I tried to give him a break'? You knew he was likely at some point to yap something, right?

Thats what he does. Sherwood yaps. He mouths off. He says stupid stuff at times. He can make himself look a fool. He is immature at times. He lacks business acumen and PR skills. He isn't the best 'front man' or image for a club. Media and press love it, and will pursue and provoke it. He's a quote. It sells. It gets a response (like in here, though some hate the media). Many times I've thought 'Tim, shut up FFS!'. But, he is unlikely to change. Tough concept for some to grasp, but thats the way he is. People wanting him to be somebody else are likely to be disappointed. He is what he is. I think we agree on all that, right Steff?

However, different people then choose how they react to it (if at all) and pursue it. For me, its not that important what he says. Especially now. I know how he is and so I keep a perspective. Maybe part of that is because I for one knew how he was before he even became our manager. So it wasn't that surprising to me. I knew about him when he was a player. I knew people who socialized with him and I got some feedback. What I'm saying is, I think we mostly agree on the content or the source thereof. The reaction variance with different people, which can be huge at times, comes thereafter.

No. That is in YOUR head mate. I don't work with such agendas in life, let alone on a fudging message board.

YES, I DID know he was liable to 'spout' but think about it, TWICE in under 24 hours he has talked gonad*s already??? Laughable.

As for your protestations on reaction, you might not choose to react to what he says, but you choose to react to what you perceive as negative reactions towards him. So don't fool yourself mate, you're part of the game here.

Again, good luck to the geezer and hope he does well, but so far as not laughing at hime when he says stupid things? Not going to happen. Finally, I am never too sure how 'well' you 'knew' him, but I am getting the distinct impression you know people who know him...it might surprise you to realize that you are not alone in this.

Fin ally mate, yes, absolutely, we would agree that he is who he is. I am stunned he has seemingly not learned a single thing from prior experiences, but there we go, he might yet prove me wrong on that front too. And as a glass-half-full bloke, I'd be delighted if he did!!!!

Anyway, be well mate, life's too short to spend too much time debating him, let's get back to discussing Spurs!
;)

I wanted him out because he single-handedly managed to completely suck the joy out of being a Spurs fan.

I make fun of him because he's a twunt that makes a complete arse of himself in the media on a regular basis.

I think steff has a valid point, he wasn't sacked because of results, he was sacked for his public persona, it's a reasonable expectation that he would have learned from that

I think steff has a valid point, he wasn't sacked because of results, he was sacked for his public persona, it's a reasonable expectation that he would have learned from that
He's one of those people who thinks a personality like his is a positive thing. He'd never learn even if he did have the capacity.

He's one of those people who thinks a personality like his is a positive thing. He'd never learn even if he did have the capacity.

It would appear this is the case...I have absorbed his 'entrance' at Villa and frankly, the way he speaks about his players (coupled with this 'headmaster' crap) leaves me wondering if the new mandate for squad match-day wear will include a cap, tie and shorts?!

It would appear this is the case...I have absorbed his 'entrance' at Villa and frankly, the way he speaks about his players (coupled with this 'headmaster' crap) leaves me wondering if the new mandate for squad match-day wear will include a cap, tie and shorts?!

He certainly talks gonad*s and cliches and has an inflated sense of his own importance but this hardly sets him apart as a a manager or ex-player.

I am sure that many Villa fans will be happy to put up with this if he can lead them to safety this season and they push on next. Much as we were with Redknapp until he took his eye off the ball.

I think that the real test for Sherwood is whether he can work constructively at the club and show that he can build/set up a football team.

Last season was in many ways an artificial situation. He was auditioning for a position in public whilst many of the players knew that he would not be around so many of his threats were empty. He is not in that position now, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to him.

He undoubtedly flunked his audition with us. The results were acceptable but the performances were largely disjointed, as a public face of the club he was an embarrassment and he was a disruptive presence.

I think he will do a Di Canio. Keep them up by virtue of there being 3 worse teams, rather then him or Villa being particularly good, then have a dive next season and get sacked.

He certainly talks cobblers and cliches and has an inflated sense of his own importance but this hardly sets him apart as a a manager or ex-player.

I am sure that many Villa fans will be happy to put up with this if he can lead them to safety this season and they push on next. Much as we were with Redknapp until he took his eye off the ball.

I think that the real test for Sherwood is whether he can work constructively at the club and show that he can build/set up a football team.

Last season was in many ways an artificial situation. He was auditioning for a position in public whilst many of the players knew that he would not be around so many of his threats were empty. He is not in that position now, so it will be interesting to see how the players react to him.

He undoubtedly flunked his audition with us. The results were acceptable but the performances were largely disjointed, as a public face of the club he was an embarrassment and he was a disruptive presence.

a fine appraisal IMO...

Somehow feel Sherwood will struggle to become a good manager. He seems to be too big-headed to be successfull. I know all the successfull managers like Mourinho and Wenger are roostery but Sherwood seems to be beyond it. He really should have managed a lower division clubs before trying his luck in the PL.

Strange thing is, talking to my brother over the week-end, he had the impression that Deadwood was a success at Spurs and that he came across as a manager of potential! Not sure if it is just us Spurs fans with a jaded/black -tinted view or some of the general public don't see what we see

He's viewed as a success for a few reasons. Firstly he has friends in almost all media outlets. Sky has Redknapp Jnr, BBC has Shearer etc. all are willing to pat their pal on the back.

Secondly he has his reputation enhanced by carefully selected and refined stats. He is statistically our best manager in the premier league? It's a shame that Spurs were founded 110 years before the Premier League and play in at least three competitions yearly, at least. In cup competitions he is the worst manager in the entire history of the club, and for his combined league/cup record he is ranked 14th in our history. Hardly a world beater.

All this info is from statto's website, one of his most vocal supporters on this site. Just with the bigger picture

He's viewed as a success for a few reasons. Firstly he has friends in almost all media outlets. Sky has Redknapp Jnr, BBC has Shearer etc. all are willing to pat their pal on the back.

Secondly he has his reputation enhanced by carefully selected and refined stats. He is statistically our best manager in the premier league? It's a shame that Spurs were founded 110 years before the Premier League and play in at least three competitions yearly, at least. In cup competitions he is the worst manager in the entire history of the club, and for his combined league/cup record he is ranked 14th in our history. Hardly a world beater.

All this info is from statto's website, one of his most vocal supporters on this site. Just with the bigger picture

It's not enough of a sample either way to label him a success or a failure. He didn't have enough experience that's why I was glad we replaced him, but some people's views are a bit extreme IMO considering the guy who previously managed us was hardly playing exciting football. The games were slightly more enjoyable to watch as we attacked more, but the end results were near enough the same as AVB's and yet AVB is viewed as some kind of misunderstood genius who will rule world football in the future.

Glad both of them were booted out the club.

Back