• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spurs Exodus Thread

I'm still ever so suspicious that this whole Jenas leaving talk is some sort of trick, even now it's confirmed on the OS I'm looking at it thinking it can't be true...

An odd move for Townsend say, thought there'd be better places for him to ply his trade as QPR seems to be a bit of an odd club at present but hopefully he'll work his way in to the starting line up and stay there.

Harry Redknapp confirms, the OS confirms and you still want more?

I understand that realistically there isn't really much more confirmation I could get but it still doesn't feel real. Did they........pay money for him?

It's QPR and Fernandes. Of course they did. I'm actually surprised they didn't pick up Bentley. Their squad list will make for interesting reading, do they know themselves how many players they've got?

Feel sorry for Bentley - last few seasons can't have bee much fun for him. Unlucky/foolish to join us when we had a better player in his position. Has been shunted around here and there, as we try to offload him. Wasn't that long ago he was getting caps for England and touted as the next David Beckham. He deserves a place in a lower Premiership team at least - I'm sure he could still add value.

Feel sorry for Bentley - last few seasons can't have bee much fun for him. Unlucky/foolish to join us when we had a better player in his position. Has been shunted around here and there, as we try to offload him. Wasn't that long ago he was getting caps for England and touted as the next David Beckham. He deserves a place in a lower Premiership team at least - I'm sure he could still add value.

Bentley is a very good player. It wasn't his fault that Levy took a day off and believed Comolli and massively overpaid for him. We are paying his wages-why not use him?

Bentley is a very good player. It wasn't his fault that Levy took a day off and believed Comolli and massively overpaid for him. We are paying his wages-why not use him?

Actually I think you are right, I think he would fit into an AVB team Ok. He is quite capable of playing neat quick passing football.

Actually I think you are right, I think he would fit into an AVB team Ok. He is quite capable of playing neat quick passing football.

i would play him in the league cup and europa league matches to rest lennon and not put lennon at risk of a long term injury

seem to remember the best i ever saw bentley play for us was at right back, can not remember who it was against but if we are up against a team that sits deep it would not be a bad option because he would get his time to pick out his crosses that he does not get at right midfield.

its funny cause some would have you believe that AVB is seriously embedding these players into the rotation ...like they have a chance to play regularly. odd

I've always thought that it might have been a bit different for Bentley if we hadn't sold Berbatov in the same window. We bought a right midfielder with a good cross and sold our only striker who could bring down a ball.

That said, he was pretty average throughout his career apart from the season and a half before we signed him.

(sorry, had started a thread about Bentley then saw this)

So Levy didn't want to sanction his QPR loan without some wedge. So he is still our player.

I wonder, with Sandro being out and Dembele in need of a rest, is there a way we can devise a midfield which sees him playing a far DEEPER central role? Where the Hudd plays when he gets his minutes? I'd back Bentley (right now) to pick a pass and deliver some service more than Tom. Or am I totally off-base here? Just thinking how we could get some use from him...

So Levy didn't want to sanction his QPR loan without some wedge. So he is still our player.

I wonder, with Sandro being out and Dembele in need of a rest, is there a way we can devise a midfield which sees him playing a far DEEPER central role? Where the Hudd plays when he gets his minutes? I'd back Bentley (right now) to pick a pass and deliver some service more than Tom. Or am I totally off-base here? Just thinking how we could get some use from him...

Very odd, because AVB says he rates Hudd but rarely uses him or rather is forced to use him in cases of injury or league cup etc. I am suprised we never loaned Hudd out to gain more minutes elsewhere. I am also interested to see how (if) he integrates Bentley back into the team. I have not seen any pics of him training with the team so i am assuming he is doing individual work to maintain fitness.Also all of our cover for the wings (Townsend, Falque) are out on loan so this could have been a planned thing to bring DB back and play him.

I think you are looking for Reasons to play him just because we still have him on our books, I would play him if he did not weaken our team or there was no other choices through injuries etc, but tbh he has done nothing to merit being picked, put him on the bench with a view of giving him some minutes but is he really any good, he is not in anyway shape or form a center mid.

strange how AVB himself doesnt quite agree:)

totally off base

Jenas, what does he do? Move to QPR!

202 games and 26 goals for us - rarely spectacular, often anonymous, but IMO never the brick player some fans made him out to be. Just not good enough for where we are now. Good luck at QPR!

Back